What's new

Customizing my SIG P 365

As I said my advice was from lawyer who defend people civilly & criminally.

Term he used when someone made stock trigger easier to use, or pull is: Enhancement, great argument about making something east like firearm easier to use.

Question an attorney might ask is why Mr. Defendant why did you modify your firearm to ENHANCE for ease of use?

Arthritic hands. A good defense lawyer will bat that crap out of the box.

I went the route with the MCarbo backplate upgrade. I had over a few years after starting with a small standard 365, gotten an xl slide, and then another side for a green dot sight. Installation of two of the backplates was a breeze, just be careful not to launch that small spring and plunger that secures the backplate. One slide was not drilled so the backplate could not be installed. I ended up taking it along with one that was drilled to my gunsmith so he could drill, actually he said it was so hard he had to set things up and mill that tiny cavity. He did comment that the MCarbo unit was a much better set up than the factory striker with that flimsy plastic tab. I did pick up a couple of extra springs/plungers in case of a ballistic launch.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I went the route with the MCarbo backplate upgrade. I had over a few years after starting with a small standard 365, gotten an xl slide, and then another side for a green dot sight. Installation of two of the backplates was a breeze, just be careful not to launch that small spring and plunger that secures the backplate. One slide was not drilled so the backplate could not be installed. I ended up taking it along with one that was drilled to my gunsmith so he could drill, actually he said it was so hard he had to set things up and mill that tiny cavity. He did comment that the MCarbo unit was a much better set up than the factory striker with that flimsy plastic tab. I did pick up a couple of extra springs/plungers in case of a ballistic launch.
Did you get the TI striker as well?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_2666.jpeg
IMG_2667.jpeg
IMG_2668.jpeg

Probably not news to anyone, but the 12 round mags adapted for the original P365 are easily converted to use with the XL frame by removal of the "extension sleeve", replacing the end plate results in a serviceable flush magazine, although a slightly protruding end plate (which are available) would be preferable for positive seating under stress. Notice the slight magwell flair of the WC grip module.
But these will suffice until I eventually get a couple of Magguts +2 conversions for these two magazine after I get all the MCARBO goodies down the line.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Upon further reflection, I think I'll get the Magguts +2 conversions sooner than later and for all four of my 12 round magazines. Although I haven't shot with the mags with the Pierce pinky extensions yet, but I don't like how they print when CC and how my extra mag pokes me with the pinky extension.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm good with the cheap polymer grip frames, gives me more money to spend on upgrades that make a significant difference on how the gun shoots. If money were no object, then sure, why not? But I'll already be spending the cost of another gun once I get all the goodies I want without the cost of a milled grip frame. If money were no object, I'd probably get a different gun , but which one I couldn't tell you.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Upon further reflection, I think I'll get the Magguts +2 conversions sooner than later and for all four of my 12 round magazines. Although I haven't shot with the mags with the Pierce pinky extensions yet, but I don't like how they print when CC and how my extra mag pokes me with the pinky extension.

What’s the word on magguts +2 reliability and dependability?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I shot my P 365 X conversion in a bowling pin match today. I like the grip frame just fine. I saw no benefit with the Pierce pinky extension magazine base pads and no downside with the flush base plates from the original magazine configuration for the P 365 subcompact.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_2674.jpeg

M*CARBO flat trigger and extended mag release installed. Also the spring kit. Sill using the OEM striker, but with the M*CARBO 4 lb striker spring. Not sure what the OEM spring is, maybe 5 lbs.? Resultant trigger pull averages 3 lb., 8 oz. OEM trigger pull was 6 lb., 4 oz. average. Can't wait to shoot it, the reset is ridiculously short!

IMG_2675.jpeg

Close up of extended mag release. I thought that I may have to releave the grip module under the extended mag release, but the "paddle" is very thin and works just fine as is.

Two sets of Magguts_+2 magazine extensions inbound. May order two more later.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Top photo, P365 X with Magguts +2 for 14 rounds
IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2682.jpeg
IMG_2683.jpeg

Middle photo with flush 12 rd magazine plate, bottom photo Magguts +2 on left, standard flush 12 round on right.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Shot the P 365 today with it's new trigger and springs, very different than what I'm used to. It will take a while to fully get used to. I need to work on catching the short reset so as to be able to make quicker follow up shots. But that will come in time, no complaints at all with the trigger. A couple of glitches with the magguts converted magazines, a failure to feed once and a premature lock back of the slide while still having bullets in the magazine. I think the springs just need to be broken in some more and the problems will resolve themselves.

Top Bottom