What's new

Thinking about ditching the SA-35

Annnd, the Girsan Match is around $650, so another $230 for the magwell & grips...I can juice my own action...I already have a nitride barrel & ambi-safety in the parts box...hmmmmm...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Never going back to a 1911?!? Wow! That’s saying something! I know you well enough to know, you don’t throw words around lightly!

I’m not going to be able to sleep now, without thinking about the Springfield SA-35 and what if?

Enabling at its finest. :)

:kyle1: I would never, ever, divest myself of mine; preferring it to all forms of combat Tupperware and 1911s. Luckily neither SA-35 nor a Walther PP touches my hand-web. Finally, somewhere north of 2K rounds I finally had a FTE- using a no-name mag, BTW, FWIW.

I do care muchly for revolvers, but actually had a Colt lock up on me, from day to day. Worn bolt, I guess, I replaced the hand and that wasn't it ...

Tricked-out SA-35 would be a very neat thing. I just want tritium sights, considering it ... very good as-is. To me.

AA
Sorry, I should have been more specific, I probably won’t go back to a 1911 as a daily carry. I won’t be getting rid of them, ever. My Springfield TRP will always do duty as my nightstand gun.

:kyle1: I would never, ever, divest myself of mine; preferring it to all forms of combat Tupperware and 1911s. Luckily neither SA-35 nor a Walther PP touches my hand-web. Finally, somewhere north of 2K rounds I finally had a FTE- using a no-name mag, BTW, FWIW.

I do care muchly for revolvers, but actually had a Colt lock up on me, from day to day. Worn bolt, I guess, I replaced the hand and that wasn't it ...

Tricked-out SA-35 would be a very neat thing. I just want tritium sights, considering it ... very good as-is. To me.

AA
I had a S&W M13 that did that. It turned out to be the ejector rode. It had come unscrewed just a bit and locked up the gun. It was a locktite simple problem.

Top Bottom