What's new

Are The Ruger LCP Models Durable?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Trigger pull is heavy but, that’s what I like about it. I can hit a plate sized target at 25 yds, which I’m happy with.

It seems the LCR in 9mm is harder to find than .38 and pricier when you do find it.

Yep, clean revolvers are almost as reliable as dirty Glocks.

(I'll show myself out...)
Back in the ‘80s when I was in the Army, my platoon was tasked to test a new side arm. Glock was one of those weapon platforms. We put that thing through h*** and back, and it out-performed the others. I don’t have any doubt that a dirty Glock will perform well. 😁

It seems the LCR in 9mm is harder to find than .38 and pricier when you do find it.
I did it again. I now see on the website that they have it in 9mm. In my experience, the 9mm round is best suited for an auto loading pistol. But, I haven’t made any new purchases in about 8 years so, there is probably a lot of advances that I’m no aware of.

Back in the ‘80s when I was in the Army, my platoon was tasked to test a new side arm. Glock was one of those weapon platforms. We put that thing through h*** and back, and it out-performed the others. I don’t have any doubt that a dirty Glock will perform well. 😁
Yes. They spoil you. Minimal to no maintenance, easy disassembly, take lots of abuse, load with any round and they still go "boom" every time.

On the flip side, they are ugly as sin, and have the ergonomics of a plastic brick. At least my Gen 3's do, the newer ones with removable back straps may be more comfortable to hold.

Yes. They spoil you. Minimal to no maintenance, easy disassembly, take lots of abuse, load with any round and they still go "boom" every time.

On the flip side, they are ugly as sin, and have the ergonomics of a plastic brick. At least my Gen 3's do, the newer ones with removable back straps may be more comfortable to hold.
Just like anything else, there are advances in design and technology. I agree, they aren’t pretty but, for me… they have always fit me like a glove. The Gen 5 is much more comfortable than the 3, in my opinion.

Just like anything else, there are advances in design and technology. I agree, they aren’t pretty but, for me… they have always fit me like a glove. The Gen 5 is much more comfortable than the 3, in my opinion.

Oh, I am sure. Not getting one, though, as I am holding on to my Gen 3s. They are slowly getting into "vintage" territory...

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Your post makes sense to me. While there are other small pocket pistols out there, I don’t think there is a comparable brand to compete with the round capacity of Ruger’s LCP Max.

I need to try S&W’s Bodyguard .380 and see how I like their true double action trigger.
I far prefer my S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 )pauses to catch my breath) and actually it's what I'm carrying today.

large-01small.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I did it again. I now see on the website that they have it in 9mm. In my experience, the 9mm round is best suited for an auto loading pistol. But, I haven’t made any new purchases in about 8 years so, there is probably a lot of advances that I’m no aware of.

I think there are a couple of pro’s the 9mm can bring to a small snub nose revolver that is used strictly for up close self defense?

1. For starters, everything I read is, the 9mm is ballistically superior to .38? :)

2. Just the smaller overall compactness of the 9mm compared to the .38, means the cylinder doesn’t have to be as long as a .38? Which then means the revolver’s frame that houses that smaller cylinder can in turn be smaller and more compact?

3. Not only will 9mm moon clips can do double duty as small and easy to carry speed loaders, which can speed up and simplify for a quicker smoother reload?

4. I also would think, the much shorter 9mm cases would extract easier and quicker than the longer bulging spent cases of .38 when ejecting them?

This is my theory anyway and I’m sticking to it…. :)

I think there are a couple of pro’s the 9mm can bring to a small snub nose revolver that is used strictly for up close self defense?

1. For starters, everything I read is, the 9mm is ballistically superior to .38? :)

2. Just the smaller overall compactness of the 9mm compared to the .38, means the cylinder doesn’t have to be as long as a .38? Which then means the revolver’s frame that houses that smaller cylinder can in turn be smaller and more compact?

3. Not only will 9mm moon clips can do double duty as small and easy to carry speed loaders, which can speed up and simplify for a quicker smoother reload?

4. I also would think, the much shorter 9mm cases would extract easier and quicker than the longer bulging spent cases of .38 when ejecting them?

Makes sense to me. I haven’t done the research but, that’s something worth looking in to. 9mm is certainly more available and, less $$ from what I see.

1) Generally the same characteristics, until you get into the ++P+ subgun rounds that beat autos badly, but you can shoot everything from "poof" subsonic rounds to the hot-n-spicey with no reliability worries.

2) True, but until some manufacturer tools up specifically for a shorter 9mm gun, they'll all still be built to the .38/.357 specs.

3) Yup, lots faster. I had a RO check my lane once because he thought I was doing fast quintuplets out of some super capacity mag!😎😁

4) Still a good idea to polish your chambers, but yes, they pop right out.

Top Bottom