What's new

Changing needs as I age

One suggestion for those who are losing hand and finger strength for a racking a slide…

Go online and order a handful of silly putty designed for hand physical therapy. You can practice squeezing it, fingers one at a time with resistance or the whole hand surrounding the putty, this will build up muscles big time.

You can also order online the cushioned hand grip exercisers. I used to use these extensively when I was seriously engaged in high angle rock climbing including the big walls in Yosemite or alpine routes in Colorado and The Tetons.

You will be surprised at how strong your hand and finger and arm muscles can gain strength with good exercising.

19B83B80-E66B-4A61-A3EB-EB9348816932.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm almost afraid to point out the mental health component of this. If Alzeheimer's or dementia is even on the horizon, one must divest of firearms. That's just the way it's got to be.

Life is both too short and beautiful. Insert haiku poem about falling cherry blossoms here.

proxy.php

AA

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I'm almost afraid to point out the mental health component of this. If Alzeheimer's or dementia is even on the horizon, one must divest of firearms. That's just the way it's got to be.

Life is both too short and beautiful. Insert haiku poem about falling cherry blossoms here.

proxy.php

AA
Well, that almost goes without saying. Same with the other deadly instrumentality, motor vehicles.

Thankfully, those predispositions are not in my genetics. My father was still sharp as a whip when he passed. A failing mind is a much harder end than a failing body in my opinion. Especially on those closest. There are two passings with the former.

The old joke goes, when I go, I want to go out the way I came in. I’ll leave the others to remember the punchline.

I’ve still got a long way to go. Mrs. C sees to that.

Top Bottom