What's new

Merkur and Feather : same factory ?

Guys,

Are Merkur and Feather blades made in the same factory ? I found a Merkur blade in a Feather packaging in my box of Merkur blades ...

Feather factory is in Japan, Merkur factory is in Germany, AFAIK. That's an interesting mixup. Was the packaging sealed? How about the blade box?

Hm.... to be on the safe side, I would not shave with that particular blade. Maybe it came out of the wrapping and someone transferred it to a spare wrapper they had on hand. Who knows. I'd ask the webshop about this, though.

The wrap is still sealed, I knew something strange was going on since I've ever only owned two feather blades in my life. Guess I'll keep it as a collector's item or something like that.

Hm.... to be on the safe side, I would not shave with that particular blade. Maybe it came out of the wrapping and someone transferred it to a spare wrapper they had on hand. Who knows. I'd ask the webshop about this, though.

This explanation sounds very plausible ..... there goes my collector's item.

Weird. I found a Merkur blade in a pack of Croma Diamant blades not too long ago. They are from Germany too but not from Solingen (as the Merkur blades state) and found that to be strange enough.

Maybe the blades were shipped to the same factory for wrapping and placement in the blade box? A lot of blades use the same white blade container (including Merkurs and Feathers) or the same cardboard box design.

Top Bottom