What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Watched Son Of Paleface last night, with the whole fam....

Watched The Paleface tonight.

Seeing my kids laugh and enjoy those movies was Priceless!

"The Theory of Everything". Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking. I have not seen a more Oscar worthy performance this year (and I thought Benedict Cumberbatch was a front runner in (Imitation Game"). Beautiful story, if somewhat formulaic.

Last edited:
I've been on a TV series kick lately, but think it fits here.

Derek on Netflix for a couple seasons and really enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gone Girl. A great thriller but not a family movie! My 87 year old Mom watched it with us and she was a bit overwhelmed to say the least.

I watched The Dark Knight last night. Worst movie I've ever seen. Christian Bale is not a good Batman (nor an actor. All his roles are about the same) Heath Ledger made the Joker seem like a homeless recovering herion addict. Nothing that I have ever seen has put that character into that light. It was horrible. Then again it could just be Christopher Nolan as the director. I haven't liked anything he's ever done.

Id like that precious 152 minutes of my life back....

Just watched the new Ninja Turtles movie.

After reading some bad reviews, i didn't really want to watch it. But i actually enjoyed the movie. a bunch of action, and i liked that the turtles had personality along with different faces.

i'll go ahead and give it an 8/10.

"Unbroken". An average Hollywood film about a fascinating man who deserved a better movie made from the book about his life. Somehow the filmmakers made 60 minutes of repeated beatings seem boring.

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy: another fun movie from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Both my 9 yr old son and I really enjoyed it, although some of the in-jokes that made me laugh went right over his head (....and that was one of the lines that went by him...) So much going on in the movie, repeated viewings are recommended. I will likely pick this one up if the rumored extended edition gets released on disc

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: better than the previous versions of the TMNT, which wasnt hard to do. My younger brother collected the original comic books (very dark and violent) which is always what I judge against - this was sanitized for mass consumption by a younger audience...like my kids. For what it was, it was good. Megan Fox is only recognizable by her voice; the girl that shot to fame bent over the hood of a yellow 1977 Camaro in the Transformers is gone

The November Man: Pierce Brosnan's version of "Taken", filmed by the same European production company, was completely predictable - but still a watchable action movie. It was good to watch a "grown up" movie set in the contemporary world, so even though this will never be a "classic", it was worth a go

'Elsa and Fred'. What a silly, contrived movie. With its two stars, Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine, it should have been grand, but poorly written and directed, IMO.

Just watched Fury with Brad Pitt and other good actors.

proxy.php

Project A with Jacky Chan on Netflix. The action was a little more frenetic than his usual fare. Lots of brawls, featuring too many people. Almost no plot, but the action was enjoyable and funny enough. It was no Drunken Master, but it was ok.

Top Bottom