What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Family; with Robert Deniro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones - a rare miss from Luc Besson in my opinion.

Thor, The Dark World; I am a fan of comic book movies and while this was slightly long, I enjoyed it

The Big Hit; re-watched an early Mark Wahlberg flick, I remember liking this movie and I was right.

Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle. My daughter loves it. So do I, to be honest. :lol:

I love the animation in Hayao Miyazaki's movies and even though my daughters are now grown up (18 & 20), we still love them. My favorites are Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. (Princess Mononoke isn't really a kids movie though.)

My wife and I started watching Nebraska a few nights ago but she fell asleep and I got too tired to finish it - this was after an arduous drive to the mountains with the kids. I'll have to pick it up some other time because I want to know what happens. I remember enjoying a few bits of the soundtrack as well.

Man of Steel. Not bad, but the intense amount of CGI made it approach a Transformers level of being overwhelming. And after two hours of CGI bombardment, the ending was kind of underwhelming.

Still, not bad. With this and the last couple of Batman movies, DC Comics is finally figuring out how to do a comic book movie.

All is Lost - a survival movie where Robert Redford fends off the elements while in a sinking boat. In one memorable sequence, Redford shaves while the rest of the boat rocks like there's no tomorrow. 3* of four.

Wolf Of Wall Street. I enjoyed it despite all of the unlikable characters and the unlikable behavior. This is what happens in a life absent of morality and restraint.

Looper. I normally don't enjoy time travel movies, but this one was pretty good. Probably because it was more of an action movie than a true sci-fi time travel movie.

Un Chien Andalou. What just happened to my eyes... :blink: I can't say I disliked it. I can't really call it a movie either. Figured I would watch it because Salvador Dali is one of my favorite painters. I will have to think about this.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

$MV5BODYwNDYxNDk1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTAwMTk2MDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

LOVED IT!!!! great movie!

A Midsummer's Night's Dream - the modern version starring Kevin Kline and Michelle Pfeiffer. This play is best on stage, but turns out to be a really solid version, with a few laugh-out-loud moments. 2-1/2* or four.

Top Bottom