What's new

Looking at purchasing a JNAT, help please

So I've decided to stick with my Norton set for now and add a DMT 325 along with a polisher. I'm thinking either a shapton or a JNAT. Would really like a JNAT but my question is where to start. Looking for a polisher that is obviously over the 8k range. But I also don't want to spend more than $200 on it. Is this even possible? I don't know where to start looking. If yall could point me in the right direction is appreciate it!

Im also open to other polishing stones if you have suggestions. I'm done using the 1um lapping film as a finisher!:glare:

Kyro

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Sure. Give Alex Gilmore at thejapanstone.com an email, and also Takeshi at AFramestokyo.com. Both of them should easily fix you up.

Max at japanesenaturalstones.com can too, but he is in Denmark and fast shipping is expensive.

A word of caution, JNats prices increase exponentially with size, so best to go for an irregular barber hone or kamisori-size stone. You are much less likely to get a really great stone if you want a 205x75 mm (8x3 inch) stone.

if you don't mind something irregular and a bit homely, you can get a great JNat for under $200.

Cheers, Steve

Takeshi has a really nice Wakasa for under 150. Looks like a nice option to me.
CKTG often has Oozuku Koppa for 70-ish I think but he sells out quick.

I'll check them all out, a buddy recommended the shapton pro 15000 for 25 bucks off what he payed for it and only used it once. If I don't care for it I'll sell it and go straight for the JNAT. Thanks for all the direction everyone!

Top Bottom