What's new

Lapping film, try it.

:confused1
Im sure this is covered somewhere in this thread, but thats a lot to read. im interested in trying film, but dont really want to buy a lifetime supply right off the bat. i also dont really wantto pay 5-6 dollars or more per sheet. Where is the best us vendor to get non-psa lapping film in 12,5,3,&1 micron grits in small quantities? I looked at specialized and you need to buy 25 sheet packs. Thor labs doesn't have the 12 micron. The others I've found so far have psa backed film. If I need to, I'll spend $50 at specialized, but I'd rather start with a smaller purchase. Thanks

Anyone? I've made it to page 14 of the thread and haven't found anything other than Thor labs, specialized, bestsharpeningstones, and woodcraft. Are there other vendors in the us?

Thanks pmaster. I googled a bit and found a couple places that sold it by the sheet. Fiberopticsstore.com sold 6.5x9 sheets for $0.50 each. Shipping is a bit high, so for 5 sets of 12,5,3, and 1 micron, it's $25. That's $5 per set, $1.25 per sheet shipped. It's a bit more than buying 25 sheets of each on specialized--$53/25= $2.12 per set. Then I tried to purchase and the link to PayPal kept saying certificate invalid, so I just broke down and ordered from specialized anyway. This stuff better work as well as you all say it does :wink2:

I tried to contact him through his site but his page would not accept my message. I tried with a MacBook and a PC???

Can you ask him to PM me. Thanks.

I sent Rick a PM asking him to contact you.
His B&B name is rickboone1 you can PM him through this website - he's the owner of stinkandstain.weebly.com - he's a great guy.
When you ask about the film, tell him about your trouble with his website.

Last edited:
I sent Rick a PM asking him to contact you.
His B&B name is rickboone1 you can PM him through this website - he's the owner of stinkandstain.weebly.com - he's a great guy.
When you ask about the film, tell him about your trouble with his website.

I just PM'd him too.

Thanks.

Finally got through the whole thread! (Haven't seen one of those posts since before page 40!). My film should be here Monday. Hopefully I've absorbed enough to get a few good edges. As yoda said, "Stones are the path to the dark side. Stones lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Or something like that. May the film be with you :a45:

Finally got through the whole thread! (Haven't seen one of those posts since before page 40!). My film should be here Monday. Hopefully I've absorbed enough to get a few good edges. As yoda said, "Stones are the path to the dark side. Stones lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Or something like that. May the film be with you :a45:

That is funny

The Saran Wrap lacks "the force"

I sense darkness in you

The Lapping Star blasting planet JNat into tiny nagura bits

Please enjoy the Mojo whilst technology owns you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom