What's new

Ray-Ban Predator 2 Grey Polarized Lenses Black Nylon Frame Shades

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Quick history on what got me interested in Ray-Ban shades:
Last month, somebody ran a PIF on B&B, for Ray-Ban shades. It was an amazing PIF if you asked me, when you consider how much a pair of these costs. If my memory serves me correctly, while they were also Predator 2's, they were not the grey lens variety, I believe that they were the brown lens, which would honestly have messed with the colors you see if worn. I hope whoever won that pair, are enjoying them however.

How in the world did SWCT justify buying these shades?
Well, sometimes I'd like to think I am a smart cookie, ( at least until I crumble and do something stupid ) and I waited until the labor day weekend arrived. I was able to secure a 42 dollar discount, which brought my total cost down to 182 dollars. If I had not waited, I would have had to pay at least 224 dollars total. With a discount that good, I knew that now was time to buy. So thats my justification, a 42 dollar discount. Well that and, I am really light sensitive. UV causes my eyes to water, and I get headaches shortly after.

1694283346253.png

The box that the shades come in, is surprisingly simple. I just bought a bottle of Club De Nuit Intense EDP cologne, and it came in a fancier box then this. But as some would say, quality speaks for itself, one does not need to spice it up with a fancy box. But at least the box label lets you know whats under the hood so to speak.

1694283801714.png

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that the Predator 2's come with a leather case? Now were talking, look at that attention to detail, minus the dust they left on it. Its got the Ray-Ban logo on there, letting you know you got the authenticated product. But there is a better way to do that, which I will show you in a bit. The case seems to have some nice stitching, no lose threads hanging around like on cheap Chinese garbage. And the button snap, delivers that nice strong satisfying snap sound you'd expect, since the dawn of that invention years ago. You know when this case is closed!

proxy.php

Ohhhhh, I do believe I sense your heart beginning to beat faster, and as it should, because these earn the very definition of sexy, in the dictionary. I love the swooped wrap around performance look to them. They got some excellent style IMO. When I put these on, I become Arnald Swartsanagger, ( In my mind ) I'll be back. Recognize them?

Terminator 2 GIF

Yeah well, he's practically a walking computer, of course he recognizes them. But if you look close, I'd say that Ray-Ban has improved the design a bit since 1991. I will say though, I wish that the Ray-Ban logo was more subdued grey. But I get it, its bright white, because its all about flaunting what you got at society. Well, I am not much of a flinty flaunter, but I guess if one is willing to pay this much for a pair of shades, one might as well show them off.

proxy.php

And we can't stop looking until we've checked the back as well. Can I just say, Ray-Ban delivered these to me in a very dirty state of things. They were completely coated in dust on both sides of the lenses, and there were smears in the corners. I guess they wanted to leave them up to me to clean them with the included cleaning cloth. Too bad they didn't include me a bottle of lens cleaner, cause the smears were not wiping off with a dry swipe. Good thing I had some unofficial lens cleaning concoction on hand. But looks like next month I need to buy me an official Wahl lens cleaner. Should I pick up a lanyard kit as well, or is that considered heresy to use a lanyard with Ray-Ban's, even though they sell them on their site?

I can also appreciate the look from behind. Nice thick frames, would you agree? Very strong feeling, and the hinges are very stout as well, I don't see those breaking anytime soon. Nice swooped look from behind as well. Some people like to call these the Men In Black shades, simply because they are not old enough to have lived during the Terminator films. But yes, I guess you could call them that. But I became less of a fan of Will Smith, when he assaulted Chris Rock on the 94th awards 2022 stage. So I'd rather just think of the Terminator films, and forget the MIB junk movies.

1694284005617.png
1694284138080.png

Here are some top down shots of the Predator 2's that show off the thickness of the frames better. When was the last time you bought a pair of 15 dollar shades off the store revolving wrack, that had frames this thick? Unless you enter a specialty boutique shop, I don't think you will find these for sale on a revolving wrack tower, just saying lol. When I put these on, and look at myself in the mirror, they actually make my ugly mug look so much better. Makes me want to play a Terminator in a Terminator movie infact. Just let me say the line at least one time Mr. director. "I'll Be Back!" HAHA 😁

proxy.php
proxy.php

Remember I talked about authentication. Incase you didn't know, because Ray-Ban shades are so popular, and so expensive, the Chinese are never ending, at their attempts to break US copyright patent laws, and copy Ray-Ban designs making clones, to sell on the cheap, to the US market. Ohhhhh, they manage to fool so many American's, because most don't know what to look for. Its always best to buy your Ray-Ban shades direct from manufacturer, or from a licensed official dealer. Don't buy them off of Amazon or Ebay, as your chance at receiving a fake is very high.

Look for the Ray-Ban logo on the frames, notice how the resolution of the logo is high, you don't see paint dripping marks coming off the edges of the font. Also notice the logo's specific angle on the lenses. The fakes will have a low resolution logo in a different position, and you will notice the font looking like its dripping off the edges. Also, if you look on the other lens, you will notice a very small RB engraved. Believe it or not, that RB was very difficult for me to capture with my camera. This is further authentication of a real product. Also notice the Ray-Ban logo is seen on the outside of the wrap around frames themselves.

proxy.php

On the inside of the ride side frame, you will see the Ray-Ban logo, as well as Made In Italy, including a letter K, CE and UK CA certifications. And since my lens type is Polarized, you will also see Polarized and also, the words De Luxe. On the inside of the left side frame, you will also have an official serial number. No, I won't be showing you mine! But these are the authentication factors you need to look for. Like I said, if you buy direct from manufacturer or licensed dealer, your likelyhood of receiving a fake is practically 0. But if you buy from Amazon or Ebay, your likeyhood of buying a fake is very high.

proxy.php

When I bought these, I was worried that the XL size was going to be too big on me. Not that I was able to choose a different size on the site, but that XL really through me off. IMHO, I could not even wear these if they were smaller then XL size! So for the average male, I really think XL is perfect. The Predator 2's are classified as a high bridge fit, and I concur with that, and they fit good on my nose, YMMV.

Hinge to hinge: 141 mm
Lens Height: 38.2 mm
Bridge Width: 62.19 mm
Temple Length: 130 mm

Unlike cheap shades that are dark just to look dark, but offer next to no UV protection, my Ray-Ban Predator 2's offer 100% UV protection. And since these lenses are polarized, they cut down on the glare by a surprisingly huge amount, and by doing so, they also increase my clarity to see things. I first tested these by looking at a really bright CF light bulb in my house, it completely removed the glare, and I was able to look at the light tubes themselves, without getting blinded. I then went outside, and I was able to be outside in the sun, without my eyes watering, and I was able to look at the sun itself directly as well. I was totally blown away!

Are you a fisherman? Or perhaps somebody who serves on ships at sea, for the Navy perhaps? Your going to want polarized lenses, because these remove the glare that you get on the surface of a body of water, allowing you to see in the water, without getting blinded. Now here is something else I found interesting. When I looked at my LCD monitor and TV, they looked fairly normal, just darker now with the shades on. But when I looked at the cheaper LED screen that is on my Behmore Brazen Plus 3.0 automatic drip coffee brewer, I wasn't able to see the screen at all, it was totally blurred and distorted!

So please note, depending on how a display screen is made, you may not be able to read said screens, with polarized lenses, due to how they are designed to block out the light spectrum on a single axis. But one can just take off the shades if its important enough to read a screen that these lenses are blocking, not really a big deal. If you are driving a car on a really wet day, and there are pools and pools of water everywhere. Or the sun is at the horizon beaming light against those pools of water, causing major reflection of blinding proportions, you might consider getting polarized for driving as well, to cut down on the glare.

I am super happy with these shades so far, they do exactly what they are advertised to do. They look super sexy, and they are built like a tank. So, its like the old saying, you truly get what you pay for. So if you can wait for another Ray-Ban sale, where you get can 40 to 50 dollars off, thats the time to buy them. They are totally worth it, trust me. I've been using those cheap off the revolving tower wrack for all the years of my life, and they always leave much to be desired. But the Ray-Ban Predator 2's, when I put them on and went out side, I said, "Where have you been all my life?"

Ray-Ban Predator 2's, they are now my most trusted wearable accessory.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ray Bans are my choice. I agree that you gotta be careful online, too.

I recently bought some fake Ray Bans from eBay. The box, literature, and case were perfect. One lens had RB etched in it. The lenses feel and "tink" like glass. The hinges look perfect. The glasses even weighed the same. The print inside.the glasses was correct and perfect. There were two tale tell signs that they were fake. The lenses didn't have the correct pantoscopic tilt was the first. The second was originals have an acetate frame. If you shine a light through the acetate it glows red. The fakes had black plastic frames. No light shined through. These glasses would have probably anyone who didn't know about the tilt and frame material.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Ray Bans are my choice. I agree that you gotta be careful online, too.

I recently bought some fake Ray Bans from eBay. The box, literature, and case were perfect. One lens had RB etched in it. The lenses feel and "tink" like glass. The hinges look perfect. The glasses even weighed the same. The print inside.the glasses was correct and perfect. There were two tale tell signs that they were fake. The lenses didn't have the correct pantoscopic tilt was the first. The second was originals have an acetate frame. If you shine a light through the acetate it glows red. The fakes had black plastic frames. No light shined through. These glasses would have probably anyone who didn't know about the tilt and frame material.

Excellent advice, and I thank you for including your experience on what it was like buying fakes, and the differences between the fakes and the real ones. Its horror stories like that, is why I don't buy from mainstream retailers, because they typically have no problems letting fakes be listed on their sites and sold there. But unlike the retailers, I do have a problem with it, and I would prefer to not get screwed.

I was watching a video where a guy talked about what you said. He said that they had the proper box, literature, and case was perfect. But he mentioned on his pair, they didn't have the RB etched in the left lens, and he showed how the right lens Ra-Ban logo was offset from where it should be, and the edges were dripping. The logo on the outside of his frames were low resolution blurry, and letters were running into each other like a bad signature job.

He also went into details that while the box itself was proper, the information label on the end was not. He showed side by side comparisons of the real box, and the fake box, and the information labels did indeed look quite a bit different, like so different, it was easily noticeable even by those who are not aficionado's.

Also, I knew that my frames were not going to be Acetate, because it lists on the website, nylon frame. I supposed thats what keeps the cost down a bit. So for example, instead of paying 500 for a pair of Ray-Bans, you pay 210 for a pair. One thing I do notice, is they make a tons of models of shades, and that doesn't even dabble into the waters of prescription Ray-Ban shades. Those pairs you tack on another 150 to your already 210, and now your up to 360 dollars, even with Nylon frames.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

As far as online sales go, I have bought Ray Bans from Jomashop. I have never questioned their authenticity. Jomashop is usually always a bit cheaper than directly from Ray Ban.

Thanks for listing a reliable and genuine dealer shop, that sells the genuine article. It helps those who are wanting to buy Ray-Bans, but are afraid too, because they've heard about all the fakes out there. Now they know of at least one official shop that they can reliably buy a pair of Ray-Bans without the fear of possibly buying a fake, good deal!

FYI, I bought my Predator 2's from the Ray-Ban manufacture website themselves. I knew that Ray-Ban themselves wouldn't sell me a fake! They offered 2 different shipping options as well. One was free shipping, but they didn't provide me a tracking number. Not a big deal because UPS knows to send me a text message whenever a package is being shipped to me via their service, so I got the number anyways.

The other shipping option was supposedly faster, ( Although the free shipping options was plenty fast enough 3-days ) but they wanted like 59 dollars to ship via a supposedly faster shipping Priority Express USPS, and I was like, I aint paying no 60 bucks to ship something that weighs less then a quarter pound, thats crazy. lol

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I wear glasses to see. All the time. For years I have been wearing Ray Bans. I have more than 20 pairs that I rotate. I will often buy vintage wayfarers and just pop my prescription lenses in. This lets me change up frame colors quickly. And it’s a cost effective way to insert variety into my glasses. Plus there are hundreds of colors and styles of the various wayfarers that all can take the same lenses, given the style and frame size is the same. So much choice. So much style. I currently have prescription lenses for the New Wayfarer in 52 and 55 mm. That gives me a ridiculous amount of options.

Nice job on getting the predators. They are very cool. Enjoy!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I just assumed every guy had a pair of Ray Ban's for when they are feelin' stylish and a pair of Oakley for when they are feelin' tactical? :)

View attachment 1724741
I do - I have worn these Oakley Square Wire 2.0 for years but the wife insisted they were old fashioned and too 1980s. So she bought me these Rayban Clubmaster tortoiseshell which are apparently much more fashionable despite being 1950s inspired. I leave things like that up to her, and as usual she was right - the Raybans look better, especially now I am in my 50s.

20230929_081618~2.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just assumed every guy had a pair of Ray Ban's for when they are feelin' stylish and a pair of Oakley for when they are feelin' tactical? :)

I wear Ray Bans daily to see. And because I am always stylish! 😜😜😜 But I wear Wiley X when I get Tactical. They are proper safety glasses. And they look cool too! They have removable side panels, among other neat features. I wear progressives normally. But that won’t work well for shooting. So I had a special bifocal grind put into my lenses in my shooting glasses. Not that has helped my shot any! 🤪🤪🤪 But at least I can see the little numbers on my optics now! 😎

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I do - I have worn these Oakley Square Wire 2.0 for years but the wife insisted they were old fashioned and too 1980s. So she bought me these Rayban Clubmaster tortoiseshell which are apparently much more fashionable despite being 1950s inspired. I leave things like that up to her, and as usual she was right - the Raybans look better, especially now I am in my 50s.

View attachment 1724781

With all due respect for your lovely wife Richard; while she isn't wrong about the Ray Bans, cuz that Tortoise Shell looks pretty fly. But I do disagree with her on your Wire 2.0's being 'out of date'. :) A brown leather driving jacket and those Oakley's? Got you going down the road, lookin' like Neo jumping right back into the Matrix. The serious business vibe of that look will never be out of date imo. :)

There is a time and place for every dude to look fresh; or to look tactical. Your pic shows, you have both styles covered handsomely. :)

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Oh man, you folks are such enablers, your making me want to buy Oakley Tacticals now. I probably don't want to know how much they cost though. 🤣

Serious Stand By GIF by California Army National Guard

The gazing tactical look, probably seen some action, and certainly has more bravery then me lol.

OkieStubble

I wear Ray Bans daily to see. And because I am always stylish!

Oh snap...
😜😜😜 But I wear Wiley X when I get Tactical. They are proper safety glasses. And they look cool too! They have removable side panels, among other neat features.

I SMELL MONEY! :)

I wear progressives normally. But that won’t work well for shooting. So I had a special bifocal grind put into my lenses in my shooting glasses. Not that has helped my shot any! 🤪🤪🤪 But at least I can see the little numbers on my optics now! 😎

Prescription Ray Bans? Wiley X? Very nice guitar for avatar? QUOTE: "So I 'had' special bifocal grind 'put' into my shooting glasses?

Can I be (rich) your friend Brad? ;)

Last edited:
Quick history on what got me interested in Ray-Ban shades:
Last month, somebody ran a PIF on B&B, for Ray-Ban shades. It was an amazing PIF if you asked me, when you consider how much a pair of these costs. If my memory serves me correctly, while they were also Predator 2's, they were not the grey lens variety, I believe that they were the brown lens, which would honestly have messed with the colors you see if worn. I hope whoever won that pair, are enjoying them however.

How in the world did SWCT justify buying these shades?
Well, sometimes I'd like to think I am a smart cookie, ( at least until I crumble and do something stupid ) and I waited until the labor day weekend arrived. I was able to secure a 42 dollar discount, which brought my total cost down to 182 dollars. If I had not waited, I would have had to pay at least 224 dollars total. With a discount that good, I knew that now was time to buy. So thats my justification, a 42 dollar discount. Well that and, I am really light sensitive. UV causes my eyes to water, and I get headaches shortly after.

View attachment 1715258

The box that the shades come in, is surprisingly simple. I just bought a bottle of Club De Nuit Intense EDP cologne, and it came in a fancier box then this. But as some would say, quality speaks for itself, one does not need to spice it up with a fancy box. But at least the box label lets you know whats under the hood so to speak.

View attachment 1715262

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that the Predator 2's come with a leather case? Now were talking, look at that attention to detail, minus the dust they left on it. Its got the Ray-Ban logo on there, letting you know you got the authenticated product. But there is a better way to do that, which I will show you in a bit. The case seems to have some nice stitching, no lose threads hanging around like on cheap Chinese garbage. And the button snap, delivers that nice strong satisfying snap sound you'd expect, since the dawn of that invention years ago. You know when this case is closed!

proxy.php

Ohhhhh, I do believe I sense your heart beginning to beat faster, and as it should, because these earn the very definition of sexy, in the dictionary. I love the swooped wrap around performance look to them. They got some excellent style IMO. When I put these on, I become Arnald Swartsanagger, ( In my mind ) I'll be back. Recognize them?

Terminator 2 GIF

Yeah well, he's practically a walking computer, of course he recognizes them. But if you look close, I'd say that Ray-Ban has improved the design a bit since 1991. I will say though, I wish that the Ray-Ban logo was more subdued grey. But I get it, its bright white, because its all about flaunting what you got at society. Well, I am not much of a flinty flaunter, but I guess if one is willing to pay this much for a pair of shades, one might as well show them off.

proxy.php

And we can't stop looking until we've checked the back as well. Can I just say, Ray-Ban delivered these to me in a very dirty state of things. They were completely coated in dust on both sides of the lenses, and there were smears in the corners. I guess they wanted to leave them up to me to clean them with the included cleaning cloth. Too bad they didn't include me a bottle of lens cleaner, cause the smears were not wiping off with a dry swipe. Good thing I had some unofficial lens cleaning concoction on hand. But looks like next month I need to buy me an official Wahl lens cleaner. Should I pick up a lanyard kit as well, or is that considered heresy to use a lanyard with Ray-Ban's, even though they sell them on their site?

I can also appreciate the look from behind. Nice thick frames, would you agree? Very strong feeling, and the hinges are very stout as well, I don't see those breaking anytime soon. Nice swooped look from behind as well. Some people like to call these the Men In Black shades, simply because they are not old enough to have lived during the Terminator films. But yes, I guess you could call them that. But I became less of a fan of Will Smith, when he assaulted Chris Rock on the 94th awards 2022 stage. So I'd rather just think of the Terminator films, and forget the MIB junk movies.

View attachment 1715263View attachment 1715275

Here are some top down shots of the Predator 2's that show off the thickness of the frames better. When was the last time you bought a pair of 15 dollar shades off the store revolving wrack, that had frames this thick? Unless you enter a specialty boutique shop, I don't think you will find these for sale on a revolving wrack tower, just saying lol. When I put these on, and look at myself in the mirror, they actually make my ugly mug look so much better. Makes me want to play a Terminator in a Terminator movie infact. Just let me say the line at least one time Mr. director. "I'll Be Back!" HAHA 😁

proxy.php
proxy.php

Remember I talked about authentication. Incase you didn't know, because Ray-Ban shades are so popular, and so expensive, the Chinese are never ending, at their attempts to break US copyright patent laws, and copy Ray-Ban designs making clones, to sell on the cheap, to the US market. Ohhhhh, they manage to fool so many American's, because most don't know what to look for. Its always best to buy your Ray-Ban shades direct from manufacturer, or from a licensed official dealer. Don't buy them off of Amazon or Ebay, as your chance at receiving a fake is very high.

Look for the Ray-Ban logo on the frames, notice how the resolution of the logo is high, you don't see paint dripping marks coming off the edges of the font. Also notice the logo's specific angle on the lenses. The fakes will have a low resolution logo in a different position, and you will notice the font looking like its dripping off the edges. Also, if you look on the other lens, you will notice a very small RB engraved. Believe it or not, that RB was very difficult for me to capture with my camera. This is further authentication of a real product. Also notice the Ray-Ban logo is seen on the outside of the wrap around frames themselves.

proxy.php

On the inside of the ride side frame, you will see the Ray-Ban logo, as well as Made In Italy, including a letter K, CE and UK CA certifications. And since my lens type is Polarized, you will also see Polarized and also, the words De Luxe. On the inside of the left side frame, you will also have an official serial number. No, I won't be showing you mine! But these are the authentication factors you need to look for. Like I said, if you buy direct from manufacturer or licensed dealer, your likelyhood of receiving a fake is practically 0. But if you buy from Amazon or Ebay, your likeyhood of buying a fake is very high.

proxy.php

When I bought these, I was worried that the XL size was going to be too big on me. Not that I was able to choose a different size on the site, but that XL really through me off. IMHO, I could not even wear these if they were smaller then XL size! So for the average male, I really think XL is perfect. The Predator 2's are classified as a high bridge fit, and I concur with that, and they fit good on my nose, YMMV.

Hinge to hinge: 141 mm
Lens Height: 38.2 mm
Bridge Width: 62.19 mm
Temple Length: 130 mm

Unlike cheap shades that are dark just to look dark, but offer next to no UV protection, my Ray-Ban Predator 2's offer 100% UV protection. And since these lenses are polarized, they cut down on the glare by a surprisingly huge amount, and by doing so, they also increase my clarity to see things. I first tested these by looking at a really bright CF light bulb in my house, it completely removed the glare, and I was able to look at the light tubes themselves, without getting blinded. I then went outside, and I was able to be outside in the sun, without my eyes watering, and I was able to look at the sun itself directly as well. I was totally blown away!

Are you a fisherman? Or perhaps somebody who serves on ships at sea, for the Navy perhaps? Your going to want polarized lenses, because these remove the glare that you get on the surface of a body of water, allowing you to see in the water, without getting blinded. Now here is something else I found interesting. When I looked at my LCD monitor and TV, they looked fairly normal, just darker now with the shades on. But when I looked at the cheaper LED screen that is on my Behmore Brazen Plus 3.0 automatic drip coffee brewer, I wasn't able to see the screen at all, it was totally blurred and distorted!

So please note, depending on how a display screen is made, you may not be able to read said screens, with polarized lenses, due to how they are designed to block out the light spectrum on a single axis. But one can just take off the shades if its important enough to read a screen that these lenses are blocking, not really a big deal. If you are driving a car on a really wet day, and there are pools and pools of water everywhere. Or the sun is at the horizon beaming light against those pools of water, causing major reflection of blinding proportions, you might consider getting polarized for driving as well, to cut down on the glare.

I am super happy with these shades so far, they do exactly what they are advertised to do. They look super sexy, and they are built like a tank. So, its like the old saying, you truly get what you pay for. So if you can wait for another Ray-Ban sale, where you get can 40 to 50 dollars off, thats the time to buy them. They are totally worth it, trust me. I've been using those cheap off the revolving tower wrack for all the years of my life, and they always leave much to be desired. But the Ray-Ban Predator 2's, when I put them on and went out side, I said, "Where have you been all my life?"

Ray-Ban Predator 2's, they are now my most trusted wearable accessory.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Oh yeah man ! I want this now :001_tt1:

arnold schwarzenegger art GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Prescription Ray Bans? Wiley X? Very nice guitar for avatar? QUOTE: "So I 'had' special bifocal grind 'put' into my shooting glasses?

Can I be (rich) your friend Brad? ;)
It’s not like that. I just like to see. Which is equally, if not more important when shooting. I just got tired of compromised vision at the range.

OkieStubble

It’s not like that. I just like to see. Which is equally, if not more important when shooting. I just got tired of compromised vision at the range.

You are singing to the choir about compromised vision at the shooting range. So what all does the special bifocal grind allow you to do? I can wear regular bifocal's to the range, angle my head back a bit; and the bifocals allow me to see the sights well, but totally distorts everything else down range. while a front sight focus makes the target downrange blurry anyway; under normal circumstances, the added bifocals makes the target appear doubled and distorts the rest of the field of view. lowering my head and using the upper prescription part, clarifies the downrange target beautifully, but now the sight are distorted and doubled.

Contacts are of no help either.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I had a pair Ray-ban aviator photo chromic amber sun glasses and they where some of the best sun glasses I ever owned. They where a little heavier because they where made from glass and not plastic. I will have to look around for them. They where real good driving in low light at night and fog, I swear you could see at least 10% better in fog or snow storms.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You are singing to the choir about compromised vision at the shooting range. So what all does the special bifocal grind allow you to do? I can wear regular bifocal's to the range, angle my head back a bit; and the bifocals allow me to see the sights well, but totally distorts everything else down range. while a front sight focus makes the target downrange blurry anyway; under normal circumstances, the added bifocals makes the target appear doubled and distorts the rest of the field of view. lowering my head and using the upper prescription part, clarifies the downrange target beautifully, but now the sight are distorted and doubled.

Contacts are of no help either.
Ah, I see your issue. Fortunately I don’t have that.

In my case, the bifocal section is sized and positioned very low to not interfere with my vision when aiming. It’s only for reading small text when dialing in an optic, or looking at the markings on the rounds, for example. I have to look way down through the very bottom of the glasses to read. But my last set of lenses were just single focal length and made reading small text impossible. So this is much better. And of course they are made of z87 safety glass. These lenses would not work for normal everyday glasses.

Regarding your issue, my glasses guy is an avid shooter, so he is in the know on these things. He has an available option for a third optic panel positioned on the high side of the lens near the top, for clarifying the view of sights etc. The way he explained it to me was that you drop your head down just a bit to use the sights clearly. I guess they would be trifocals. I didn’t feel the need to go to that level. Maybe it’s something you can evaluate.

I shot metallic silhouettes with an 80 year old. He had glasses made for shooting offhand. He had tri-focals made with a prescription in a part of the lens that let him see the sights when he shouldered a long gun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom