What's new

Double Edge DEcember 2023

Yaqi Duomo / BIC Platinum

View attachment 1772099

This razor was inspired by the razor of an Italian manufacturer, Rasoio Di Milano, abbreviated RaDiMi. The handle must have another origin, the photos of the RaDiMi that I found showed it with a different handle and made from brass.

Yaqi claims they were inspired by the Duomo di Milano, hmm yeah, at least a nod to the city of Milan. This razor just made it before NYE, the order was placed December 20th, so it just managed the promised 10-day delivery.

This razor wowed me; I had two weepers and my aftershave burnt on my neck and elsewhere. It is steep shaving, though you can "roll" over the comb, it is nicely made for that, to shave a bit shallower and lessen the blade feel. It has quite some exposure, which I didn't expect.

It was also deceptive, very smooth, but it soon taught me a lesson. That's how I like my razors! On the Razorock/Italian Barber scale it would be way above Lupo .95 OC and Game Changer .84 JAWS. I think it would be above the scale, thinking about it. But it isn't R41 or monster territory, while aggressive it has a well behaved and smooth shaving manner!

Efficiency was great, but I had some spots on my left neck left. I think I went too shallow and didn't keep the optimum angle there and just skidded over, this left some stubble I had to correct. It is a supreme razor to clean up stubble under the nostrils!

Shoutout to @ClumsyBull @Halfbeard @Shaun asleep and @Guido75. Think of GRUME, it isn't 2024 yet!

I also think @GlazedBoker would like it. The handle screwed in surprisingly buttery, not always guaranteed for every Yaqi handle.I need someone credible to confirm that. 😎✌️

I shaved in the afternoon, it got delivered minutes after I returned from my post lunch run. The handle is grippy and nicely thick but I wish it would be 2 cm longer.
It is the copy of RADIMI
the razor in question was this

image_2023-11-13_16-33.png

This Yaqi Duomo,from the front it looks like a cross between Radimi and Fatip 😅
Nice though, great purchase!
How much does it weigh in total?

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
DEcember

Tonight’s stupendous shave
Fatip Grande
LOI Titanium (4)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: a minute waterboarding with a cold, damp shave binky
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, bowl-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post shave: warm shower
Post shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Ever remember you used to use this technique coupled with this technique to improve the comfort of your shaves? Why didn’t you remind me after you remembered?

No worries. Comfort shot through the roof. Closeness followed. Didn’t have perfect results as a few, teeny weepers appeared. Still, comfort and enjoyment and a feeling even pre-shave beyond loading my brush is now superfluous leapt into my shave.

Big thanks to @Guido75 for hosting this event. 🍻

Iridian

Cool and slimy
How much does it weigh in total?
Haven't weighed it, but let me show you the photo of the Radimi that I found:

1704010621857.png

Interestingly, for this version there is a two-piece design underneath!

@efsk I believe this photo originated from you somewhere else, I hope you don't mind posting me this one in this thread. Maybe you could/want to add some Radimi knowledge yourself, as all I know is basically mostly from you and some others.

@Mr Konrad Dundee 95g. With a blade! ;)

Last edited:
Final shave of 2023 - had to dig out the NI Tuckaway.
Paired her with a Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade, which is new to me and felt rather mild.
Soap was dr Harris Windsor, splash and cologne Proraso wood & spice.

Thank you Guido for bring ing us together, thanks to the other participants for sharing and careing.

All fireworks in our area are cancelled because of bad weather a'mnd heavy wind, I'll have to tune in to the forum at midnight for a colourful transition. 😅
Happy new year and my very best wishes for 2024!

full

Date31.12.2023
365 daily shaves
365/365
DecemBOAR28/31
DEcember31/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash11/32

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCLRK Stainless (3)FNX Barber
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10
(~20m)
10/10
(Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8/10
(DFS+)
11/10
(GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. I could have been more effective during this shave, but shaving with my Ti95 is always extremely pleasurable. Smooth, comfortable, effective - a great way to kick off Sunday and the last day of 2023!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave and Happy New Year to all!

Top Bottom