What's new

💥 🎇 🎆 SOTD "New Holiday Gear/Happy New Year Theme Week" - January 1st, 2024 to January 7th, 2024 💥 🎇 🎆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy almost New Year to all of my B&B friends. Thank you all for an amazing 2023 at B&B!!!

This is a fun SOTD Theme Week.

Let’s see any Christmas/Holiday gifts or recent purchases this week or anything to do with New Years!

Let’s see the shaving gear you were gifted over the holidays or stuff that you bought yourself that recently arrived. Many of us in Canada, Europe and other regions/Countries wait for annual December 26th Boxing Day sales, so let’s see any recent deals you pulled the trigger on.

Get a new razor for Christmas? New soap for Hanukka? New Brush for Kwanza? New soap or AS you bought yourself? Let’s see it. We want to see you incorporate your new stuff into a photo.

This isn’t only about the holidays… if you have something new you bought yourself, we want to see it! Maybe you overdid it New Years Eve and are a wee bit hungover enjoying Chinese takeout of a Bloody Mary/Caesar or three? Show us the food or drink, not your bloodshot eyes! 🤪

Per usual, if you don’t have anything festive or recently purchased… post your shave or tell us about it anyways! As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Have a Happy and safe 2024, All!!!

1704057350462.jpeg

New Year SOTD
Beqi6De (2).jpg

Razor: OneBlade GENESIS
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D1)
Brush: M&F 26mm 2-band Blonde Badger
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Saponificio Varesino
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino SE Cosmo
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino SE Cosmo

Mon 1st Happy New Year best wishes to all!!
Soap & Aftershave
Stirling Black Cherry + Clubman Musk
Brush Boti 24mm Sunrise
Razor Red Imp 132
Super creamy and very slick lather...Stirling Soaps are truly magnificent!
A very enjoyable 1st-day shave of 2024 with this buttery smooth edge razor...
20240101_131617.jpg

IMG_2617.JPG

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1st use)
Brush: Omega 10810
Preshave, cream and aftershave: Proraso Green

First shave of 2024, and I wanted something refreshing, so I went all Proraso Green (first time doing so despite having the individual components for a while). Getting the hang of the Piccolo, and BIC Chrome Platinum worked great in it, I could barely feel the blade and it worked great against the grain. DFS with no irritation, very happy.

IMG_3642.JPG

Razor: Fatip Picollo in nickle
Blade: BIC chrome platinum (4th use)
Brush: Omega 10098
Preshave: Proraso white
Cream: Palmolive Classic
A/S: Intesa refreshing

A very Italian tricolour shave for the first use of my Fatip picollo. If all my shaves with the Fatip will be like this I would be very happy. It worked it's way through 5 days of post-Christmas scruff very well. Not irritation and only a little spotting on my upper lip (definitely technique, not the razor. I'm still getting used to my upper lip after having a moustache for the last 5 years).
First use of the white preshave, and it works very well with the palmolive cream, much like the green I've been using. I find the Proraro preshaves work better with the Palmolive cream than the Proraso shaving creams.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
B&B LE 2012
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
I started the New Year off with a different razor: a Mergress XL. This was the first modern razor I bought after joining B&B. I loaded it with a Wizamet blade. At one time I was a big fan of adjustable razors and this one was a favorite. Today’s brush is another one made by Rudy Vey: the LE 2012. The keyhole shape appeals to me and the brush is an excellent one. Williams was used for the 26th time. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks. And Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom