thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
DEcember / Fatip Friday

Tonight’s plodding shave
Fatip Grande
LOI Titanium (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: Soap and water face wash and then a few minutes waterboarding with damp shave binky
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, bowl-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post shave: Tace wash with shave binky
Post shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

If there are two things I have going for me, they’re self-delusion and indecision. My warm water face wash and warn-to-cold waterboarding and my lather felt silkily luxurious.

The stage was set for a delightful shave.

Gripping the base of the razor with the fingertips of my thumb, index finger, and sometimes middle finger, it glided across my neck and face and I took the shave at a leisurely pace and slowly worried away m whiskers. Had one of those paradoxical finishes where the aftershave just chilled, but weepers showed wherever I got the angle a bit wrong. Maybe I’ll keep the sting-free shave and lose a few more weepers next time.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9305.jpeg

DEcember shave number thirty.​

DEcember shave number thirty this morning. Sixth shave for the week on both my Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech and a Super Max Blue Diamond blade. I had another really great shave this morning, nothing to report apart from a little more zing when I applied my Alum Block. The shave was really good, I am liking this razor blade combination.

Tried the Lord L122c with the metal plate this time. Looks like a Tech, shaves like a Tech. Probably because it is a Tech. Meaning the shave was effortlessly and comfortably.

I have only used the metal plate once and noticed the plating or paint is already starting to chip.
I bought it because of the plastic baseplate, so no real concern here.

Happy shaves!

I also feel the need to express that Lea is such a fantastic and very affordable soap. I dont understand why we dont see it used more on these SOTD Pics.

I picked up these sticks for 1.25 euro's a piece on Amazon about a month ago.

full

Date30.12.2023
365 daily shaves
364/365
DecemBOAR27/31
DEcember30/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash11/32

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaRK Stainless (2)Omega Pro 10098
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10
(~20m)
9.5/10
(Almost clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10
(BBS-)
11/10
(GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Second last shave of 2023 and I chose one of the finest razors in my collection. And it delivered on that reputation. Excellent start of New Years weekend. The Schick G1 joined the fun for an excellent near BBS head shave too.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Duomo / BIC Platinum

YaqiDuomo.jpg

This razor was inspired by the razor of an Italian manufacturer, Rasoio Di Milano, abbreviated RaDiMi. The handle must have another origin, the photos of the RaDiMi that I found showed it with a different handle and made from brass.

Yaqi claims they were inspired by the Duomo di Milano, hmm yeah, at least a nod to the city of Milan. This razor just made it before NYE, the order was placed December 20th, so it just managed the promised 10-day delivery.

This razor wowed me; I had two weepers and my aftershave burnt on my neck and elsewhere. It is steep shaving, though you can "roll" over the comb, it is nicely made for that, to shave a bit shallower and lessen the blade feel. It has quite some exposure, which I didn't expect.

It was also deceptive, very smooth, but it soon taught me a lesson. That's how I like my razors! On the Razorock/Italian Barber scale it would be way above Lupo .95 OC and Game Changer .84 JAWS. I think it would be above the scale, thinking about it. But it isn't R41 or monster territory, while aggressive it has a well behaved and smooth shaving manner!

Efficiency was great, but I had some spots on my left neck left. I think I went too shallow and didn't keep the optimum angle there and just skidded over, this left some stubble I had to correct. It is a supreme razor to clean up stubble under the nostrils!

Shoutout to @ClumsyBull @Halfbeard @Shaun asleep and @Guido75. Think of GRUME, it isn't 2024 yet!

I also think @GlazedBoker would like it. The handle screwed in surprisingly buttery, not always guaranteed for every Yaqi handle.I need someone credible to confirm that. 😎✌️

I shaved in the afternoon, it got delivered minutes after I returned from my post lunch run. The handle is grippy and nicely thick but I wish it would be 2 cm longer.

@Iridian, I just bought another watch 🙈

I'm also not sure if it would be my thing. Sounds pretty aggressive, I think I consider myself more of a medium aggression kind of shaver.
Though the Razorine Flatboy and Ambassador never felt dangerous to me. Would the duomo be comparable to a Flatboy?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Though the Razorine Flatboy and Ambassador never felt dangerous to me. Would the duomo be comparable to a Flatboy?
I just tried the Flatboy and the Envoy and the Duomo. But on a blank cheek, I just shaved. The Duomo is a bit more aggressive, a bit more blade but way less noisy than the Flatboy, it is much better clamped. Be warned, this razor doesn't feel that dangerous, but it has quite some blade sticking out that is not necessarily felt that much right away. I think you would like it.

But it doesn't matter. GRUYE is GRUYE! Come back in a year!

20231229_084155.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1960 F4 Fatboy Adjustable
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Teton Shaves Zen Series, Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Logbook
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

This was my last DE shave of 2023, since tomorrow is Single Edge Sunday.

Happy New Year to all and my thanks to @Guido75 !

SOTD December 30th 2023
December 2023 GRUME
DecemBOAR 2023 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗
Double Edge DEcember 2023
SV Saturday

Hello friends

Rainy Saturday around here. Perfect for the last shave of the year. SV Manna di Sicilia, Omega Jade, Greencult 2.0 plate IV, Gillette Silver Blue (4) and Floïd The Genuine.

With us to say goodbye to 2023, Tony Bennett and Bill Evans.

Rating: 10

I wish you all a wonderful 2024 and great shaves!
❤️🪒

14046ABA-56DC-4A38-B974-CFC81E769AD3.jpeg
IMG_4172.jpeg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti CC
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: De Vergulde Hand Original
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
040_01_23 conv.JPG

The shave with my Blackland Ti CC and a Perma-Sharp was so good I might throw another shave tomorrow to end 2023.

Cheers!
Rave

Top Bottom