What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm not good with Scotch.... I was given the opportunity to taste a 20 year old single malt Scotch... It tasted like the oak barrels in which it was stored. I used to install kitchens and oak was the most common wood used for the cabinets.... I breathed in way too much oak dust from cutting the moldings on my chop box and cutting fillers on my table saw.... Scotch just doesn't have any appeal to me, unfortunately.... and I have Scot DNA too. <eg>

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Me too! I drink my tequila the same way ... slow sips and roll it around until the tongue gets a nice tingle.
Now you are talking my language.... though I prefer a good margarita to sipping tequila neat. I only use top shelf ingredients like Don Julio Reposado, Cointreau and either Gran Marnier or Gran Gala... I can't tell the difference between those two.. and Gran Gala is considerably less expensive.

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC
ASCO 2
Shavemac 2 band 24/48
1000005243.jpg

Ratings 2/5 Uncomfortable CS

It was a close shave but thats about it. It was uncomfortable during the shave but not after. I was not really enjoying the blade so I skipped a touch up pass which would have moved it up a ranking.

I would rate the ASCO 🐯🐯🐯🐯/5 . Its not quite as bad as a Tiger Platinum for me but its close!! Tigers are orange 🤣

I used my razor that gets along with any blade also.

Have a good evening!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC
GSB 2 🌟
Shavemac D01 22/50
1000005255.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

It was nice to get back to a comfortable and predictable shave!

It's Friday night and my birthday Scotch is calling to me. I apologize in advance if I make some weird posts later on tonight 🤣

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC
GSB 3 🌟
Semogue LE
1000005262.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

I am having one more shave with the GSB and moving to Shark Chrome next week. Looking back through my notes, I did not totally enjoy this blade during Shark week but lets see if things have changed 🤣.

My Whiskey evening last night was rather uneventful. No weird posts 🤣. I am stuffed up today after only 2 drinks!! I was blaming the hops in beer but maybe its a general intolerance. I have some Ciroq Vodka I may just try next weekend to see if there is any fallout. Man why is booze like shaving? Just when you have it figured out something changes 🤣. Perhaps its the aging process or MANopause 🤪.

I am taking it easy tonight after a late March shoveling extravaganza and a semi stuffed up nose from Whiskey. I think I can talk the Mrs into a leftovers, and movie night. I am an excellent re-cooker!! 🤣

Cheers

My Whiskey evening last night was rather uneventful. No weird posts 🤣. I am stuffed up today after only 2 drinks!! I was blaming the hops in beer but maybe its a general intolerance. I have some Ciroq Vodka I may just try next weekend to see if there is any fallout. Man why is booze like shaving? Just when you have it figured out something changes 🤣. Perhaps its the aging process or MANopause 🤪.

I am taking it easy tonight after a late March shoveling extravaganza and a semi stuffed up nose from Whiskey.

Sheesh, you had better cut back on the shoveling! Everything in moderation, my friend.

;)

Does this happen with any whisky or just specific liquors? Or is it after physical exertion like shovelling? Maybe fresh air?
Don't let it deter you though...a wee dram is always a welcome event. Even though I no longer imbibe I still remember them with great fondness.
It was mostly beer, craft IPA's, but seemed to get better with Michelob Ultra but that has been bugging me lately too. That's why I switched to Whisky, but then I was stuffed up again!
Sheesh, you had better cut back on the shoveling! Everything in moderation, my friend.

;)
If only mother nature would get her act together 🤣

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I switched when I went through my low carb dieting part of my life. It's zero carbs, never mind Alcohol itself has calories, its low carb darn it, pour a few fingers worth and have at it.
I'm doing a low carb style eating for the rest of my life.... My joints really get inflamed when I eat carbs from pretty much anything except fresh vegetables. I'm not a total fanatic... I still use raw sugar in my coffee, but try to limit myself to that.

For me, it's a simple choice... I don't think I have another major weight loss effort in me... After our trip to Bali and eating too many great desserts, I'm back eating the way I have for the past couple years.... I think I'll finally get down to my self imposed target weight in a couple months. My weight is back to where it was when we left.. but I had plateaued out since hmmmm probably Thanksgiving or so last year... up a couple pounds.... back down..

It's a self esteem thing for me. I feel much better about myself if I'm not worrying about passing Japanese trawlers when we're walking on a beach somewhere.

Top Bottom