What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

SOTD:
L'Oreal Something or other
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC with Nebular handle
Racer 1
Semogue TSN LE Mistura
1000005189.jpg

Ratings 4/5 Comfortable DFS almost BBS 😄

Its been a busy week, with work, family, and swinehunds ( the affectionate term I call my dogs ) 😅. Its a bit of a grey day so I think it might be a movie afternoon if I get my chores done!!

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of 2 pieces of gear. I paid my invoice this week for WR3 .35 OC and I have a handle coming.
Alpha Handle.jpg

I blame @lasta for my interest in different handles and @Phoenixkh for the original post about Alpha Shaveworks handles! 🤣

The shave today went well. I used my TSN Mistura to help ward off another brush purchase. The Semogue Pegasus line looks great with the larger knots and faux tortoise handles. I have to see how this Mistura breaks in but after 3-4 shaves the tips are already softening.

Cheers to a good weekend!!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC with Nebular handle
Racer 2
Chubby 1 Super
1000005201.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I had another comfortable shave today, as @rockviper would put it, it was 'meh'. Everything worked as it should and there was no drama.

I met the kids today for a meal of Dim Sum and now I am fighting a carb coma! So I may catch a quick nap on the couch and will probably be eating toast for dinner 🤣.

1000005203.jpg

The restaurant was celebrating St Patrick's Day too!! They assured me that this was a Chinese clover 😁.

Happy St Pat's 🍻

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC
AS_CO 1 - the underscore is holding a space open pending tomorrow's shave :mad:
Shavemac D01 22/46
1000005224.jpg

Rating 3/5 Uncomfortable DFS

Well, that was not a fun shave despite using some of my favourite gear. This is the first time I have ever had a blade that was noticeably duller on one side. I did get a weeper also testing the dullness :mad:. I had almost made it a month from my last mishap of an improperly seated GEM blade. I finished the shave with the sharp side of the blade. I will be trying a fresh blade tomorrow, but right now I am about to rank this blade as bad as a Tiger 🤣. Maybe I will go with a GSB tomorrow to cleanse my palate!

Cheers!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I hate shaving mishaps... I sort of expected them early on as I was learning... I cut my upper lip twice, once on each side, during our Bali stay... I was surprised, truth be told....

So, heal up quickly, Andrew... as I'm guessing you will.

I don't seem to be up to the DE blade experimentation thing. As I keep mentioning.... I copy you guys. I did venture out and buy some Treet Dura Sharp blades that were delivered while we were away. I'm hoping they are close to the Perma-Sharps.. I'm a one and done guy, so they just have to be great for one shave. <eg>

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC
Shavemac D01 22/46
View attachment 1814632

Well, that was not a fun shave despite using some of my favourite gear. This is the first time I have ever had a blade that was noticeably duller on one side. I did get a weeper also testing the dullness :mad:. I had almost made it a month from my last mishap of an improperly seated GEM blade. I finished the shave with the sharp side of the blade. I will be trying a fresh blade tomorrow, but right now I am about to rank this blade as bad as a Tiger 🤣. Maybe I will go with a GSB tomorrow to cleanse my palate!

Cheers!
Hope tomorrow's is better.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC
Shavemac D01 22/46
View attachment 1814632

Cheers!
Heal up quickly, Andrew.

Heal up quickly, Andrew.
Thanks Eric!! I am pretty much healed up this morning!
Just go to show the YMMV of Wet Shaving. I have no issues getting a full week of trouble free shaves from the ASCO.
I am trying a fresh blade today!!
Getting there. Tomorrow will be shave 3. 1 and 2 were ok so far. Not special, but definitely not below average either - which is perfectly ok in my book.
The sharp side of the blade was not bad, but I am preferring the Racer at this point!

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
M1 Superspeed
ASCO 1 - today went much better 😃
Shavemac Unique 24/48
1000005234.jpg

Ratings 4/5 Comfortable DFS

Today's shave is riding up to the limit of Comfortable. The alum and aftershave feedback was just at the threshold of being uncomfortable but not quite. It could be the new blade and unfamiliar razor. I used my birth quarter Superspeed today because I am celebrating my birthday today 🍻. As excited as I am to receive some well deserved presents, like my Kalamazoo face cleanser, I am also pondering my own mortality :eek2:. Ok its not that bad 🤣.

The Superspeed performed well, but I like my 57 Superspeed a bit better. I think maybe because its shiny!

I think we are ordering Indian Food tonight from my favourite Indian food restaurant, Food Village ( for @rockviper ) lol. There will be cake and maybe even a school night Whiskey!!

Cheers 🍻

Top Bottom