What's new

The tales of a one eyed man.

Sad story about the 84 man. Do you think it can be repaired?

The knot un-screws from the handle with a threaded rod coming up from the base through the body.
The great thing is that you can try multiple knots. I still think the Timeless brush is a great thing to have so it stays on my wish lists…but I will admit having (re)organised my brushes 4 times I might have more than enough brushes!

Super job on the mirror by the way. Very nicely done.

Thursday the 18th of April

I have been lax on the journal this week. Life has gotten in the way of recreation and relaxing. After my last shave I decided to not shave yesterday just to give my face a little time to heal.

Today’s shave was great. Used a new soap Nobel Otter Neon Sun, new lather bowl from CaYuen also got the matching brush but want to clean it and do a few bowl lathers with out using the lather for a shave just to make sure it’s clean. I waited about 3 weeks from order to delivery and the bowl and brush are gorgeous. Will post a pic at the end. I used my other new brush with the new bowl, WOW did it whip up a lather fast. I used my 63 Aristocrat on 7 with a Personna CC and just had a great shave. Today I think I understand the slickness that I hear and read about. Is it the soap? The tallow?(I have been using mostly vegan soaps as of late) Lathering Technique? Dumb luck? Whatever it was I enjoyed it. No irritation from the alum or the AS.

Lots arrived in the mail today, Besides the bowl, brush and soap. I got 200 persona cc blades and Zingari man brush cleaner.

Non shaving news.
We received an email from the principal of my youngest’s school telling us that their were stories of dangerous bugs being on the school grounds and that the stories are not true but to make everyone feel safe they had an exterminator come and treat the school and grounds. All I could do was laugh. The other day it was date violence and human trafficking, today it was bugs!

Thanks for reading. Pics of new brush and bowl, and picture of Sookie from when I first brought her home and after her fur started to come back. Notice the tongue, she still does this today.

IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0535.jpeg

The other day it was date violence and human trafficking, today it was bugs!
Yep, the variance between notifications from the school are quite substantial. But I guess thanx for the heads up...right?
You can soak the brush for 15-20 minutes in a mixture of vinegar and water if you're concerned about the brush's sanitation status. I use a 10-20% vinegar to water ratio, approx because I don't really measure anything same as my cooking...yeah that looks about right. Rinse and then a shampoo with something gentle...Dawn dishwashing soap, beard shampoo etc. That will deal with pretty much anything.
Cheers!

Friday the 19th of April

@huck1680 Yes I guess I would rather get the heads up and be able to laugh about it than not know what’s going on. Thank you for the brush cleaning, not worried about sanitation as they are all never been used brushes, just want to give them a good cleaning to get the dust and dirt out as well as the badger funk. But I will do exactly what you said when I buy my first used brush.

@Guido75 I wish I owned 120 Krispy Kreme franchises!

@APBinNCA I got the email from Blackland today about the Osprey being 20% off and I thought of you!

Now here’s my dilemma. 20% off the Osprey brings it down to $280.00 and that’s a good deal for sure. But I have been watching a Gibbs and I got a seller offer for 125.00. Now I do know that there will be some modifications needed to blades to get them to work in the Gibbs and it’s not in bad condition but the black handle shows some wear. On the other hand the Osprey is a well designed, well crafted, piece of functional art. Also there are not 1 but 2 Wolfmans in BST right now that I keep going back to look at. Those don’t come up very often. I did put my name on the Wolfman waiting list but have not heard back yet. I’ve got myself a bad case of RAD and don’t know what one to get, if any at all. I don’t need any more razors, and after the spree I went on this week I don’t need anything! I have 9 new soaps, 4 splashes, another 1924 Every-Ready but this one has a Gem Micromatic 2 tone handle, 100 Perma-Sharps, 250 AccuForge blades, 20 Gem blades, and a Rudy Vay group buy coming. And after all that I still wanna buy a razor. I think there is something fundamentally wrong in my brain.

Anyway that’s my ramblings for the day.

Here’s a picture of Gibby, our Pleco in his 50 gallon tank

IMG_0440.jpeg

Saturday the 20th of April

@Darth Scandalous @huck1680 I tried playing golf when I was younger. I sort of have a problem, right handed, blind in left eye, as soon as I would bring the club back I could not see the ball any more!

Let’s start with the shave:

Razor: 1947-51 Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna CC
Soap: Sterling Gin & Tonic
Brush: Maggards 26MM SHD Badger

I face lathered today. I’ve watched a bunch of videos and they never really explained what they were doing and why. But this morning I watched one from Another Cut Above and in the famous words of Kelly Bundy.. Urethra!! That makes all the sense in the world. I had more lather than I knew what to do with. It’s was slick, it was cushiony, and my face felt amazing! Of course I have this beautiful new bowl and I’m not sure if I’ll ever use it again!

Was a busy shaving related day. I could not stand the clutter of my vanity between all of my colognes and razors. I moved things around in the middle of the week but it made it a PITA to get a cologne. I have 22 that I rotate through and it was just a bottle clanking mess. So I decided I was going to do something about it. I decided that I really don’t need all of these razors out on display. But I want to keep them neatly and safely stored. So I went on the search for my old 50 cigar traveldoor with the foam inserts. Could not find it. Texted a buddy and asked him if I gave to him, he said yes and that shot that plan right in the as*. So I went to my stash of old cigar boxes and humidors to see if I had anything. Well I did! When I was a cigar smoker one of my favorite sizes was the lancero. I smoked a ton of them and there was one, the Cain Lancero I smoked 3 boxes of them and still had the boxes! They are perfect! Will post pics at the end. Also was supposed to get a delivery today, on Wednesday it was in Memphis, Thursday morning it was in Tampa, Thursday night…. Back in Memphis and it left Memphis yesterday morning and that’s all I got.

Non Shave news, not much today, but I am sitting here with my youngest he is watching Stevie T on YouTube on the TV. This guy is nuts but he is pretty funny.

Shave of the day, cigar box razor holders, and Milo the first day I brought him home.

IMG_0449.jpeg
IMG_0444.jpeg
IMG_0442.jpeg
IMG_0445.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0456.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg
IMG_0454.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday the 19th of April

@huck1680 Yes I guess I would rather get the heads up and be able to laugh about it than not know what’s going on. Thank you for the brush cleaning, not worried about sanitation as they are all never been used brushes, just want to give them a good cleaning to get the dust and dirt out as well as the badger funk. But I will do exactly what you said when I buy my first used brush.

@Guido75 I wish I owned 120 Krispy Kreme franchises!

@APBinNCA I got the email from Blackland today about the Osprey being 20% off and I thought of you!

Now here’s my dilemma. 20% off the Osprey brings it down to $280.00 and that’s a good deal for sure. But I have been watching a Gibbs and I got a seller offer for 125.00. Now I do know that there will be some modifications needed to blades to get them to work in the Gibbs and it’s not in bad condition but the black handle shows some wear. On the other hand the Osprey is a well designed, well crafted, piece of functional art. Also there are not 1 but 2 Wolfmans in BST right now that I keep going back to look at. Those don’t come up very often. I did put my name on the Wolfman waiting list but have not heard back yet. I’ve got myself a bad case of RAD and don’t know what one to get, if any at all. I don’t need any more razors, and after the spree I went on this week I don’t need anything! I have 9 new soaps, 4 splashes, another 1924 Every-Ready but this one has a Gem Micromatic 2 tone handle, 100 Perma-Sharps, 250 AccuForge blades, 20 Gem blades, and a Rudy Vay group buy coming. And after all that I still wanna buy a razor. I think there is something fundamentally wrong in my brain.

Anyway that’s my ramblings for the day.

Here’s a picture of Gibby, our Pleco in his 50 gallon tank

View attachment 1832352
Nice AT-AT in the aquarium.

Thank you. My wife, oldest son and myself are Star Wars nuts. I just got this a few months ago.

View attachment 1833147View attachment 1833148

Yes that does say “This way to the Ministry of Magic” on my toilet lid. We are Harry Potter geeks as well. My next tattoo is going to be Voldemort next to Darth. My leg is going to be all the bad guys from both franchises.
Oh yes Star Wars fan here as well! And Harry Potter fan as well. Very cool

That is funny. The toilet lid...my wife is a big PotterPhile and we both liked the first few Star Wars movies but while we watched the others were never really caught up in them. I am a big Bond and Batman fan though...the Bat symbol would be kinda fun for a tat.
Clever idea with the cigar boxes. The cigar racks work really well for the razors. I use test tube stands for my stuff. Seems to work. The Gin and Tonic soap is one I like too. Very mentholated though. Great scent.

I have a Ca Yuen bowl as well. Even though I do sometimes load a brush from its container I still like using bowls to lather up with. especially tube soaps like Proraso etc.

Milo is a good looking boy...is he a rescue pup?

As for golf, I was taught to keep my head still while executing my back and forward swings... (wait for it)... so I was able to keep my "eye" on the ball. BADABOOM! I'm here all week.
Cheers
tempImagePE1Jt3.png
tempImageMDG9p5.png
tempImagelHdsji.png

Sunday the 21st of April

Quick shave today, face lathered again but used the CaYuen brush, not as much success as yesterday but was still way better than what I am used to getting. Tomorrow I will use the same brush same soap but also use the bowl and see if the brush is better for bowl lathering.

My package has still not arrived and tracking has no delivery date but states that it’s still on the way. It’s lost. I know it. 2 after shaves, 2 soaps, and 250 AccuForge blades lost in the bowels of the USPS.

That’s all I got on the shaving front today.

Non shave. We tried a new to is Pizza place tonight, it’s was pretty good. I’ve had better but I’ve also had worse.

@huck1680
That’s a nice collection! I never really got into 007 but I do love Batman and Superman. Yes Milo is a rescue, all 3 of them actually. All rescued from the same organization, Husky Haven of Florida they do great things for Huskies.

@Guido75
I grew up watching that version of Batman in reruns every day after school.

@blethenstrom
Have you ever seen the comparison between Star Wars and Harry Potter? Harry Potter is a remake of Star Wars with sh*tty light sabers? Cracks me up every time I come across it.

Well that’s all I got for today. I will leave you know with a picture of my childhood dog. His name was Schlepp. When we got him at the Peddlers Village Flea Market in Wall NJ, he would not walk when you put a leash on him. The little old Jewish man that was selling the pups said.. “Oy, you are gonna have some time schlepping him around”. And that’s what we named him. He was a 98 pound German Shepherd, Doberman Pincher, and Irish Setter mix.
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0468.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunday the 21st of April

Quick shave today, face lathered again but used the CaYuen brush, not as much success as yesterday but was still way better than what I am used to getting. Tomorrow I will use the same brush same soap but also use the bowl and see if the brush is better for bowl lathering.

My package has still not arrived and tracking has no delivery date but states that it’s still on the way. It’s lost. I know it. 2 after shaves, 2 soaps, and 250 AccuForge blades lost in the bowels of the USPS.

That’s all I got on the shaving front today.

Non shave. We tried a new to is Pizza place tonight, it’s was pretty good. I’ve had better but I’ve also had worse.

@huck1680
That’s a nice collection! I never really got into 007 but I do love Batman and Superman. Yes Milo is a rescue, all 3 of them actually. All rescued from the same organization, Husky Haven of Florida they do great things for Huskies.

@Guido75
I grew up watching that version of Batman in reruns every day after school.

@blethenstrom
Have you ever seen the comparison between Star Wars and Harry Potter? Harry Potter is a remake of Star Wars with sh*tty light sabers? Cracks me up every time I come across it.

Well that’s all I got for today. I will leave you know with a picture of my childhood dog. His name was Schlepp. When we got him at the Peddlers Village Flea Market in Wall NJ, he would not walk when you put a leash on him. The little old Jewish man that was selling the pups said.. “Oy, you are gonna have some time schlepping him around”. And that’s what we named him. He was a 98 pound German Shepherd, Doberman Pincher, and Irish Setter mix.View attachment 1833621View attachment 1833622
No I have not seen that comparison between star wars and Harry Potter.

Top Bottom