What's new

New to wet shaving

Hello all! I’m not sure where to start so I will start from the beginning. A year ago next Monday I found out I was in Heart Failure and my infraction rate was 15%. For those that don’t know what that means, my heart was only pumping 15% of what it should be. Well that just completely flipped my world over. They said I could just drop at any moment with no warning because my condition would not stop my heart but would make my heart shake instead of pump. To make a long story short I wore a life vest for 5 months in case my heart shake it would shock it back to normal. Thankfully that never happened but with taking meds my heart did not improve. So in September of last year I had Bi-Ventricular ICD implanted and meds changed and my heart is now at 35%. I am going to be 52 this year and because of all that, it has brought me here.

I am always very passionate about my hobbies and for the last 15 years prior to last year they revolved around nicotine. I was a pipe smoker, I had a standing 6 foot tall humidor full of the finest cigars (still have pictures). For 2 years I changed my career from a custom glass fabricator and installer to run a cigar shop. I was also into vaping, I loved the mods, making my own coils just the fun of it. But I had to give it all up all at once. That was the hardest part. I was also always into fragrances so I was able to keep that one and tattoos. Those can’t be taken away, I am inked from my knuckles to my ears and will be getting an on off switch on my chest in the next couple of months

I have always had a beard would shave my neck but just used a cartridge and canned foam. But after my ICD I started to feel better and now I wanted to start looking better. So I shaved the beard and was a cartridge and can but at Christmas I was gifted a DE razor and a shave puck and bowl. I watched a bunch of videos and some trial and error and nicks and cuts I loved it. So now, not only am I keeping my self looking better I have a new hobby! I now have 10 razors 4 brushes 2 bowls and a bunch of sample soaps and blades because I have not found my favorites yet other than the REX 1977.

Sorry for the long post and I understand if you did not read it all!

Thank you all for the welcome! I will take pictures of my gear when I get home today. But here is are some pictures of my humidor before I unloaded all of the cigars on friends and family.

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    915.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2707.jpeg
    IMG_2707.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    964.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2704.jpeg
    IMG_2704.jpeg
    946.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2703.jpeg
    IMG_2703.jpeg
    956.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    911.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    802.4 KB · Views: 10
Besides Heart problems, you got bit by Deadly Wet Shaving Bug.🪒
Here is my gear, I figured I would show the gear and the frags at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Thank you all for the welcome! I will take pictures of my gear when I get home today. But here is are some pictures of my humidor before I unloaded all of the cigars on friends and family.
Nice collection, so you're an Artuero Fuente fan eh. Nice fragnance collection, too. Drakkar Noir, Farenheit, Sauvage are great smelling fragnances. :thumbup: If you really like Drakkar then I can recommend Christian dior eau Sauvage Extreme.

Top Bottom