What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

SOTD:
L'Oreal Something or other
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC with IP handle
Racer 3
Shavemac D01 24/50
View attachment 1812520
Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

Sorry for the blurry picture I was stifling a sneeze and I didn't have my glasses on so it looked OK to me 🤣.

I think my back up Shavemacs are now firmly in my primary rotation. I am digging these handle colours!!

The shave today was good but it wasn't perfect but I am not going to obsess about it because it was a late shave and I will have an early one tomorrow morning. I am going to try the Racer in my WR1 .74 tomorrow to see if that ups the efficiency a little.

@JKaboom why did you post that thread about how many brushes and razors do you have? I only like to look in the mirror when I am shaving 🤣. I realized I didn't answer the why part in thread, but now looking at the numbers 41 brushes, my mother was born in 1941 and 43 razors lines up with my father being born in 1943. So that is my why answer 🤣.

Cheers!!
Now you just need the number of soaps that corresponds with your wife's year.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'll admit it here.... but pretend you didn't see it.... The ShaveMac buying frenzy awakened my BAD... I just ordered another SV brush, this time, with a gold pewter crown and Rosewood handle.... I had to buy it from the SV Italian website as that handle isn't available on YourShaving or Gifts&Care... I could have had them special order one for me, but I would have ended up paying close to the same price... I did, however, get a 5% discount by signing up for their newsletter. I'm a bargain shopper. <eg>

I don't think they are a bad blade at all. I was nicely surprised by them and the Lord Cools :) I think @lasta ranked them middle of the road!
The question is not where @lasta the cultist ranks them, but where do you rank them in comparison to GSB the blade which shall remain unnamed. I know it is going to be very hard for you to be honest right about now, but I know you can do it. You will need to take the first step of healing. It is a long road ahead of you that you must travel towards freedom.

Oh, I'll get around to them eventually, Andrew. :thumbup1:

Have a blessed Friday, my friend.
You too Eric!
The question is not where @lasta the cultist ranks them, but where do you rank them in comparison to GSB the blade which shall remain unnamed. I know it is going to be very hard for you to be honest right about now, but I know you can do it. You will need to take the first step of healing. It is a long road ahead of you that you must travel towards freedom.
I will be totally honest. 😁

They are about half as good as GSB! So being a cup half full kind of guy, I'd say the racer is not a bad blade 😀.

I'd also rank the Racer 🏃‍♂️miles ahead of the Tiger 🐅 which should be avoided or shunned at all cost! 🤣

Congratulations to @lasta, who is the first person to give me a
1710521122307.png
on one of my posts. 🎉🎉

SOTD:
L'Oreal Something or other
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC with IP handle
Racer 3
Shavemac D01 24/50
View attachment 1812520
Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

Sorry for the blurry picture I was stifling a sneeze and I didn't have my glasses on so it looked OK to me 🤣.

I think my back up Shavemacs are now firmly in my primary rotation. I am digging these handle colours!!

The shave today was good but it wasn't perfect but I am not going to obsess about it because it was a late shave and I will have an early one tomorrow morning. I am going to try the Racer in my WR1 .74 tomorrow to see if that ups the efficiency a little.

@JKaboom why did you post that thread about how many brushes and razors do you have? I only like to look in the mirror when I am shaving 🤣. I realized I didn't answer the why part in thread, but now looking at the numbers 41 brushes, my mother was born in 1941 and 43 razors lines up with my father being born in 1943. So that is my why answer 🤣.

Cheers!!
That is so funny 😂😂

I was really curious what the average was and where I stood in that. I’m perfectly happy with 7/7 for now. I wanted to see also the also the really high numbers and the really small numbers too.

lasta

Blade Biter
Reminds me of a member of a pipe-smoking forum I used to frequent. We had just as much ribbing of members there as we do here. This fella was a moderator and then subsequent owner of the forum. His line was always "And the Horse you rode in on." This lead to a multitude of horse memes and more ribbing. Haha.
I was going to write something along the lines of "If I ever come to own Badger & Blade, I would...".

But I don't want to jinx it.

Top Bottom