What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

letterkenny GIF by CraveTV

As a Canadian, I hope you get the reference, @Balin :)

I hope Betty heals up. You mentioned she's tough, I remember watching the Westminster Kennel dog show years ago and it seemed that almost every breed of dog was used for hunting, including poodles. The typical cut for that breed is also from their hunting background. So is Betty the Poodle fur color white? She'd be Betty White then. Baahhh'dahh'boom. I beat @huck1680 to it.

I hope Betty heals up. You mentioned she's tough, I remember watching the Westminster Kennel dog show years ago and it seemed that almost every breed of dog was used for hunting, including poodles. The typical cut for that breed is also from their hunting background. So is Betty the Poodle fur color white? She'd be Betty White then. Baahhh'dahh'boom. I beat @huck1680 to it.
Betty is a silver so her coat is still transitioning from black as she is only 15 months old. It can take up to 2 years. Our other poodle, Ziggy is red. Ziggy has the show dog cut which my wife hates 🤣.

I'll get a picture of them over the weekend.

Betty is a silver so her coat is still transitioning from black as she is only 15 months old. It can take up to 2 years. Our other poodle, Ziggy is red. Ziggy has the show dog cut which my wife hates 🤣.

I'll get a picture of them over the weekend.
We had a White Schnauzer, which wasn't recognized as an official color for Schnauzers. Her skin under her white fur was a darker hue of grey, which made her coat look silver. Everyone wanted to pet her but she wasn't the most friendly dog. Hers was the boss, the alpha dog of alpha dogs. When I'd walk into my then girlfriend's, current wife's, home with Molly, she'd bark a few long rapid barks to announce her presence as if to say, "Beaches, I'm home." Haha.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .67 OC
GSB 4 🌟
Shavemac D01 22/46
View attachment 1817719
Ratings 4/5 Comfortable DFS

A nice comfy shave! I am not looking forward to the Shark Chrome tomorrow. I may have handed out tucks, to @Guido75 , @lasta and @cranewarrior with less than altruistic intentions 🤣. Its not a favourite of mine 🤫.

Since we are talking about weight loss lately, I thought I would add my experiences. I lost 100lbs from Feb 2021 to September 2021. Unfortunately 50+ have come back in the last 2 and half years, so I am now back to tracking calories and making sure I get my daily walks in. The dogs are enjoying it, but the tracking calories is taking a bit to become a habit again. This has to be the last time I have to drop this kind of weight again. I need to weigh myself daily going forward and not look at the scale as the enemy 🤣. The plan this time is to stick to whole foods and limit take out and portion size!!

Cheers.

Good job losing that weight, and don't beat yourself up over the rebound!

My physical activity has taken a big dump over the past couple of years, used to ride my road bike a few thousand km a year, and run, etc... no time lately though. MUST motivate myself to find that time.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC
Shark Chrome 4 🦈
D01 24/50
1000005366.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I will be nice and presentable when I go to visit my mother on this Good Friday!! It was a comfortable shave, but it required a bit more work to get there. I think I will be retiring the Shark after 4 outings. It has moved up in my estimation when used with this razor.

Why do long weekends seem busier than the standard weekends? 🤣 Maybe because my Alpha Carbon Fibre handle arrived yesterday but the postie left a pick up notice because nobody was here to sign for it. It was a lie, the 3 of us were all here at mail delivery. @blethenstrom Hong Kong tracking does not share info with Canadian tracking so I was unable to successfully stalk the delivery. Lets hope the drug store that acts as a depot is open today for Good Friday!!

Cheers!

Yes you did... "Fur sure" damn!:w00t::w00t:

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Tabac
Tabac Splash
WR1 .74 OC
Sharp Titanium 1
Amethyst D01 24/50
1000005382.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS 😁

I mentioned in the Blade Bonanza thread that this blade was a nice surprise. I didn't go back on last years notes until after I shaved. The last time I used this blade, it was tuggy for the first 2 shaves, but today on 2 days growth it performed really well.
I am looking foward to using this blade until my WR3 arrives! 😆.

I think next month I am just going to cycle through some soap samples. I think that will be ok with the Soap of Month as long as I stick with the same sample until its gone.

I hope everyone has a great Easter!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Marlborough
Clubman Milk
WR1 .74 OC
Sharp Titanium 2
Shavemac Finest 22/44
1000005390.jpg

I am going through some cream samples this month. I generally prefer harder soaps, but I picked the samples up to get an idea of the scents. I really like Marlborough, but my nose is off! It did not smell like their description at all but I still enjoyed it. I didn't get the Sandalwood or Cedar scent, but more of a lime, citrus scent.

The Sharp blade is still plugging along, but was not quite as smooth as yesterday, but that could be a lather issue. I am going to try more water tomorrow!

Happy Monday!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Marlborough
Clubman Milk
WR1 .74 OC
Sharp Titanium 2
Shavemac Finest 22/44
View attachment 1821974

I am going through some cream samples this month. I generally prefer harder soaps, but I picked the samples up to get an idea of the scents. I really like Marlborough, but my nose is off! It did not smell like their description at all but I still enjoyed it. I didn't get the Sandalwood or Cedar scent, but more of a lime, citrus scent.

The Sharp blade is still plugging along, but was not quite as smooth as yesterday, but that could be a lather issue. I am going to try more water tomorrow!

Happy Monday!
Andrew, I haven't tried the D.R. Harris & Co. Marlborough, but their Arlington is one of my favorite soaps. :thumbup1:

I use TOBS, specifically Mr. Taylor's and Cedarwood. It's pretty much all I've been using for about a year (except for the occasional Arko!). D.R Harris is one of the soaps that has interested me but have never bought. The tubs that they come in are identical to the TOBS tubs. I figure that they might be similar? Maybe I'm wrong! Anyone know?
Either way, I need to try them out to compare. I got a nice coupon yesterday from Pasteur and ended up ordering my usual TOBS. Thinking about it, I should've gotten some D.R. Harris too!
I do have some other new soaps on the way (and already here) where I too had some coupons which made them logical to purchase:
-OneBlade lavender shaving cream (tub) and the matching after shave balm. It's supposedly a fantastic product!
-The Art of Shaving lavender shaving cream (tube). I tried it twice in the last 2 days and didn't like it.
I didn't like the scent nor the performance. It wasn't slick at all!
In my opinion, an inferior overpriced Gillette product. Luckily I got it super cheap just to test it out.
Note: I don't want to be a soap collector 😂

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Marlborough
Clubman Milk
WR1 .74 OC
Sharp Titanium 2
Shavemac Finest 22/44
View attachment 1821974

Happy Monday!
Sniffed directly off the soap puck (boxed) - my schnoz doesn't pickup citrus from Marlborough...

Andrew, I haven't tried the D.R. Harris & Co. Marlborough, but their Arlington is one of my favorite soaps. :thumbup1:
Marlborough and Arlington are fantastic

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Marlborough
Merrow of Clare
WR2 .35 OC
GEM 1
Chubby 1 Super
1000005399.jpg

I had 3 orders arrive today! I guess Friday and Monday being postal holidays they all queued up for me 😁.

I was really excited to use my WR3 today. Its only my 7th GEM style razor shave but it went pretty well. I have to figure out some angles around my jawline, hence only a DFS rating today. The razor was really comfortable and smooth. It worked really well ATG under my chin where the whiskers grow parallel to my skin!

I think the Merrow of Clare will be a summer soap and splash to me. I am olfactory challenged but I get a bit of a warm summer sunscreen sort of vibe from this splash! I am looking forward to using the soap as it is there Kodiak base so it contains bear tallow which I have not tried before. I am liking the scent of the Marlborough also. I think I would get it again but in soap format. Lol, face lathering creams is a bit of a learning curve for me!

Cheers!

Top Bottom