What's new

90 Day Challenge

Alright. Was very tired after getting out of work late today but made it to the gym.

15 minutes on the stationary bike for a warm up. Stretched then did 3-2 minute rounds of shadow boxing followed by 3-2 minute rounds on the heavy bag. Followed it up with 10 minutes of jump rope and ran a mile in just under 9 minutes.

I was a little disappointed in how tired I was running but I figured I would take it easy and set my expectations at a reasonable level. Went to the market and stocked up on apples, bananas, broccoli and other healthy goodies for the week.

My first run back I couldn't even do a mile but now I'm doing 4 in just over half an hour and you are doing a lot better than I was so I imagine you will running 5K's in no time!

Been taking it kinda easy this weekend (my weekend with the kids). But tomorrow starts my AM gym routine before work. My plan is to get to the gym between 5-5:30 tomorrow!

Was my weekend with my kids this weekend also ... and I got them an extra day due to Labor Day.

So today I'm finally getting back to this.

Commuted to work today, 24 miles in all after tonight's ride. This morning's ride was excellent, averaged just over 16 mph for the 12 miles.

Edit to add: I'm going to recommit to logging everything in MFP. If any of you are on there and want to add me as a friend, I'm jjking54 on there as well.

Last edited:
Day 1 went well, but day 2 hasn't quite gone as planned. A coworker wanted to take me out for lunch, so instead of the homemade lemony chicken and rice soup I brought, I had Korean spicy pork and steamed rice. I did get the smaller plate instead of the box lunch that I normally get. The downside was the dish had no vegetables. Fortunately, I had a glass of carrot juice waiting on me when I got back to the office.

Now for a warmup on the elliptical followed by an upper body workout. Tonight's dinner will be salad.

My first run back I couldn't even do a mile but now I'm doing 4 in just over half an hour and you are doing a lot better than I was so I imagine you will running 5K's in no time!

Thanks for the support brochacho.

Today I will be at work late and it's SWMBO's Birthday so I probably won't make it to the gym.

Started the day off with a cup of black coffee and a cup of oatmeal with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Brought an apple and a banana to work for in-between meal snacks. I'll see if I can get a period of PE in with the students to make up for the lack of gym tonight.

Too late for me to join the party?

I am currently 182lbs and feel I should ideally be between 170-175. I have two goals, achieve this weight, and stay there till the spring when it is easier to be active.

I dont plan on anything fancy, clean up my diet (no late night snacking, little to no sugar, and exercise 4/5 times a week) Not very exciting but this will be great motivation following everyone else. I have a couple runs planned, a 10K and a half marathon in Oct which will also help.

As added motivation I am considering a before and after pic. Not something I want to do, but could help push me in the right direction.

Thoughts??

Day 2:

Today was pretty good. I had a couple eggs for breakfast, some mustard and sage roasted chicken with beet and tomato salad for lunch, and topped it off with a GF meatloaf made with 90% lean beef and a mix of veges (roughly 2lbs of meat to 3lbs of veggies (serves 8)). I also walked 4.5 miles. By the end of the week I'll start working out every other day, any suggestions for some workout sheets to help track progress?

total calories ~1300
exercise -650 calories

Today was a bad day since I have had to put aside most of my routine for work related activities. Only 6.5 miles of walking today and a rather poor chest/triceps workout. Calories were around 2200 so I don't think my deficit was too great, maybe 500 cals at most. Tomorrow will be much like today but then I can get back into it on Thursday.

All in all, yesterday was a good day.

2,360 calories in
1,351 exercise calories burned

24 miles of bike commute

Also commuted today :)

Lots of stretching today, 35 minutes of cardio on the eliptical, followed by lots more stretching. I'm very sore from starting my workout yesterday. Going to be stretching a lot until my body gets used to this whole workout stuff. Glad today wasn't a lifting day. The gym was so packed it was a nightmare. I almost took a pic to show y'all how nuts it was.

Tonight I'll be helping out with Bingo at the VFW. It is 2.2 miles down the road from me. Provided it isn't raining tonight, I plan on walking there and back.

Been doing OK on the eating.
2 pounds down since Friday and it's not just water.

Need to step up the exercise now.

Nice start, Tony!

My lunch today was much more colorful than yesterday. I had a black and bleu salad with lettuce, lean steak, cherry tomatoes, pecans, and bleu cheese dressing. Dinner will be the chicken and rice soup that I didn't have for lunch yesterday.

Tomorrow will be a challenge. I have a farewell luncheon for a coworker at a Mexican restaurant then I'm on the hook to take my girlfriend for a German dinner. I'll go with a salad for lunch (with no chips and queso :sob:), but I'm not sure what I'll have as a healthy(ish) option at dinner. Not having schnitzel covered in gravy, pan fried potatoes, and beer seems to defeat the purpose of eating German.

Well, bit better day today. I still had a lot of work related things to take care of but I was able to get my 10 mile walk in and kept calories around 1800.

I failed at my 2 mile walk. I wanted to, but my legs were too sore from squats yesterday. Anyone got any tips for reducing muscle soreness post workout so I can workout every day?

Day 3

Walked 5 miles
breakfast and lunch were only about 650 calories... Dinner was a bit more. Had 1/2 cup of rice, some beef and a shrimp stir fry. About 800-900 calories, so roughly 1500-1600 on the day.

Yesterday was one of those days where I ate good pretty good food, but ate way too much of it. For lunch, my wife made me a really nice stew with lentils, squash, apples, and curry. It was great, but I ate a huge amount of it. I probably should have stopped half way through and put the rest away for another day. For dinner, we had falafel and salad. Again, I probably ate twice as much falafel as I should have, especially because it was fried. Today, I've had my usual oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast and am having a salad (all veggies with chick peas and soy beans) for lunch and a healthy avocado pasta dish for dinner. Definitely committed to getting back on the wagon.

Top Bottom