What's new

Req: Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

I know, bad and old joke. :blush:

But.... I'd like to try some without having to buy the whole can which seems to be the only thing available. Would someone be willing to PIF me a sample?

Edit: For the sake of clarity, I mean Prince Albert pipe tobacco, NOT whatever it is that Pat was thinking of. :wink:

Last edited:
Oh. I see. Prince Albert is a brand of tobacco.

I'm really glad you weren't asking for a PIF involving the first thing that entered my head. :blushing:

I've seen it available in 1.5oz pouches before, I'll check my local B&M and let ya know. If you like PA you might enjoy Carter Hall, I like it better than PA.

Oh. I see. Prince Albert is a brand of tobacco.

I'm really glad you weren't asking for a PIF involving the first thing that entered my head. :blushing:

:lol: Yeah, that'd be hilarious. I can see the package arriving the mail, Richard opening it with bated breath, only to be shocked and awed and downright scarred for life.

I've seen it available in 1.5oz pouches before, I'll check my local B&M and let ya know. If you like PA you might enjoy Carter Hall, I like it better than PA.

This is your best bet ... if you get a sample through the mail, it is likely to arrive dried out and stale.

A 1.5oz package at the store will only run you $3 or $4 dollars.

Rich, There's some right up here in town at a couple places...Looks like you need to take a road trip....

My dad smoked Prince Albert years and years ago. Nice aroma!

update: I finally found a store on line that sells by the pouch (not 6 pouches at a time or by the tin)... best of all, I was going to order a pipe rack from them anyhow.

thanks everyone for the help.

Prince Albert (also known as the National Joy Smoke) is a mainstay of my rotation. Regretably, it's not sold in metal cans anymore but the 14 Oz. variant comes in a large plastic tub. Check Walmart or some of your local cigarette stores for a 1.5 oz. pouch. While I understand you want to taste it before you pop for the 14 oz tub, I must admit that PA from the tub is a bit fuller in flavor. I must be the dissenting voice on Carter Hall though. By itself Carter Hall is good but a bit too light for my liking. The coolest thing about Carter Hall that I remember is the fact that it made my moustache smell like fresh baked dinner rolls:001_smile. What I would do, is by 2 pouches of PA and 1 pouch of Carter Hall (total cost maybe $9). First I'd burn one of the pouches of PA. Then I'd take one pouch of PA and mix it with 1 pouch of Carter Hall. Now we're talking Codger Burley heaven. Smoke a few bowls of this and call me in the morning.

I got my hands on some Prince Albert Tobacco today and gotta say, eh. I think I prefer Half & Half. PA smoked cooler, but much drier and H&H had a nicer room aroma.

I also tried (sorta) in a sampler pack some Altadis Margarita and Altadis Red Wine. Both smelled nice in the bag, but once lit were nothing special, not much taste, not much aroma, and nothing distinctive. I was disappointed and I didn't finish either bowl.

Wow...some of these aromatics cross "the line" if you ask me. Margarita and red wine? Oh boy...

I guess I shouldn't hold high hopes for my pouch of Altadis Irish Creme. :lol:

Wow...some of these aromatics cross "the line" if you ask me. Margarita and red wine? Oh boy...

I guess I shouldn't hold high hopes for my pouch of Altadis Irish Creme. :lol:

I know I'm one of the resident Lime fanatics, but I had such hopes for the margarita... it smelled just like the name implies. but, once lit... no love. I'm hoping that the other altadis "flavors" I got won't be as disappointing, but at this point, I'm not hopeful.

Top Bottom