What's new

2015-16 English Premier League/Champion's League

I'm a believer in Leicester at this point. They positively smoked Liverpool yesterday. There was nothing soft about their defense, and Vardy was outstanding. It's hard to believe that just a short time ago, he was playing in semi-pro league.
What Leicester are doing is simply remarkable, and if they can navigate these next two games against City and Arsenal without too much trouble...then.....:laugh:

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. This is a GREAT season for the neutral. I don't think anything will ever top the craziness of 2011/12 in terms of League and Champions League. But I haven't seen anything like this since Leeds barnstormed their way to the top of the table in 2000. Even then, they didn't stay there, but the team spirit and the level of play every week reminds me of Leicester this year.

Can they win it all? Yes, it's possible. Will they? I don't think so...simply because the squad has no depth and if someone goes down or if Vardy and Mahrez and Okazaki tire down the stretch, they'll inevitably drop points. I'll go as far as to say that I want them to win. I want to see the scenes on the final day, and Claudio Ranieri getting thrown in the air, etc. It'll be a blast from the past, and show that any team can win the title and you don't need a squad with the net worth of a small country. And it'll be a feel-good story for the ages. After all, this is a club that's never won.

Realistically though, they're going to probably finish 3rd and get a Champion's League place. Which would not be a disappointment by any stretch of the imagination, despite what I've seen some articles suggest in the past few days. It would be a huge achievement.

So I hope they keep it going. And if they're still top or within a few points come April....bring it on. I'm going to be screaming for them every week. Because they've already played all of their rivals after Valentine's Day. All that's left is for them to grind out results...do what they've been doing all season. So...can they? Gosh I hope so. I just fear that someone will get injured.

What Leicester are doing is simply remarkable, and if they can navigate these next two games against City and Arsenal without too much trouble...then.....:laugh:

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. This is a GREAT season for the neutral. I don't think anything will ever top the craziness of 2011/12 in terms of League and Champions League. But I haven't seen anything like this since Leeds barnstormed their way to the top of the table in 2000. Even then, they didn't stay there, but the team spirit and the level of play every week reminds me of Leicester this year.

Can they win it all? Yes, it's possible. Will they? I don't think so...simply because the squad has no depth and if someone goes down or if Vardy and Mahrez and Okazaki tire down the stretch, they'll inevitably drop points. I'll go as far as to say that I want them to win. I want to see the scenes on the final day, and Claudio Ranieri getting thrown in the air, etc. It'll be a blast from the past, and show that any team can win the title and you don't need a squad with the net worth of a small country. And it'll be a feel-good story for the ages. After all, this is a club that's never won.

Realistically though, they're going to probably finish 3rd and get a Champion's League place. Which would not be a disappointment by any stretch of the imagination, despite what I've seen some articles suggest in the past few days. It would be a huge achievement.

So I hope they keep it going. And if they're still top or within a few points come April....bring it on. I'm going to be screaming for them every week. Because they've already played all of their rivals after Valentine's Day. All that's left is for them to grind out results...do what they've been doing all season. So...can they? Gosh I hope so. I just fear that someone will get injured.

All of the above, with added passion as I'm a Foxes fan!

I was among the few who thought at the time that Ranieri's appointment was inspired and a sign of ambition by our owners (who are excellent by the way). But "ambition" at that time for me meant avoiding the relegation scrap and settling for mid-table obscurity.

This is Roy of the Rovers stuff. I'm so used to disappointment that I dare not believe we can win the League. It would send out such a powerful message about teamwork, self-belief and the triumph of hope over expectation if we were to do so. My main concern, as well as injuries to key players, is whether the team will choke under the pressure as the impossible becomes possible. So far there's been no sign of that happening and I think Ranieri will keep everybody's feet on the ground. And if he continues to do that, we will continue to fear no-one. So, I hope; I wish; but I dare not yet believe.

All of the above, with added passion as I'm a Foxes fan!

I was among the few who thought at the time that Ranieri's appointment was inspired and a sign of ambition by our owners (who are excellent by the way). But "ambition" at that time for me meant avoiding the relegation scrap and settling for mid-table obscurity.

This is Roy of the Rovers stuff. I'm so used to disappointment that I dare not believe we can win the League. It would send out such a powerful message about teamwork, self-belief and the triumph of hope over expectation if we were to do so. My main concern, as well as injuries to key players, is whether the team will choke under the pressure as the impossible becomes possible. So far there's been no sign of that happening and I think Ranieri will keep everybody's feet on the ground. And if he continues to do that, we will continue to fear no-one. So, I hope; I wish; but I dare not yet believe.
They just need to keep tunnel vision. One game at a time, like he's said in his press conferences. And prior to playing City, if I were Ranieri, I would fire the players up. You're at the top of the League. The table doesn't lie in February. No fear. Go out there and play City as equals, because you belong out there with them. It doesn't matter what their squad cost or how many internationals they've got. No pundit ANYWHERE gave you a chance, and you're proving everyone wrong, making them eat their words week after week. Fight until the last minute.

Because they've seen the film. They know Leicester aren't pushovers. They're going to be wary. They won't have any swagger, because they know this is a 6-pointer. So go out and hit them in the nose. They are no Barcelona, and can be beaten.

So I hope it's like that and not a cagey affair.

I just saw the condensed replay on NBCSN (who do a great job with BPL, by the way), and boy were they impressive. The magnitude of that performance was even bigger than that of Liverpool's massive choke.

I just saw the condensed replay on NBCSN (who do a great job with BPL, by the way), and boy were they impressive. The magnitude of that performance was even bigger than that of Liverpool's massive choke.
City looked completely flat. Leicester steamrolled them. But more that that, they were up for it and showed no fear. When their shots were blocked or they lost the ball, City appeared to deflate. And their backline could not cope with Leicester. At all. It easily could've been 5.

I keep wondering how they'll keep it up. The papers have announced them champions-in-waiting now...I hope it doesn't get to the players' heads.

And yes, I agree about NBC's coverage. The last 3 years have been a treat...they get better every year. It makes Fox's coverage all those years look like amateur hour. They treat it like a product people care about seeing...as it should be.

Leicester CAN take the crown. Lets look at the pros . . .

there run in is tailor made for a team in front to stay there. After Arsenal next week, there are few, if any, potential stumbling blocks where you look at the match and think they will struggle. Perhaps Chelsea on the final day, if the Blues manage to pull themselves together. They are playing like a team with nothing to lose, and all of the other clichés that exist . . . playing for each other, playing for the Gaffer, etc. Long story short, they ARE playing as a unit, and they are playing with belief. That will take you a LOOONNGG way.

The only real downfall I can see is if they start to believe their press, or if an injury bites them in the final weeks. the title is there for the Foxes to lose at this point.

Well, that was a tough day for us Leicester fans. So close, but not quite enough to hang on to a point against Arsenal. We could have done with Man City hanging on for a draw as well.

On the other hand, we've taken six points from games against Liverpool, Man City, and Arsenal; and most Leicester fans would have torn your hand off for that return at the beginning of February.

It's ten days or so until our next game, so I think the team will be mentally and physically refreshed by then. We're still two points clear, so the dream is still alive.....

6-0 thrashing of Aston Villa today by my Reds. Now that everyone, except Martin Skrtel, are healthy, here's to a continued run and a Capital One Cup win on the 28th.

The pessimist in me will shake my head when Daniel Sturridge yanks another hamstring on the practice grounds in the next 2 weeks. :blink:

Heartbreaking from a Leicester perspective. A red card, and a last-gasp goal took them down, but this team has fight. It really does. Provided this result doesn't mess with their heads too much, they should be okay. They just need to keep doing what they've been doing.

Arsenal needed that win, though.

Aston Villa are going down, and it breaks my heart to see it.

As a Spurs fan, I can't quite get my head around what we are doing this season, been so used to us either winning by 2 or 3 or losing by 2 or 3!! Had so many years of ups and downs it's hard to stay positive:biggrin1:

The replay on the Vardy foul that led to the PK was questionable at best. Wes Morgan is a total stud on the back line. What did one commentator say during the broadcast "Morgan is right where he's supposed to be, just like he always is." I missed the Spurs-City game, but am happy about the result. 3 of the top 4 haven't won in the last decade.

Another fascinating weekend's action. Leicester win ugly, but they win with a last-minute goal. Arsenal choke (again) against a barely recognizable Man Utd side - that will feel like a massive loss. And Spurs just keep on winning - they're the side with the real momentum at the moment.

The North London derby next weekend will be one of the biggest ever....

Another fascinating weekend's action. Leicester win ugly, but they win with a last-minute goal. Arsenal choke (again) against a barely recognizable Man Utd side - that will feel like a massive loss. And Spurs just keep on winning - they're the side with the real momentum at the moment.

The North London derby next weekend will be one of the biggest ever....

Spurs will choke in the derby, and Leicester will extend their lead at the top. You heard it here first, folks.

And....breathe!! Felt like Leicester had really slipped up with a draw against WBA last night, then the results go our way tonight and we end up extending our lead by a point. Looks like the knives are coming out for Arsene Wenger so he'll be desperate to get something from the derby on Saturday.

Liverpool thumps City 3-0 on Tuesday. On Sunday, however, the Reds can't kick a penalty in the Capital One Cup final.

Top Bottom