What's new

Review of the Geisha Shaver Blades

Couple days ago I wanted to try out the DOVO razor blades so I hit the internet. I found a German website and I added one pack to my cart, like always I "found" other products I added to my cart however there was one product that really grabbed my attention: the Geisha Shaver blades. 9,90 euro for 50 blades... ah who cares just add it to the cart and pay for it. I paid with PayPal and I received the confirmation... wait a minute... why the freak is the box pink? Ok time to Google this company and the product I actually purchased. I got on the official website of Geisha Shaver which is:

The company focuses on DE shaving for ... women. Yes you read that right, I purchased "DE blades meant for women". Who cares a blade is a blade. Right? :barbershop_quartet_ Okay I lied a little bit I felt a little bit ashamed but who would ever find about this? (except the people who're reading this lol). I got the impression that the people behind Geisha Shaver really know what they're talking about, there is even a beginners guide for women on how to shave whatever they're shaving:

What I liked a lot about this company is that they're not only making blades and razors but they also have their own aftershave, oil and shaving cream to me this says they're really knowing what they're doing, they're not some bulsh!tters who're making all kind of weird claims while providing an inferior and expensive blade.

The blades come in a small box made of cardboard and it has 50 blades, it's very small and it would fit easily in a purse... wait did I say purse? Ok let's move on. Here is a photo of the razor:

1700863971995.jpeg

I can't find much information about this blade except for the information thats on their website:

"Geisha's high-quality replaceable blades are individually packed in wax paper, thanks to which you won’t accidentally cut yourself and the blades will stay in excellent condition. The traditional replaceable blade is sharp and thin, allowing it to reach the root of the hair. A single blade also does not strain the skin as much as a multi-bladed razor.

You can shave about 20 times with a single replaceable blade."

It's a Finish company and I really would like to know in which country and factory this blade was made. Are they made in Finland? The last sentence gave me some doubts about this blade. 20 shaves? Of course, it's for women they don't shave their beards... unless if they're Middle Eastern :letterk1: (hey hey wait before you report me! I can make that joke because I'm an Arabic man - and you can't laugh because that makes you a ...ist :biggrin1:)!

I decided to sacrifice my face (again) and here is the setup I used to shave with this time:

1700864553942.jpeg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Geisha Shaver Blade
Cream: Proraso Cypress & Vetyver
Brush: Semogue 820
Aftershave: Repubblica di Genova

Pass 1 - WTG:
I had a 5 day of beard growth to shave so like always I took a hot shower first. Made the later in my cup and then I loaded the blade in my Progress and dialed in the highest setting which is the 5th. I started with the WTG, sideburns first. I didn't expect this but the blade was very sharp and smooth. There was no pulling, no tugging this blade felt really like a high quality blade. I really would put in the same boat as the Astra SP and Permasharp, it's definitely not an inferior blade like the My-Blades blades I reviewed the last time. I was done with the *** and rinsed my face and applied the lather on my face. (yes FACE not LEGS).

Pass 2 - XTG:
Time for the XTG, I started on the sideburns and cheeks. I noticed that the blade was a little bit aggressive so I played with the settings of the Merkur Progress. I dialed in the lowest setting and it was perfect! No nicks, no tugging, no razor burns this is what I can call a perfect shave with a perfect razor and blade. It felt like I was shaving with a Permasharp, during this pass I still was convinced that this is a high quality blade and it works great in a mild razor. At this point I already had a BBS on my cheeks but its a must to do an ATG. Rinse face, apply lather and....

Pass 3 - ATG:
Really on my face there was nothing to shave, when I did an ATG on my cheeks I couldn't hear the blade cutting anything. Everything went perfect on the jawline, chin and neck and the stache area. The blade was still as sharp like during the first pass. I had a full BBS, those shaves are the best ones as in when you're faceturbating you'll be like "oh yeah that feels so freaking great". I really had no nicks, no razor burns my face felt super soft afterwards. I tried to do some touch ups but there wasn't anything to shave. After I was done shaving I rinsed my face with cold water and applied the aftershave.

My thoughts:
This blade really surprised me because I didn't expect it to be such a good blade. I never thought I would ever shave my face with a blade that was made for women, but hey women use "men" blades too. I think that the claim about this blade lasting 20 shaves for women is true. It did such a great job on my whiskers which are thick and curly (I'm Arabic) so I bet my whiskers are monsters compared to those hairs on the legs of some white girl with super soft hair. (pubic hair is a different discussion :001_tt2:)

I would place this blade between the Astra SP and Permasharp, it's a sharp blade but not Feather sharp however this blade will leave you with a super smooth BBS. I think I can shave 4-8 times with this blade but like I said it works great in a mild blade. I have no idea how it would work out in an open comb razor like the Fatip.

I'm not sure if these blades are available in the US but I'm convinced that European companies should really also focus on the US since there is (I assume) a bigger market compared to the EU. I paid 9,90 euro for 50 blades. 100 blades would be around 20 euro to me this sounds like a fair price, kinda like the Permasharps.

I didn't get their razor because ... well I just didn't :lol: I can't say anything about them but they're not that expensive. There are some reviews about their razor and the reviews are very positive: Geisha Shaver - https://geishashaver.com/collections/geisha-shaver/products/geisha-shaver

I want to finish this review with a joke, their website states the following:

1700866742830.png

:stuart:

I dare their customers to join this board :barbershop_quartet_

I asked an online seller and they will see if it's worth selling.....(if it comes into the market, I'll post it).....

wait a minute... why the freak is the box pink?

The company focuses on DE shaving for ... women. Yes you read that right, I purchased "DE blades meant for women". Who cares a blade is a blade. Right? :barbershop_quartet_
Real men harmonise the colour of the blade, brush, and shaving cream.

The blades come in a small box made of cardboard and it has 50 blades, it's very small and it would fit easily in a purse... wait did I say purse? Ok let's move on. Here is a photo of the razor:
I only see blades on that photo, not a razor.

Will ignore the colour and the name of the brand. Looked through their site. Another company who decided to make some money with Asian sourced stuff. Don't be fooled. They are not making neither the razors, nor the blades. The safety razors are Chinese. Here is the 3 piece, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006182322095.html the second option, $8.7, not 30 EUR. I think, so are the blades. In my opinion 10 EUR for 50 blades is far from a fair price for the product. In Europe you can get German made Personna Platinum for less, and it is a top blade.

You used the blade in a Progress which is known to make even not-so-good blades shave decent (because of its bending).

Couple days ago I wanted to try out the DOVO razor blades so I hit the internet. I found a German website and I added one pack to my cart, like always I "found" other products I added to my cart however there was one product that really grabbed my attention: the Geisha Shaver blades. 9,90 euro for 50 blades... ah who cares just add it to the cart and pay for it. I paid with PayPal and I received the confirmation... wait a minute... why the freak is the box pink? Ok time to Google this company and the product I actually purchased. I got on the official website of Geisha Shaver which is:

The company focuses on DE shaving for ... women. Yes you read that right, I purchased "DE blades meant for women". Who cares a blade is a blade. Right? :barbershop_quartet_ Okay I lied a little bit I felt a little bit ashamed but who would ever find about this? (except the people who're reading this lol). I got the impression that the people behind Geisha Shaver really know what they're talking about, there is even a beginners guide for women on how to shave whatever they're shaving:

What I liked a lot about this company is that they're not only making blades and razors but they also have their own aftershave, oil and shaving cream to me this says they're really knowing what they're doing, they're not some bulsh!tters who're making all kind of weird claims while providing an inferior and expensive blade.

View attachment 1753522

I can't find much information about this blade except for the information thats on their website:

"Geisha's high-quality replaceable blades are individually packed in wax paper, thanks to which you won’t accidentally cut yourself and the blades will stay in excellent condition. The traditional replaceable blade is sharp and thin, allowing it to reach the root of the hair. A single blade also does not strain the skin as much as a multi-bladed razor.

You can shave about 20 times with a single replaceable blade."

It's a Finish company and I really would like to know in which country and factory this blade was made. Are they made in Finland? The last sentence gave me some doubts about this blade. 20 shaves? Of course, it's for women they don't shave their beards... unless if they're Middle Eastern :letterk1: (hey hey wait before you report me! I can make that joke because I'm an Arabic man - and you can't laugh because that makes you a ...ist :biggrin1:)!

I decided to sacrifice my face (again) and here is the setup I used to shave with this time:

View attachment 1753528

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Geisha Shaver Blade
Cream: Proraso Cypress & Vetyver
Brush: Semogue 820
Aftershave: Repubblica di Genova

Pass 1 - WTG:
I had a 5 day of beard growth to shave so like always I took a hot shower first. Made the later in my cup and then I loaded the blade in my Progress and dialed in the highest setting which is the 5th. I started with the WTG, sideburns first. I didn't expect this but the blade was very sharp and smooth. There was no pulling, no tugging this blade felt really like a high quality blade. I really would put in the same boat as the Astra SP and Permasharp, it's definitely not an inferior blade like the My-Blades blades I reviewed the last time. I was done with the *** and rinsed my face and applied the lather on my face. (yes FACE not LEGS).

Pass 2 - XTG:
Time for the XTG, I started on the sideburns and cheeks. I noticed that the blade was a little bit aggressive so I played with the settings of the Merkur Progress. I dialed in the lowest setting and it was perfect! No nicks, no tugging, no razor burns this is what I can call a perfect shave with a perfect razor and blade. It felt like I was shaving with a Permasharp, during this pass I still was convinced that this is a high quality blade and it works great in a mild razor. At this point I already had a BBS on my cheeks but its a must to do an ATG. Rinse face, apply lather and....

Pass 3 - ATG:
Really on my face there was nothing to shave, when I did an ATG on my cheeks I couldn't hear the blade cutting anything. Everything went perfect on the jawline, chin and neck and the stache area. The blade was still as sharp like during the first pass. I had a full BBS, those shaves are the best ones as in when you're faceturbating you'll be like "oh yeah that feels so freaking great". I really had no nicks, no razor burns my face felt super soft afterwards. I tried to do some touch ups but there wasn't anything to shave. After I was done shaving I rinsed my face with cold water and applied the aftershave.

My thoughts:
This blade really surprised me because I didn't expect it to be such a good blade. I never thought I would ever shave my face with a blade that was made for women, but hey women use "men" blades too. I think that the claim about this blade lasting 20 shaves for women is true. It did such a great job on my whiskers which are thick and curly (I'm Arabic) so I bet my whiskers are monsters compared to those hairs on the legs of some white girl with super soft hair. (pubic hair is a different discussion :001_tt2:)

I would place this blade between the Astra SP and Permasharp, it's a sharp blade but not Feather sharp however this blade will leave you with a super smooth BBS. I think I can shave 4-8 times with this blade but like I said it works great in a mild blade. I have no idea how it would work out in an open comb razor like the Fatip.

I'm not sure if these blades are available in the US but I'm convinced that European companies should really also focus on the US since there is (I assume) a bigger market compared to the EU. I paid 9,90 euro for 50 blades. 100 blades would be around 20 euro to me this sounds like a fair price, kinda like the Permasharps.

I didn't get their razor because ... well I just didn't :lol: I can't say anything about them but they're not that expensive. There are some reviews about their razor and the reviews are very positive: Geisha Shaver - https://geishashaver.com/collections/geisha-shaver/products/geisha-shaver

I want to finish this review with a joke, their website states the following:

View attachment 1753544

:stuart:

I dare their customers to join this board :barbershop_quartet_
Hmm, maybe. Wish you had specified what size purse... 🫠

Top Bottom