What's new

Mr. Shiny Face shaves. Anyone get those?

Someone on this board once mentioned getting Mr. Shiny Face shaves. Shaves that are so even and consistent that one actually exfoliates perfectly and kinda glows for a bit. I can get those kind of shaves with fixed angle SE razors with very sharp blades. For example, a Twig with a Bic CP or a Katana with a Injector II blade.

AC razors can meet the above angle, SE and very sharp requirements but something about the width of the razor prevents the Shiny effect. My Twig has been PIFed as it cut me too much, but my Katana with an Injector II on cleanup duty does the job at the moment. I am looking forward to opening my Parker Soloedge next month. Hopefully it can give me a Shiny shave as well. I would image a Henson might do the same thing, but I can only simulate that with a Yaqi Tile (again next month).

Anyone else get Mr. Shiny Face shaves?

Use a dab of Liquid Talc or a light dusting of talcum powder applied with a piece of foam, to minimize inhalation as barbers often do.

Yep sometimes but I don’t find that to be good or desirable. It means I crossed the line with over exfoliation.

After that shine comes oily skin which is a clear sign of damaged barrier.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I get the effect of shine or sheen on my skin with some soaps. Today, using a straight razor and MWF produces a desirable tallow-lanolin sheen that is visible. Simpson mutton tallow soaps also have a similar outcome on my skin. No redness or overly shaved though.

I get the effect of shine or sheen on my skin with some soaps. Today, using a straight razor and MWF produces a desirable tallow-lanolin sheen that is visible. Simpson mutton tallow soaps also have a similar outcome on my skin. No redness or overly shaved though.
That means you got a great shave!

Top Bottom