What's new

2015-16 English Premier League/Champion's League

thanks for those. NBC doesn't show the content in my area, Canada. ESPN most recent highlights when you click on the premier league link is from May

gettyfooty.com and fooballorgin.net

I sometimes watch highlights and match replays on these sites.

There's only ONE UNITED!!!

Last edited:
Their is something about not wanting to root for one of the big four that holds me back, and I'd probably be an Arsenal guy if I went that way. As it is, I'm leaning toward Liverpool or West Ham, who will almost always be competitive, but something about a longshot like Norwich or Swansea is mighty appealing.

Their is something about not wanting to root for one of the big four that holds me back, and I'd probably be an Arsenal guy if I went that way. As it is, I'm leaning toward Liverpool or West Ham, who will almost always be competitive, but something about a longshot like Norwich or Swansea is mighty appealing.

For minnows, I like Southampton. Attractive soccer, south coast team, surprises the big 4 a few times during the season. Players poached/bought and they reload from their Academy.

For minnows, I like Southampton. Attractive soccer, south coast team, surprises the big 4 a few times during the season. Players poached/bought and they reload from their Academy.

They were surprisingly competitive last season, and I was happy to see them make it to the Europa League.

Two weeks now in the books. 4 teams remain perfect at 6 points, and 2 teams yet to earn a single point.

City's 3-0 thrashing of Chelsea was the highlight of the weekend, moving City to the top of the table on goal differential. At the other end is Sunderland; 0 points and -4 goal differential.

The upcoming week has Liverpool v Arsenal from the Emirates on Monday Night Futbol!

Is Mourinho the caricature he looks like from the media reports?
Pretty much, although his comments after losing to City this week were especially crazy. He has an impressive record as a coach but I don't really care for his style of play. The whole 'sit back on the ball once we've got the lead' aka 'parking the bus' is effective, but boring to watch.

sleepy

Is Mourinho the caricature he looks like from the media reports?

He's just a translator who got his start in management cheating, moved on to spend a lot of money at other clubs, and is smart enough to leave a club before it all falls apart.

Yes, he is like the old tv show about him:

$10special1tv.480.jpg

I'm kidding a little bit, but there is some truth in there too.

If you haven't watched the old show "The Special One" which was on the old Setanta Sports channel then you should search them out, they are funny if you remember what was going on in the football world at the time they were filmed.

Last edited:
HE's alright as a MAnager . . . good enough to keep a decent Club safe, which is why this year will be an adventure.

You'll see that he is a very good coach, but terrible as a manager. His grasp on tactics is laughable, team selection poor, and management of players is questionable at best. Surprisingly his ability to spot talent is not bad.

I would love to test Jose's mettle by putting him in charge of a club like Swansea, and see how he does. My MOTHER could run out a decent 11 at Chelsea.

After 3 weeks, Manchester City sit atop the EPL table, 2 points clear of 4 other teams.

How is your team doing 3 weeks in?

Newcastle United Football Club . . . DON'T ASK ME THAT !!!

17th, right where I expect them to be at the end of the Season.

Last edited:
Three weeks in and I have found myself immersed in football. Yesterday was thrilling to follow all the Capital One Cup matches. And the EUFA Champions League. CONCACAF Champions League. I had no idea. I have also very much enjoyed trying to dig into the history of the sport and the clubs. It is so much more than the EPL, the entire league system(s) has me intrigued. Fascinating stuff.

Of the three EPL sides that I had chosen to potentially follow, the Swans have been the most enjoyable to watch given my naïve eye.

Three weeks in and I have found myself immersed in football. Yesterday was thrilling to follow all the Capital One Cup matches. And the EUFA Champions League. CONCACAF Champions League. I had no idea. I have also very much enjoyed trying to dig into the history of the sport and the clubs. It is so much more than the EPL, the entire league system(s) has me intrigued. Fascinating stuff.

Of the three EPL sides that I had chosen to potentially follow, the Swans have been the most enjoyable to watch given my naïve eye.

And the fact Swansea are Welsh, not English, is more reason to support the Swans.

Top Bottom