What's new

2015-16 English Premier League/Champion's League

I don't think that will actually happen, but both sides of the Tyne Wear derby are sucking wind these days. With the Toon it is Ashley's manner of running the team . . . profit over promotion. He is more interested in selling on his best assets/players rather than doing the necessaries to put a team on the pitch that can advance into the upper echelons and challenge for the title. For him, the team is simply another revenue stream in his corporate empire.

What's up with the northeast? Newcastle and Sunderland both may go down.

I think you are right, they both look pathetic and overpaid.

I just read somewhere that Sunderland offered silly money, like 9 million quid to try to get Borini back from Liverpool, and Borini isn't too keen on a move back there. Can't blame him really.

Newcastle, well yes they did buy an impressive young Frenchman, but they need a whole new back 4 if they have any chance of a good season. Oh yes, they need to drop the Wally with a Brolly too :)

For the most part, if the Toon are not involved, I am more interested in simply watching an entertaining match. That said, I am ECSTATIC to see that Chelsea puked all over their boots in losing to Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace side, today.

SUCK IT, JOSE . . .

For the most part, if the Toon are not involved, I am more interested in simply watching an entertaining match. That said, I am ECSTATIC to see that Chelsea puked all over their boots in losing to Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace side, today.

SUCK IT, JOSE . . .

+ 100

QPR fan for my sins. Blame my shepherds bush born father. Working for BT, I've got access to premier, champions and Europa leagues. Not that my shower would darken their doors

QPR fan for my sins. Blame my shepherds bush born father. Working for BT, I've got access to premier, champions and Europa leagues. Not that my shower would darken their doors

A friend is a QPR fan. Tough season last year. Here's to a bounce back from the Championship.

My kids' soccer club was inspired at founding by QPR, and my oldest wore the hoops for 5 years.

A friend is a QPR fan. Tough season last year. Here's to a bounce back from the Championship.

Here here.

Saturday is the game with Man Utd. All can enjoy as it is the game of the week on NBC after cartoons.

It comes on after Sigmund the Seamonster, right? :wink:

Here's to a Reds victory!

sleepy

FTFY, :wink:

Saturday is the game with Man Utd. All can enjoy as it is the game of the week on NBC after cartoons.

700 million people watched the last Man U v Liverpool match, compare that to 120 million for the Superbowl, or 180 million for the Champion's League final.

$manchester-united-liverpool-stats_3349073.jpg

I just finished watching my Reds beat QPR this morning. QPR have a nice looking new squad (how they got away with buying all those players this summer with the MASSIVE amount of debt they are running is beyond me), but they lack pace at the back and lost the battle in midfield today. I still think QPR will make the playoffs this season though, and if they can somehow manage to keep Charlie up front for the whole season they might make top 2. Fending off premiership interest in him come January will be a massive task.

I'm not too hopeful this season for my boys from Nottingham. They are playing by the financial fair play rules (other teams are choosing to not play by those rules...) which has really hurt Forest as they are not allowed to pay a fee for any player, and limit new salaries for loans or free transfers to 10,000 pounds per week. I'm hoping for a miracle finish around the playoffs, we've been out of the top flight for way too long. COYR!

It was not a fine day today for us - Green getting carded ended the points chase. Confident we'll be up there. The FFP is a joke, as a number of teams get past the rules!

Need to source a look at Martial's goal today for United!

Liverpool wets the bed for the second straight week. Benteke's bicycle for the Reds only goal was spectacular. Martin Skrtel was spun like a top on Marcial goal.

Chelsea lost, so there is redemption.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
i have always just watched and not supported. But have always wanted a team to route for just to have a little more skin in the game. Well, about two weeks ago i stumbled upon a sergio aguero highlight reel and i was hooked. Man city is my team i have decided. And as luck would have it, just last week i was in a sporting good store only to find an authentic 2013/2014 man city home jersey on sale for $35 in my size. So now i'm ready!!

To top it off, there are a few man u supporters in my office so now we have some rivalry at work.

city!!!!

To be fair, Palace can feel hard done by today. they played their butts off against the League leaders, and were full value for a draw and a share of the spoils. Sadly, cruel fate had other plans.

Still, Everton stuck to Chelsea, so the weekend is not a total loss.

Hey, Mike Ashley . . . go suck a lemon. The ONLY consolation is that Sunderland are WORSE.

Newcastle are the strongest team in the league, they are holding every other team up being bottom of the table :001_smile

Top Bottom