What's new

90 Day Challenge

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm down over three pounds since starting. Exercise has been hit-n-miss, and mostly miss, but I've been watching what I eat and still trimming a bit.

Combo of stress, an extremely hectic life lately and making time for workouts when possible, and I'm down another 3 pounds to 258.

Was 267 when I started this challenge so I'm down 9 pounds. Goal was to hit 250. Won't reach it, but I'm incredibly pleased.

Overall for the year, I'm "officially" down 34 pounds. Unofficially it's probably close to 40. My youngest son told me yesterday I'm "lookin slim."

Combo of stress, an extremely hectic life lately and making time for workouts when possible, and I'm down another 3 pounds to 258.

Was 267 when I started this challenge so I'm down 9 pounds. Goal was to hit 250. Won't reach it, but I'm incredibly pleased.

Overall for the year, I'm "officially" down 34 pounds. Unofficially it's probably close to 40. My youngest son told me yesterday I'm "lookin slim."
Congrats! 34-40lbs is a great achievement.

Went to gym yesterday. On aa weekday no less.
treadmill run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute for 20 minutes. No calf pain.

When your kids start saying something you know you are looking good! :thumbup1:

Nice work, everybody! A few pounds here, 10 pounds there, 40 pounds this year... slow and steady wins the race! I stalled a little bit on my journey this week (weight stable or up a half a pound), but still doing okay.

Nice work, everybody! A few pounds here, 10 pounds there, 40 pounds this year... slow and steady wins the race! I stalled a little bit on my journey this week (weight stable or up a half a pound), but still doing okay.

You are still doing great and have a lot of time left!

I am trying to do a bicycle-riding streak this year, riding my stationary or outdoor bike 5 miles every day for one year. I started on January 12 and have 48 days to go to achieve this goal.

Got on the scale this afternoon, after my indoor bike workout, and the scale said 255. That's another 3 pounds since last week. Granted, some of it was water weight after a sweaty workout, but still, I'm incredibly pleased and a little shocked.

If you do the work, the results you want are attainable. I'd hoped to hit 250 by tomorrow, but I'm still counting this as a success.

Thanks again guys for this thread, and for keeping me accountable. Wishing you all success!

My goals:
15 pound drop to under 220.
Fit my old size 36 pants without breaking seams or doing myself an injury.
Be able to wear my Slim Fit 16 1/2" shirts without threat of high velocity button bursts.
Be able to run 1.5 miles without need to call 911.

How:
Increase time at gym to at least once weekly.
Exercise in house at least 20 minutes, at least 4 days a week.
Walk dog 2x per day, start run/walk.
Log food on MFP.
Cut carbs - no soda, no wheat, no potatoes, no less chocolate.

The end result.
5 lb drop that remained after Thanksgiving.
36 pants still a bit away, BUT, did drop one notch on the belt.
Can wear one of the 16 1/2" shirts, but not the SlimFit.
Can run 2 munutes with dropping dead. Increase of 1 minute 45 seconds over when I started.

Gym - 6 visits in 12 weeks. Need to do more.
Exercise in house did not happen.
Dog looks at me with faint hope.
Did start to run/walk before calf strain excuse.
MFP AWOL.
Cut carbs - ate less bread, less fast food, much less soda, slightly less chocolate.

Verdict - some gains and a modest step in the right direction, but overall not at all impressive and verging on downright embarrassing.

New regimen starts tomorrow.
Congrats to those who did better and thank you for the encouragement.

I am in starting today!

Goals:
Lose 20 pounds by end of November
Decrease waist size to 33
Do 20 strict form pull-ups
Run my running route 5K in 28 minutes or better

How:
Stop eating out so much
Stop buying ice cream, beer, chips and other junk food when doing groceries
Exercise daily for 20 minutes
Drink lots of water

Thanks Tony I need this. :thumbup1:

Lost ten pounds mainly through eating healthy and this thread. During the next challenge I plan to exercise more.

For me I lost about another 5 or 6 pounds and have been maintaining pretty well. :thumbup1: All of my current goals are fitness related rather than weight but I do want to add some muscle as well so that's the next 90 days.

Congrats all who participated and lost!

I lost many pounds and several inches by watching what I was eating. I started walking a little, but not enough to count as exercise, and I really started to slack on my food choices towards the end. My weight loss really got stuck the last few weeks.

So, where's the sign-up for the next challenge? [emoji14]

Top Bottom