What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

BODHI AKHBAR - One of the biggest-budget non-US movies ever made. This three-hour Bollywood biopic was made by the same people who brought you the superb LAGAAN, and tells of an arranged marriage that might unite the Indian sub-continent. A cast of thousands...wild elephants...eye-popping colors everywhere... Don't look for accurate history, but it has has loads of fun moments. *** of four

Watched the Lego Movie with my daughter yesterday. Suprisingly not a bad movie. I liked it alot and would watch it again, especially with her.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part I (good movie...I love this series)
Dumb and Dumber To (wasn't nearly as good as the first but it had its moments that caused me to laugh)

Predestination: A weird little movie that looks at the paradoxes that could occur when you travel through time. It was pretty good, although I will admit that there was one scene that was spoilt for me because all I could think was "that is Paranoid Rob Lowe who has cable".

THE HOMESMAN - A plain-speakng farmer (Hylary Swank) saves a man (Tommy Lee Jones) from hanging in exchange from a thankless job - to convey three unhinged women across Wyoming in a portable insane asylum. I've never seen a western even remotely like this grim, drily comic story. ***1/2 of four

$maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The Raid: Redemption - I forget how/why I put this into my queue, but I am glad I did. The story is simple, an Indonesian SWAT team is tasked with clearing a drug lord out of his lair, a high-rise tenement apt building. Once the alarm is raised, it becomes a fight for survival against an apt building populated with armed criminals.

Lots of action, including plenty of the indigenous martial art of Indonesia called Pencak Silat, which is crazy fun to watch. This is subtitled, but don't worry - there aren't any long convoluted soul-searching soliloquies in this movie.

The Raid: Redemption - I forget how/why I put this into my queue, but I am glad I did. The story is simple, an Indonesian SWAT team is tasked with clearing a drug lord out of his lair, a high-rise tenement apt building. Once the alarm is raised, it becomes a fight for survival against an apt building populated with armed criminals.

Lots of action, including plenty of the indigenous martial art of Indonesia called Pencak Silat, which is crazy fun to watch. This is subtitled, but don't worry - there aren't any long convoluted soul-searching soliloquies in this movie.
You should see The Raid 2. It's even better imho.

The Imitation Game: It's based on the life of Alan Turing and focuses on his efforts to break the Enigma code during WW2. Excellent movie, from every aspect. 100/100.

Last edited:
THE STRANGE LITTLE CAT - This German comedy covers the daily lives of a typical busy family, but the pace of the everyday events is tighter - but still extremely naturalistic. The humor is deadpan to the point of being almost non-existent, but once you get into it, the film is captivating. Everyday life isn't so typical, after all. ***1/2 of four

$Download-Stream-Watch-The-Strange-Little-Cat-Online-Free-720x340.png

Saw Baymax with the mrs and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It was in Japanese but I imagined a lot of those jokes would sound better in English. Did kind of have an E.T. feel to it though.

Dallas Buyers Club

Great movie with a very raw feeling that shows in the characters' performances and the cinematography. Recommended.

RESERVOIR DOGS - I first saw this in a theater, and was impressed. On video, it's still an intense, violent, and strangely comic piece of pulp filmmaking. Loyalties between a group of hoods fray when cops drop in on a diamond heist. ***1/2 of four

$reservoir_dogs_by_riikardo-d56z0eq.jpg

RESERVOIR DOGS - I first saw this in a theater, and was impressed. On video, it's still an intense, violent, and strangely comic piece of pulp filmmaking. Loyalties between a group of hoods fray when cops drop in on a diamond heist. ***1/2 of four

I rewatched it about a month ago, for what seems like the 20th time...it is always as good as I remember.

And you gotta love the soundtrack.

The Imitation Game - It's about British intelligence agency MI6. In 1939, recruiting math wizzards to break the Nazi codes, including the Enigma machine and some life pieces of Alan Turing. I give it 3 of 5 stars.

Top Bottom