What's new

Thoughts on testing a trigger mod.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Alright gents, so I think the I got the Elftmann up and running again. To bring everyone up to speed it was fine, then somewhere around the 5K (maybe 10K) round count mark the trigger stoped resetting but tapping the side of the trigger shoe would cause it to reset. Flash forward and after talking to Efftmann a few issues were addressed. The first was that the disconnect spring could have been crushed. The other possible issue that was mentioned was that the sear and the disconnector might be hitting each other. New spings, new grub screws, and loctite were send out gratis along with a link to a video showing how to file the sear to correct the issue. Well, I started with the spring and that didn't help. There was definately intereference so filing occured. The odd click that I was experiencing c0cking the hammer disappeared. Good to go but I wanted to address function testing. Process went like this and was performed in a safe area with a 24" diameter gum tree as a backstop. C0ck hammer while on safe, pull trigger and make sure it doesn't drop. Put safety on fire and pull trigger, listen for hammer to drop. While holding trigger rearward re-c0ck hammer and listen for reset. Good to go! Load magazine, chamber a round (making sure that the hammer isn't following the bolt), while on safe pull on trigger as hard as possible. No bang. Put safety on fire, fire a round and make sure no doubles, triples, or run aways. Fire another round, hold trigger rearward again, release and listen for reset and NO bang (sear is holding). Put on safe and pull hard again. No bang. Put on fire and fire 3 rounds fast. Hold rearward and then listen for reset. Resets and no bang. Check safety is holding again. Repeat with five rounds until magazine is empty with safety tests after every string of fire. Load another mag and repeat twice for a grand total of 75 rounds. The only thing I forgot was a drop test (unloaded of course) but am I missing anything else? Want to be as safe as possible and NOT end up on the news! Thank you for the input, advice, and criticism of anything I did wrong/forgot.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Above my pay grade but it sounds about right. You might discuss your results with Elftmann CS again?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Above my pay grade but it sounds about right. You might discuss your results with Elftmann CS again?
Well, to be 100% honest I kinda followed TriggerTech's trigger installation procedure. As mentioned I missed the unloaded drop test (but will be performing that after work tomorrow). I will be reaching back out to Marissa and crew at Elft to make sure I didn't miss anything. Tonights hunt was a sucess with no dead trigger and I got Mr. Jingles brother. Seems to be working as intended again and I really like it but the Hiperfire has me intrigued. Built with some added features for protection from the battering PCCs put on triggers. The Tippmann isn't a PCC per se but blowback operation is blowback operation to a point, right?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, to be 100% honest I kinda followed TriggerTech's trigger installation procedure. As mentioned I missed the unloaded drop test (but will be performing that after work tomorrow). I will be reaching back out to Marissa and crew at Elft to make sure I didn't miss anything. Tonights hunt was a sucess with no dead trigger and I got Mr. Jingles brother. Seems to be working as intended again and I really like it but the Hiperfire has me intrigued. Built with some added features for protection from the battering PCCs put on triggers. The Tippmann isn't a PCC per se but blowback operation is blowback operation to a point, right?

Now, just stone a bit off the disconnector and firing pin and see if you can go full auto? :)

I would say your testing is as good as it can be. Put a linear comp on to change your sound signature and if you double or triple, its unlikely anyone will notice. Running a stoned ALG AK-EL is about as high performance as I get these days.

Top Bottom