What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Alien AI: Abducted. This should have been called Rob Morrow goes looking for his mother. Do people actually spend money making these Xumo movies?

I watched The Bricklayer (2023) another in the recent trend of professionals who are also skilled secret agents. This was just okay.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
"The Zone of Interest" - I thought it was outstanding.

"Civil War" - also a good film.

Neither films were "easy" watches and I'll refrain from over commenting, but I found both to be worthwhile.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Going to rewatch several of the greatest Samurai movies ever made. On MAX.
Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, The Hidden Fortress. Possibly the Lone Wolf and Cub series.
Hidden Fortress is cited as a fairly big influence in Star Wars (episode 4).

The Circle (1925). A Borzage silent recorded off TCM. It was watchable, but I'm not a Borzage fan. While some silent film sites rate Sunrise as one of the greatest silents, I find his films average and predictable.

THE WIND (1928). Lillian Gish's last silent. 90 min of howling wind and blowing sand, generated by 6 aircraft engines in a desert setting. Brutal to watch. You have to admire the silent actors, who endured those conditions, especially Lillian Gish who took the brunt of it.

The Mad Miss Manton (1938) with Barbara Stanwyck and Henry Fonda on MAX. It's a comedy/crime film with Stanwyck and her society friends in mink coats investigating a missing corpse, which annoys the police. Hattie McDaniel also has a few good lines. She's always a treat to watch. Silly, but even my wife enjoyed it.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
All 6 Lone Wolf And Cub movies (1972-74)
I thought I saw a resemblance/similarity to the Blind Swordsman/Zatochi movies, which I saw most of. Found that the actor playing Ogami Itto (Lone Wolf), Tomisaburo Wakayama, is the older brother of Shintaro Katsu, who played Zatoichi in all 25+ Blind Swordsman movies; Katsu also produced the first two Lone Wolf movies.

Very entertaining series. The violence is near cartoonish; if you're offended by female nudity, don't watch it.

Top Bottom