What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I saw The Town today, I thought it was pretty good. Reminded me a little of Heat.

All through the movie though I kept staring at the stubble on the majority of the actors thinking, why don't they ever shave?

I've noticed that in movies and their posters.

The "I just got out of bed haircut and need a shave look" is quite popular now-a-days.:lol:

I know it's sad but some of my Brethren wanted to see it; Jackass 3D. Typically I find people doing destructive things to their bodies, well, questionable. This was ridiculously crazy fun. Much tamer than the previous releases and the series from what I'm told.

i watched A History of Violence last night. It was ok. I did not exactly understand it, so that may explain why I did not particularly care for it.

Predators.

It was ok, not great but not terrible. The imagery was good, but then it was on Blu-Ray.

I don't generally care for Adrien Brody but he did OK in this one.

Last edited:
Like Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, I can only take Jim Carrey in very small doses.

Well, you have a leg up on me. I cannot stand any of them, even in small doses. It is a miracle I made it through this movie and an even bigger one that I liked Jim Carrey's acting.

The Killer Inside Me (Casey Affleck, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson, Ned Beatty) - pretty twisted. I liked the feel of the movie, set in 1950s western Texas. Perhaps too many threads in the story, but it held my attention all the way through. Overall, I quite liked it.

Last edited:
I watched Howl's Moving Castle earlier today. Good movie, but not as good as Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke. I am a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki's movies.

I watched To Have and Have Not with Bogart and Lauren Bacall last night. Now I'm watching the Caine Mutiny. Been on a Bogart kick lately. They just said that they should melt the ship and use it for razor blades, I think I just read that on here some where a few weeks ago.

Now I'm watching the Caine Mutiny. Been on a Bogart kick lately. They just said that they should melt the ship and use it for razor blades, I think I just read that on here some where a few weeks ago.
That was actually me that said that. A member was lodging a complaint about throwing away used blades and fouling the environment, and I said that we joked in the Navy about melting down worn out ships and making razor blades, why not melt down old razor blades and make ships.

The "Caine Mutiny" is probably my favorite novel. I reread it every 2-3 years. Unfortunately, as much as I liked Bogey, the movie of the Caine Mutiny wasn't able to go into much depth at all due to "movie lengths", and I found it lacking. "To Have and Have Not" is great fun, though. "What are you trying to do, Steve? Guess her weight?"

That movie was the beginning of the Bogart/Bacall love affair that is legendary.

We went out and saw Waiting for Superman on Friday night. It was really well done and very eye opening. It is incredible there are tons of kids that are essentially set up to fail because of where they live and their only real chance to succeed is based on a lottery where at best they have a 5 - 1 chance of getting into a good school.

A cool thing was at the theater we saw the movie at we got a voucher to donate $15 to a project at donorschoose.org. We are in the process of picking a project to dontate to now. It is sad the number of teachers that just want basic stuff like construction paper and pencils.

Go see this one if it is anywhere close to you.

I watched The Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr. tonight with my 7 1/2 year old, getting in the mood for Halloween. I recorded Frankenstein meets the Wolfman a few days ago, think we'll watch that later in the week. It's funny, he actually says he likes the old movies better than new ones. When we watched The Caine Mutiny last night he picked out Bogey but couldn't remember his name.

Last edited:
I watched Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind this morning. The movie was good, but I felt it was a tad bit long at times. Overall, the message was gotten across, just like all of Miyazaki's movies are able to.

Suspect Zero, a thriller that I'd never heard of. Ben Kingsley is in it and is good as usual. Plot was not great but was okay. Worth a spot on the Netflix queue.

I watched the original "Highlander" movie for the first time the other day. It was kinda cheezy but good. I used to watch the TV series all the time when I was a kid. I even had the knockoff version of Duncan's sword! :blushing:

Top Bottom