What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Watched The Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug and Fast & Furious 6 last night. Both of them were excellent. Not sure how I feel about the plans to use a computer generation of Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7.

I am wondering about this as well, but i think it will be good. Since i doubt Diesel and crew would be ok with them doing that if they didn't feel it was going to turn out ok.

Saw and really enjoyed The Great Beauty, the Oscar winner for best foreign film this year. It's like a modern version of La Dolce Vita, except shorter, and with sync sound.

Part 1, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Part 2, Oldboy
and today Part 3 of The Vengeance Trilogy...Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

WOWSERS....you want to talk about a Vengeance movie? The first two parts had nothing on this one. :scared:

By far the most powerful and emotional of the three. It's not for everyone, but if you enjoyed the original OldBoy, the other two parts are worth checking out.

I'd suggesting looking up the plot to make sure it's something you can handle. It's not a graphical violent movie, but implied. My wife would not have enjoyed it, but she's not one for Korean Revenge movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frozen, by choice of my wife and daughter. I don't get all the hype. I give it a big "meh" though the payoff device at the end surprised me.

Captain Phillips. 10/10. Very entertaining. Excellent filmmaking and story telling.

Be sure to check out the subtitled "A Hijacking" from 2012 and you will see where they got a lot of their ideas...it was a very good movie.

They are exactly the same but a whole lot of similarities.

I seem to be heading back to the movies I was watching 5-6 years ago...foreign, indie, non Hollywood,and loving all of them.

Just went to London for a few days so I watched Die Hard 2 on the way out and Alan Partridge Alpha Papa on the way back. AP was very funny for a Brit. I tried to watch Gravity but Sandra Bullock got on my nerves.

^^
Steve Coogan is the man!

Watched Red last night. Liked some of the individual actors but the overall movie was terrible.

Documentaries aren't a big favorite around these parts, but We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks turns out to be a revealing, evenhanded account of the controversy. It's the first time somebody has moved beyond the standard speaking points - which is exactly what a documentary should do.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Easy Rider​, twice. I watched it a couple nights ago while having a few beers, and I made my sister watch it this afternoon.

Murder in the First - a 1995 drama starring young Christian Slater and Kevin Bacon. A splashy but interesting story of a fledgeling lawyer (Slater) saddled with a client (Bacon) who's clearly guilty, but may have been victimized by the department of corrections.

Top Bottom