What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Last night, the Mrs. and I watched the 1995 movie, "The Usual Suspects", staring Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio del Toro, Chazz Palminteri, Kevin Pollak, Kevin Spacey and Pete Postlethwaite.

It was a great flick, but the farther along the movie goes, the more you realize that not everything is quite what it seems, and be that as it may, what began as a simple 'who-dun-it' plot.....turns into something quite different (it had us guessing and 'on out toes'). :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Attachments

• $1800243088p.jpg
    $1800243088p.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 61
Splice - what a horrible, horrible film :thumbdown

prior to that the missus and I watched the edited for tv version of Spaceballs. I had to give my wife crap because she had never seen Star Wars and has openly told me how much she hated comedies. but she grew up watching Spaceballs so it was all of a sudden ok to watch. I know Mel Brooks doesn't pretend Spaceballs is a masterpiece or anything but I have to get the wife to watch Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein to know true comedy

The Ghost and the Darkness!! One of my favorites and always makes me want to go back to Africa.

Love that movie.

My last movie: Reservoir Dogs, first time I'd watched it since college. Sadly, it has not aged well for me. IMO, it and Pulp Fiction were imitated so thoroughly and so often that the original films have lost some of the shine that made them groundbreaking. A shame.

Love that movie.

My last movie: Reservoir Dogs, first time I'd watched it since college. Sadly, it has not aged well for me. IMO, it and Pulp Fiction were imitated so thoroughly and so often that the original films have lost some of the shine that made them groundbreaking. A shame.

For me it was just the opposite...

I watched "The Adjustment Bureau" last night. Great movie! Reminded me of a 1955 science fiction novel by Issac Asimov, called "The End of Eternity". Good lessons here. Definitely recommend it. Your non-scifi lady will love this movie as well.

I Saw the Devil. Brutal revenge flick, with some Asian actor playing a heck of a creepy psychopath bad guy. Over the top violent, but good.

Gone With the Wind. Surprisingly not bad! But soooo long.

I am slowly working my way through the American Film Institute's Top 100 Movies (revised list), and I am not looking forward to that. It tips the scales at number six on their list...but I may skip it since I saw it in junior high.

Dave :ihih:

Arranged:
A great film about two young female teachers in New York, one Jewish and one Muslim. There is expected tension from everybody else - but the two become great friends. They find common ground in the way their cultures disregard the world (or popular culture), traditions, dress, and how they are subjected to (semi)arranged marriages. The film mostly focuses on the last part and is a wonderful film. It was clean (a must for me) and wonderfully done.

Top Bottom