What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

So the kitchen sink has plugged up again. I trot out my 25' drain snake and it's too short. Sigh. So now the plumber is coming out tomorrow. From what they charge it's apparent...I should've gone into that trade...yes it can be unpleasant but at some point you always need a plumber. Sigh.

So I decided to turn over a new "Leaf". Yeah, yeah...here it comes, I just got the twig "Thorn". It's a different kinda critter. A single edge half DE blade shaver. Ok. It came with a few of their blades so I loaded up and off we went. I used Proraso green in a lather bowl and built up a nice head of soap. Lathered my phi and began. Very light and manoeuvrable a bit slippery but nothing to worry about. I used a pre-shave oil and I think that's the last time I do that. I just felt greasy and gummy. I'm sure it doesn't do the razor much good either. Live and learn. The shave was uneventful and this is the more 'Aggressive" razor than the Twig. I dunno, it shaved well but never did I think "Whoa, I better pay more attention". Three passes with some buffing and I'm good to go. I like this goofy looking thing which uses a magnet to help hold the blade while you tighten it up. It was a bit awkward loading the blade but I'll get used to it. All in all a nicely priced and effective shaving tool.

View attachment 1809031View attachment 1809032View attachment 1809033
Thanks for the review.

So today I thought a re-connection collection of wildlife and zoo pics of animals from over the years would be fun. Some of the pics may be repeats but...I don't care. I'll give a brief/extended explanation per pic just to place the subject and context properly. Forget timelines though because all the pics are from either waaay back or fairly recently.

We're in Vernon BC visiting friends and went to this raptor exhibition where we got to "interact" with various birds of prey from a Kestrel to a vulture. Here I'm bonding with a Harris hawk...well trying to bond, the bird couldn't care less.
View attachment 1810039

The Harris hawk..."You looking at me?" "Do you have food?"
View attachment 1810040

Scottish Highland cattle and polka-dot sheep from our whisky tour of the Highlands
View attachment 1810041

A squadron/pod/brief of pelicans while we're in Mexico. All the names for a group of pelicans are correct. Who knew?
View attachment 1810042

A gathering of coati-mundi's in Mexico. Relatives of raccoons and just as inquisitive
View attachment 1810043

Lizard outside our hotel in Mexico
View attachment 1810044

Small croc just off the pathway at the hotel in Mexico
View attachment 1810045

Large Iguana by the golf course where our friends had a condo at Nuevo Vallarta
View attachment 1810046

Baby Jaguar in the golf shop where our friends golfed in Nuevo Vallarta. The course (El Tigre) had a tiger(s), jaguars they kept in cages around the course.
View attachment 1810047

The crocs. They were brought in originally, to deal with the drowned livestock from flooding years ago. The guide said they released 500 and re-captured 250 or so. Hmm so they now have a thriving population of crocodiles. The Mexican pronunciation is "Cocodrilo" which sounds less scary but as you can see...it's still damn scary. We were on a boat tour that showed off some incredible houses and the river winding through them with all the crocodiles. You cans see how close they get to the houses etc.
I imagine there's been some questions like "Honey, have you seen the dog?"
View attachment 1810048
That look from the Harris Hawk...Was it "Do you have food" or "Are you food"?

Gorgeous raptor

So apart from the plumbing issues...todays shave was very nice. I used a PolSilver on its 4th shave with my Chiseled Face brass Legacy razor. This is a really good shaver, very intuitive, easy to manoeuvre, efficient and seems to be kinda under the radar.
Lathered up with one of my Arteffa soaps and got to shaving. No drama just a really pleasant, smooth 3 pass shave. Did the alum and Thayers and that was it.
Also the cat with her ceramic "pal".
Cheers!
tempImagepP58ts.png
tempImageRUIaHm.png

So apart from the plumbing issues...todays shave was very nice. I used a PolSilver on its 4th shave with my Chiseled Face brass Legacy razor. This is a really good shaver, very intuitive, easy to manoeuvre, efficient and seems to be kinda under the radar.
Lathered up with one of my Arteffa soaps and got to shaving. No drama just a really pleasant, smooth 3 pass shave. Did the alum and Thayers and that was it.
Also the cat with her ceramic "pal".
Cheers!
View attachment 1814038View attachment 1814039
Ron makes beautiful handles. Haven't tried his full razors.

Well damn...I cant seem to resist (it's futile). Got to thinking about the Ancient Copper ink by Diamine that Boris told me about and well...I bought some along with a new pen, the Lamy Aion with the EF nib, which was on sale at a "promo" price and a converter as well.
Yep...I like fountain pens...quite a bit it seems.
gr_25184.jpg

Perhaps we should start a letter writing group wherein we actually physically write letters to each other so as to put our pens to proper use and not just use this forum for discussions and insights. I know I'd really enjoy getting something in the post that wasn't a bill or junk mail. Whattya think? I know it's a bit of work but I think there's some pretty good rewards as well.

jack-nicholson-hmm.gif

I bought some along with a new pen, the Lamy Aion with the EF nib, which was on sale at a "promo" price and a converter as well.
Where'd you purchase it from, not that I need any new pens, just for reference, ya know?

Perhaps we should start a letter writing group wherein we actually physically write letters to each other so as to put our pens to proper use and not just use this forum for discussions and insights. I know I'd really enjoy getting something in the post that wasn't a bill or junk mail. Whattya think? I know it's a bit of work but I think there's some pretty good rewards as well.
Sounds like a good idea. We could wax poetically and..... or just converse. It would be interesting to see what we could talk about. Haha.

Well damn...I cant seem to resist (it's futile). Got to thinking about the Ancient Copper ink by Diamine that Boris told me about and well...I bought some along with a new pen, the Lamy Aion with the EF nib, which was on sale at a "promo" price and a converter as well.
Yep...I like fountain pens...quite a bit it seems.
View attachment 1814499

View attachment 1814507
I am please that I can be of enabler service.....
Well Done Smile GIF by Curious Pavel

Top Bottom