17/365
Thursday - 25 April 2024

Razor: Henson AL13+ (3)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (3)
Brush: Simpson T3
Pre: Warm shower
Lather: TOBS Jermyn Street

Result: 9/10

Still recuperating from my previous shave, I could not believe that Hanson AL13+ mild butchered my face.
Eager to know what went wrong, I still decided to shave.
I have to toughen up. Be a man of focus, commitment and sheer will (The Boogeyman) :lol:

Thanks to the many advise here in B&B, you guys are the best and a few research I got a hint of what to do.

Looking at the Henson's FAQ it was pretty much explained, like they expected it to happen for newbie's like me.
No wonder I felt the extreme blade exposure and like plate R6 aggressiveness on my Rockwell 6S.

Links and video below. At 1:05 you can see them emphasizing, turning it a couple more until you cannot go any further.

Make sure you fully close the razor by tightening the handle until it stops.

IMG_8735.png

So the culprit of my irritated shave last time was basically my own fear of over tightening.
It has nothing to do with either the Henson AL13+ or the Personna blade.
Maybe same thing will happen to some new Henson AL13 users like me.
I hope they won't experience it but if they do, hopefully this will help and guide them.

Shave today was a retribution and a very happy irritation free DFS.

Have a good shave everyone !!!

IMG_8733.jpeg

Last edited:
17/365
Thursday - 25 April 2024

Still recuperating from my previous shave, I could not believe that Hanson AL13+ mild butchered my face.
I have to toughen up. Be a man of focus, commitment and sheer will (The Boogeyman) :lol:

Thanks to the many advise here in B&B, you guys are the best and a few research I got a hint of what to do.

Looking at the Henson's FAQ it was pretty much explained, like they expected it to happen for newbie's like me.
No wonder I felt the extreme blade exposure and like plate R6 aggressiveness on my Rockwell 6S.

Links and video below. At 1:05 you can see them emphasizing, turning it a couple more until you cannot go any further.

View attachment 1835473

So the culprit of my irritated shave last time was basically my own fear of over tightening.
I hope they won't experience it but if they do, hopefully this will help and guide them.

View attachment 1835476
I am so happy that you figured out what was going on. Good riddance!

17/365
Thursday - 25 April 2024

View attachment 1835473

View attachment 1835476
This makes sense, a month or so ago I had a rough shave with my Gillette Adjustable, and on the second to last pass I felt the blade rattle when setting it down, yep I did not fully tighten the razor. DOH, it happens to all of us and is all part of the learning process.

18/365
Friday - 26 April 2024

Razor: Henson AL13+ (4)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (4)
Pre: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red

This is getting so addictive. I am running out of facial hair to shave.

Took a nice warm shower, look at myself and saw 5 o’clock shadow.
You guess it right, let do it.

It felt good to shave two consecutive days. I enjoy it anyways. However just my own personal assessment, AL13+ is a good daily workhorse but do not shave as close as my 6S.

Despite multiple passes and buffing yesterday, I can see 5 o’clock shadow less than 24 hours after I shave.

This is far from my 6S which happens only after 36 to 48 hours. AL13+ sure gives smooth irritation free shave but in exchange of its efficiency.

Overall its a nice, enjoyable shave.

IMG_8744.jpeg

18/365
Friday - 26 April 2024

Razor: Henson AL13+ (4)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (4)
Pre: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red

This is getting so addictive. I am running out of facial hair to shave.

Took a nice warm shower, look at myself and saw 5 o’clock shadow.
You guess it right, let do it.

It felt good to shave two consecutive days. I enjoy it anyways. However just my own personal assessment, AL13+ is a good daily workhorse but do not shave as close as my 6S.

Despite multiple passes and buffing yesterday, I can see 5 o’clock shadow less than 24 hours after I shave.

This is far from my 6S which happens only after 36 to 48 hours. AL13+ sure gives smooth irritation free shave but in exchange of its efficiency.

Overall its a nice, enjoyable shave.

View attachment 1836003
I see there is a benefit in the AL13+ not quite shaving you as close as the 6S. YOU GET TO SHAVE MORE OFTEN! 🤣 Also having no irritation is a big benefit.

Top Bottom