What's new

So...Whats for breakfast?

a two-egg omelette with cheddar cheese filling, 4 brown and serve sausages, a blueberry scone, and lots of black coffee! them's good eat'n.

Been trying to get the family going more healthy for 6 days (no waffles, syrup, sugary crap) out of 7 (saturdays are reserved for bacon, waffles/pancakes, etc).

Today--Day 1:
Half Banana Sliced
6 Boysenberries
Handful of Blueberries
Mixed with yogurt
Topped with small dose of granol
---------------------------
Cup of Sumatra Blue Batak from Peets for adults
Cup of milk for the two boys

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Today--Day 1:
Half Banana Sliced
6 Boysenberries
Handful of Blueberries
Mixed with yogurt
Topped with small dose of granol
---------------------------
Cup of Sumatra Blue Batak from Peets for adults
Cup of milk for the two boys

So what time did you faint?

Two soft boiled eggs [ my Grandfather used to call them "perfect eggs" when done just right]
3 slices of taost with butter and honey
One banana
Coffee

So what time did you faint?

No way...the entire family seemed to feel much better. That was breakfast, we had lunch and dinner as well...snacks too. Just cutting out sugars as much as possible.

So far so good!

Day 2
Yogurt
Granola
Blackberries
Strawberries
Toast w/out butter and light whipped honey (sugar)

Wife went with cottage cheese and berries

I'm thinking today is an oatmeal day. I'm trying to get back down to my desired weight, and oatmeal is one of my favorite tools for the task.

after a weekend full of French Toast (with Hawaiian bread), Eggs, etc I am back on the health kick.

Today:
Cottage cheese, grapefruit, blueberries
coffee

I'm thinking today is an oatmeal day. I'm trying to get back down to my desired weight, and oatmeal is one of my favorite tools for the task.

I'm going to do this as well. Too many doughnuts for breakfast means Insomniac starts looking like Homer.

I use a thermos to make steel-cut oatmeal, i.e. the real stuff. Just add boiling water the night before, and a few dried blueberries. Tomorrow morning I'll have a (somewhat hot) breakfast.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Roast potatoes chopped into smaller bits and re-fried, sliced cherry tomatoes with thyme and oregano pan roasted on the other side of the pan. Four slices of bacon that had been cooked almost done in the oven a few days ago, in the centre of the pan. One egg over hard for my wife and one egg over easy for me.

All done in 20 minutes. Left overs are a joy in the morning.

1 Kiwi fruit, 1 Passion fruit, 1 Banana, 1/2 Orange, 1 slice of fresh Pineapple, bit of Goji berries, Small bowl of Cereal topped with low fat milk (fresh from the farm), 1 glass Beetjuice, 1 big Coffee... and all this at 5:00 AM... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm going to do this as well. Too many doughnuts for breakfast means Insomniac starts looking like Homer.

I use a thermos to make steel-cut oatmeal, i.e. the real stuff. Just add boiling water the night before, and a few dried blueberries. Tomorrow morning I'll have a (somewhat hot) breakfast.

Whats steel cut oatmeal? I like the sound of having a hot breaky pre prepared for me in the morn and wouldnt mind giving this a shot

Fried egg, two pieces of toast from homemade wheat bread, yogurt, and two cups of coffee (one before and one with)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom