Razor: Asylum Injector
Blade: SChick (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

IMG_2760.jpeg

I will complete SEptember having only shaved with SE razors!

Claymore Evo
Romulus
Schick Stick
Schick Dial

:) I've never done one of these monthlong events before and am glad I did! Thanks for the idea, @Ted A and B&B

Not really my idea. It’s been around several years, but I just didn’t want it to pass by this year. I have one more shave to go. I’ll be at 100% SE for the month, too. I was able to improve my technique this month.

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1 (57)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (9)
Preshave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser; Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Soap: VDH Unscented Luxury
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; Another easy, pleasant DFS+ shave.

Cheers!!!

Before the Claymore Evolution by Alpha, there was this behemoth & brute from Executive Shaving, the Claymore V2. Yes, it’s uglier than sin itself. Is not very maneuverable and weighs a ton. But, the shave that it gives is second to none. On par with the likes of the original Asylum RX & the Ikon El Jefe. Blade feel is not as aggressive as those two but, there is plenty of it for those that prefer that quality in a razor. Nevertheless, the shave that it gives is excellent and a third pass is hardly ever required when this razor is in action. For me it works best with a Schick Proline as it provides a smoother feel than any of the Feather or KAI blades. It will wreck a face if one does not use a light touch. The PAA Sangre De Drago soap provided all the protection and slickness that this razor requires. Good sound technique and thick hydrated suds is all that is needed to get the best out of this beast. Awesome shaver really.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1723731
I really really wish to try the Claymore V2. A long time ago a user named mjclark (I think) did some shave offs with some of the most aggressive and efficient razors. And this was one of his best shavers. Unfortunately, Executive Shaving's original owner who made this version sold the company. So it's not making a comeback.

I also wanted to ask what would your ranking be for the top 5 most efficient/aggressive razors that you have tried.

Thanks guys for the thread, it’s been a fun month, great pictures and shaves. Here’s my last for the month.

SOTD: 09/29/2023

Razor: Asylum Rx-v2
Blade: Feather AC,4th use
Brush: Rudy Vey “Barbie” STF Knot
Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Additional Care: Maggard’s Alum Block
Additional Care: Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Rosewater
Fragrance: YSL Body Kouros EdT
IMG_5969.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
SEptember

Tonight’s opulent shave
Schick E3 Injector
MiC Schick (11)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Mühle Large STF 23mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola, bowl-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Closer and gentler shave than last night for about the same time spent. Mühle Silvertip Fibre brush made excellent lather surprisingly easy and I had an awesome shave.

Date30.09.2023
365 daily shaves
273/365
GRUME September
30/30
SOTMC
30/30
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32

RazorBladeBrush
F: GEM Featherweight
H: Schick G1
GEM (4)
Schick Plus (13?)
Razorock 400
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
LavandaCold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)9/10 (One user error)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Finishing SEptember with this very fine GEM. I love it! The Schick is the best razor for my head. Absolutely amazing. Thanks to the revered Mitch @mgweatherly I was able to join this year’s event with two amazing razors and a whole new shave game has revealed itself. Nice! Thanks @Ted A for hosting. I had a blast!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Razor: Micromatic Bullet (?)
Blade: Personna GEM SS (36)
Preshave: 3P
Shaving Brush: Captain Fawcett Synthetic Fibre
Soap: Cella Red
Aftershave: Floid

My first experience with an uncoated blade and a homemade strap was successful. After 40, I'm going to stop and use a coated blade to compare the sensations.

Have a nice shave to everyone!

IMG_3264.jpg

My favorite SE razor of all time, the Brass General. Excellent combination of smoothness yet effective efficiency of anything I’ve ever experienced in SE shaver format regardless of blade designation. Paired it up with a fresh Feather Pro Super and it’s just wet shaving nirvana. 2 full passes and a slight touch up around the Adam’s Apple for a sublime yet ultra comfortable BBS finish & feel. Went with some Fine & Hermes to put the Cherry on top for this shave. It will also be my last for the SEptember event as I have a few razors that I’ve received plus a couple more that will be here within the next week or two. I’m chomping at the bit to try a vintage Gillette Tech and a Fatip Testina Gentile acquired recently off of the BST here. It was a great event to participate in plus all the great set ups by my fellow shave brethren were truly awesome to see and read about. Many more continued great shaves to all. Until the next time, keep your blades sharp & your technique sharper.

99A3E8C9-D327-47CE-A05E-503B88BE6B08.jpeg

Leaf Thorn (I guess this counts) has been loaded and looking at me for weeks.
Personna Platinum (German? 3rd use)
HollyKaw Lava?
Yaqi
Proraso pre
This was a head shave 2+ passes.....this is a good and easy to use razor.....end result was OK, I must admit the Schick adjustable at 6-7 gives me better shaves as does to my surprise the Parker semi slant (new this month).

20230901_074555.jpg

Razor: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector Twin
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Logbook
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Thanks to @Ted A and all who participated!

Razor: Blackland Vector (84)
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (8)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Van der Hagen Unscented Luxury
Aftershave: Cold water rinse;

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave.

So here are the take aways for SEptember:

I prefer to use the Blackland Sabre L1 over the GEM Feather Weight. The Sabre is slightly more efficient.

I prefer to use the Blackland Vector with the KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG over the RazoRock Hawk Standard plate with a Schick Proline. I have plenty of other blades to try out.

It is not so easy to conclude between the Sabre and the Vector. Both are producing excellent shaves and the shaves are lasting a good 12 hours.

On a different level there were no losers in these four shavers.

Cheers!!!

9/30/2023
Final shave for single edge SEptember
Razor: Leaf Twig prizm
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Yaqi deep stones synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
After shave: wet towel, cold water rinse and unscented witch hazel
20230930_124657.jpg
Now on to OCtober 2023 Opening Our Hearts; and Combs; to Happy Razor Fun Time

Top Bottom