What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2023

Has anyone else been waiting for a Single Edge SEptember thread? I don’t see that one has been started so I thought I start one. If someone else already has started it. @Dog Whiskerer and @never-stop-learning have organized in the past and we have had fun with it. I would be happy to defer to someone else. But if not:

We’ll include SE Razors, replaceable blade Folding and Straight Shavettes/Barber-Razors. Anything else that you believe to be a single edge. At one time this would have been mostly limited to vintage razors, but in the last few years there have been new single edge razors introduced.

Post pictures of your shaves. Tell us about your shave. Anything else relevant.

No requirement for a minimum number of SE shaves.
Just have fun

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else been waiting for a Single Edge SEptember thread? I don’t see that one has been started so I thought I start one. If someone else already has started it. @Dog Whiskerer and @never-stop-learning have organized in the past and we have had fun with it. I would be happy to defer to someone else. But if not:

We’ll include SE Razors, replaceable blade Folding and Straight Shavettes/Barber-Razors. Anything else that you believe to be a single edge. At one time this would have been mostly limited to vintage razors, but in the last few years there have been new single edge razors introduced.

Post pictures of your shaves. Tell us about your shave. Anything else relevant.

No requirement for a minimum number of SE shaves.
Just have fun
Thank you for starting the Single Edge September 2023 thread!

There is also the SABER 2023 thread going on, which covers the Folding and Straight Shavettes/Barber-Razors. There will be overlap.

I'm in for my AC blade and GEM blade shaves. :)

I'm in. I've really been enjoying single edge in the GEM and AC formats. I've never tried a razor that takes a DE blade snapped in half. Do they shave any different than that same blade in a regular razor?
I'm open to new things.
In my limited experience that is pretty much the case.

Nice. Are you getting the SS?

Other than when using my Vector for head shaves, my posts here will be using my various AC shavettes on my face/beard.
Indeed. The AC SS, Japanese style and a pack of 20 Pro blades to ensure plenty of weepers while I figure it out. Maybe I'll have a few left after I figure it out.

Did you sign on for SABER as well if you're sticking with the shavettes?

Indeed. The AC SS, Japanese style and a pack of 20 Pro blades to ensure plenty of weepers while I figure it out. Maybe I'll have a few left after I figure it out.

Did you sign on for SABER as well if you're sticking with the shavettes?

You are much braver than me. I still use guarded blades in my AC shavettes. I have some Feather Professional and Super blades, but I'm too careless to risk using those. The ProGuards are pretty mindless...perfect for me. 😄 In fact I used my SS Kamisori today with a ProGuard.

I do post in the SABER thread occasionally, though it has been a while.

I'm in. I've really been enjoying single edge in the GEM and AC formats. I've never tried a razor that takes a DE blade snapped in half. Do they shave any different than that same blade in a regular razor?
I'm open to new things.
I have the Twig. The difference I find from a DE is that the head is not wide so I can get into tight places more easily.

Top Bottom