What's new

Office appropriate fragrances

S

Scrubby

No brainer this one…..

Creed Aventus is considered hugely appropriate for all kinds of office environments by general consensus. Quite expensive unfortunately. Next question 😄

The really bad thing about Herb's wardrobe is that they didn't have to be custom made by a studio tailor in the Costume Department.

Those were at some point available at a store. And America went through a period in which men wore such things.
The good old days. I can smell the polyester.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'd recommend the old, understated classics; and only undersprayed (1 or 2 sprays, max). Stuff like:

AdP Colonia
Chanel Pour Monsieur
Dior Eau Sauvage
Guerlain Vetiver
Sir, I really do like your list above a lot! My picks are similar. :001_smile

Adp Colonia
Ralph Lauren Polo Green
Dior Fahrenheit
Guerlain Vetiver

By the way, Guerlain Vetiver is now available as Parfum also. The pic above is the NEW Parfum, the pic below is the classic Eau de Toilette.

1000008030.jpg

1000005887.jpg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's not always difficult to find someone who can't stand the smell of even popular scents. Noses are different. When I was sampling colognes I found a few I thought were quite nice - and the wife thought they were "less than quite nice." Eucris, a very popular cologne, to my nose and on my metabolism smells like death rolled around in rotten fruit.

The safe answer is one spray at a distance that provides you with a lovely fragrance that can only be appreciated by people who are very close to you. AdP Colonia would be my first choice.

Bvlgari BLV Pour Homme
Lalique White
Creed Original Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Guerlain Vetiver
Burberry Touch
Prada Luna Rossa
ADP - Mirto di Panarea / Fico Di Amalfi / Colonia

I still remember the secretary fragrance wars in my office 40 years ago. One had allergies, so the others wore strong scents just to annoy her. There were battles every day. I don't remember the guys wearing strong scents in that office, except for a higher-up that only came down occasionally. I don't know what he wore, but you smelled him before you saw him. Both guys and gals made fun of him (behind his back, of course).

I wore strong scents in college (Aqua Velva, Brit Stirling, Canoe), but after college never had a job where I needed to be clean shaven and just splashed on Sea Breeze or Witch Hazel as aftershave. A year before retirement when I finally began wetshaving, I tried various aftershaves, but prefer those without a long-lasting scent (Captain's Choice & Ogallala). I even had a glass bottle of AV, but after cutting 2/3 with witch hazel, it was still too strong and long lasting, so I PIF'd it to another member. The same with Bootleggers. I still have a bottle or two of Superior 70, but mostly use it for cuts and insect bites.

If you work inside with one or more people, the you should be scent free. I guess if you in a solitary closed office, you could pull one off. IF you decide to wear something, it should be strong enough so only you can smell it or your partner if you are having an office romance makeout session in the supply closet.

Despite how good you think you smell others may not enjoy it. Even if you ask "Do you mind if I wear this scent?", they may not feel comfortable with saying no.

All workplaces should be scent free with the exception of the odd silent fart.

I vote none, because there is always one person who might have some type of reaction real or imagined.

Check your employee handbook it may not allow cologne or perfume.

One of my session guys arrived at the studio in Berry Hill, TN smelling like Cinnamon one afternoon. I asked him what he was wearing. He said "nothing, I just did a few shots of Fireball before I came in"

The session went fine, btw. :)

View attachment 1827440
I never could fireball after I was about 23 or so... I only did it then and before because girls were drinking it and I was trying to hang. I was young and dumb but I learned my lessons.... now when I see anyone beyond their college years consuming it I just assume they've got some sort of arrested development from drinking it in college. So so so much syrup and cinnamon. All that said I'm sure it can be consumed and a successful jam might ensue. Different strokes and all.

I've grown fond of negronis and gin based cocktails the one or twice a year that I indulge and I know that gin is well loathed.

If you work inside with one or more people, the you should be scent free.

When I first read this I thought it said; THE OLD SILENT FART. You know the type: pocket protector, ear and nose hair that can be braided and could have retired 10 years ago but is waiting for his wife to die so he can be alone . He never talks to anyone just slides into his cube and eats lunch at his desk. He wears English Leather and you can smell him as he comes in.

When I first read this I thought it said; THE OLD SILENT FART. You know the type: pocket protector, ear and nose hair that can be braided and could have retired 10 years ago but is waiting for his wife to die so he can be alone . He never talks to anyone just slides into his cube and eats lunch at his desk. He wears English Leather and you can smell him as he comes in.
The big wigs were in our office a few months ago, talking about eating at our desks and how they can make it better for us. I told them, if you ever see me eating at my desk, you know there's a problem. FYI, I never break or lunch at my desk. I get up, leave the office area and get away from it to F5 my brain.

But yeah, you have described many people I work with as well as Milton from "Office Space".

giphy.gif

The big wigs were in our office a few months ago, talking about eating at our desks and how they can make it better for us. I told them, if you ever see me eating at my desk, you know there's a problem. FYI, I never break or lunch at my desk. I get up, leave the office area and get away from it to F5 my brain.

But yeah, you have described many people I work with as well as Milton from "Office Space".

View attachment 1828459
Exactly!! Or a couple guys I worked with. I didn’t work in an office long, but I hated it the entire time.

I still remember the secretary fragrance wars in my office 40 years ago. One had allergies, so the others wore strong scents just to annoy her.
I had an argument with a "Person" one day, when fired up my adrenalin was not in check those days. Next day Said "person" knew full well I am allergic to that brand, and thought it pay back time for the loss of said argument.
"Person" used said brand, within 2 minutes of entering said building I was sneezing violently and uncontrollably, I exclaimed "some ****! in here has ********! **** on!" Said Person toned it down after that, Petyness gets overruled by snot flying everywhere :thumbup1:

A: not if you work in a esscavator, B: not if you work in a esscavator C: not if you been eating beans and garlic :blushing: and work in a esscavator.

one person who might have some type of reaction real or imagined.
I imagined people loved my snot 🧤

I'm nice like that 😎

Top Bottom