What's new

Fragrances for Older Men

1699554846783.png

Near perfect:
www.italianbarber.com

Fine Eau De Toilette - American Blend – ItalianBarber

Fine Eau De Toilette - American Blend Mr. Fine After Eau De Toilette's are a recent addition to the FIne Accoutrements lineup.Scent: American Blend capt...
www.italianbarber.com

watch for availability on this one
theduabrand.com

River Fougère

Inspiration: Rive Gauche (Original Formulation) by YSL Iconic fashion house Yves Saint Laurent shook the industry in 2003 when it chose to launch the men’s version of their women’s hit from the 1970’s entitled Rive Gauche. As an homage to the left side of the river Seine in Paris, Rive Gauche...
theduabrand.com

missing oakmoss and that star anise note, but somewhat ok
www.italianbarber.com

ZCENT by RazoRock Eau De Parfum - American Barber – ItalianBarber

ZCENT by RazoRock Eau De Parfum - American Barber (See note below for 2021)Never in a million years did I think RazoRock would enter the fragrance world...
www.italianbarber.com

The orginal Lagerfeld (brown), once one of the most expensive, now affordable and still smells great all day.

I've been interested in Barrister and Mann's Full Measure of a Man aftershave since trying the soap. Also, the same for Shannon's Baltic Blend.

Bogart, Lalique and Halston are your friends. Enrico Sebastiano and Guy Laroche Horizon are others to check out.

You could supply yourself for the rest of your life for under $100 with these.

Bogart, Lalique and Halston are your friends. Enrico Sebastiano and Guy Laroche Horizon are others to check out.

You could supply yourself for the rest of your life for under $100 with these.
Thanks for the suggestions! Which Bogart, Lalique, and Halston fragrances do you like? There a many choices for each one.

What are some good fragrances appropriate for an older gentleman? I'm in my sixties and am looking for some suggestions. I searched for posts of this nature but didn't find any. I don't go out clubbing and dancing at night and am not currently trying to attract women (I already have a girlfriend). Just want to get some fragrances that fit my age.
My wife and I both decided YSL La Nuit de l'homme works on me. I'm in my late 60s. It does last for many hours, so go easy. I do 1 or two sprays on my chest/stomach before I put my shirt on. That way you get little puffs of scent as you move. A far cry from what everybody did back in college, slap some aftershave or cologne on the face and off we went.
The published scent reads like this:
Its flacon is dark and powerful, as if it were announcing powerful ingredients it carries in itself. A veil of mystery and an explosive spicy accord reveal cardamom with sparkling freshness of bergamot, lavender and cedar, which stand for strength of men. Cumin and vetiver in a base ensure a sensual finish and an opulent, elegant closure.

If you're looking for a scent for you, swing by some of the fragrance shops in the malls. Just realize you can only do about 4 or 5 of the strips (yes, use them. they aren't getting contaminated by droplets from a previous scent). Most of the shops have little descriptions of the scent. First time out, just go for the basics, woodsy,floral, oriental, fresh. After that, you have a better idea of what you like. Last step is put 2 samples on your wrists sniff, and wait... repeat. That tells you how it's going to be perceived over the day, and it will change.
Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions! Which Bogart, Lalique, and Halston fragrances do you like? There a many choices for each one.

For Lalique, if you're looking for a fragrance for a more mature man, there are several. You should probably sample them and see which you like better. They are very reasonable.

Lalique (Lion) - your classic citrus-wood type of cologne.

Lalique (Equus) - more of a cedar/juniper type of fragrance. Like a nicer, smoother Quorum Silver.

Lalique (White) - a soapy citrus with some floral (violet) and wood notes. A fairly quiet and relaxing scent, that reminds you a bit of a nice shower gel. Does not project too much.

For Lalique, if you're looking for a fragrance for a more mature man, there are several. You should probably sample them and see which you like better. They are very reasonable.

Lalique (Lion) - your classic citrus-wood type of cologne.

Lalique (Equus) - more of a cedar/juniper type of fragrance. Like a nicer, smoother Quorum Silver.

Lalique (White) - a soapy citrus with some floral (violet) and wood notes. A fairly quiet and relaxing scent, that reminds you a bit of a nice shower gel. Does not project too much.
Thank you for the tips on Lalique fragrances!

From my collection

Chanel Antaeus / Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui ( dont need both as they are similar)

Bentley for Men Intense (Try and get one thats not less than a year old as it will be reformulated, Batch code homework must be done on this one , unless you dont mind reapplying every hour)

Jaguar for Men
Azzaro Pour Homme( Cuba Paris Black v similar but way cheaper)
Quorum
Givenchy Xeryus
Eau Sauvage Parfum
Kouros
Fahrenheight
Yatagan
Denim
Paul Sebastian Fine Cologne
Milton Lloyd 10 Mojo

Age-appropriate scents . . . what a concept. I say get what you like, regardless. You're the one who has to live with it. Beyond that, if you are concerned about others' perceptions of the appropriateness of the scent, or of you with the scent on, you might conduct experiments. Though you indicate you are not pursuing women, you do say you have a girlfriend, so the best subject for scent experiments is her -- you're not trying to drive her away, are you -- quite the opposite, I presume.😉

Top Bottom