What's new

Fragrances for Older Men

What are some good fragrances appropriate for an older gentleman? I'm in my sixties and am looking for some suggestions. I searched for posts of this nature but didn't find any. I don't go out clubbing and dancing at night and am not currently trying to attract women (I already have a girlfriend). Just want to get some fragrances that fit my age.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am 56 and I like the original Givenchy Gentleman launched in 1974, as does my wife:

1699437931607.png

Tabac EDC is also a wonderful, timeless scent for the older man - or any man.

I'm 65 and I like some classics:
- Dior Eau Sauvage
- Caron Pour Un Homme
- Chanel Pour Monsieur
- Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
- Azzaro Pour Homme
- Guerlain Vetiver
- Guerlain Habit Rouge
- Puig Agua Brava
- Puig Quorum
- Aramis
- Nicolaï New York
- Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

Last edited:
Old School stuff:

Acqua di Parma Colonia (original)
YSL L'Homme (original)
Worth Pour Homme
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clásico Bay Rum EDP

More Modern but appropriate for mature men:

Terre d'Hermes (original)
Creed Aventus (Executive Man EDT from Stirling Soaps smells just as good, 98% similar, and is a small fraction of the price)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Eau des Baux
Spice Bomb
Creed GIT
Aventus

These are on my list because I'm 72 and they are the ones my wife likes. I strongly suggest you select a good sized handful of samples from all the suggestions and see what your girlfriend likes. When I was in my sampling stage I had a few that my wife absolutely hated. Why in the world would I wear one of those? For what it's worth, Eau des Baux is her favorite.

Creed has many age appropriate scents, but they're not cheap. There are so very many scents available, surely you can find a few you both like. I'm not at all sure your age is anywhere near as important as the girlfriend approval.

Acqua di Parma Colonia
Eau des Baux
Spice Bomb
Creed GIT
Aventus

These are on my list because I'm 72 and they are the ones my wife likes. I strongly suggest you select a good sized handful of samples from all the suggestions and see what your girlfriend likes. When I was in my sampling stage I had a few that my wife absolutely hated. Why in the world would I wear one of those? For what it's worth, Eau des Baux is her favorite.

Creed has many age appropriate scents, but they're not cheap. There are so very many scents available, surely you can find a few you both like. I'm not at all sure your age is anywhere near as important as the girlfriend approval.
L’Occitane Eau de Baux is a good recommendation. There are L’Occitand stores everywhere and they have a great selection for us old farts. I doubt anyone couldn’t find a fragrance they like there. 👍

Lots of great ones already mentioned. Some of the ones I really like:
Bijan for Men
Bogart Signature
Burberry for Men
Caswell Massey Jockey Club
Caswell Massey Number 6 (good enough for our first president, good enough for me)
Creed Bois Du Portugal
Yves St Laurent Rive Gauche

Lots of great ones already mentioned. Some of the ones I really like:
Bijan for Men
Bogart Signature
Burberry for Men
Caswell Massey Jockey Club
Caswell Massey Number 6 (good enough for our first president, good enough for me)
Creed Bois Du Portugal
Yves St Laurent Rive Gauche
Thanks, I'll look those up.

Old School stuff:

Acqua di Parma Colonia (original)
YSL L'Homme (original)
Worth Pour Homme
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clásico Bay Rum EDP

More Modern but appropriate for mature men:

Terre d'Hermes (original)
Creed Aventus (Executive Man EDT from Stirling Soaps smells just as good, 98% similar, and is a small fraction of the price)
Thanks, I'm getting interested in the Stirling Executive Man EDT. Will try it.

More of an aftershave fellow and rarely wear cologne. Partial to Floris 89 and Clubman. Floris is available as a cologne.
I have little bottle of some Clubman; haven't tried it yet. Have you tried Floris Elite? Someone suggested that one to me.

Acqua di Parma Colonia
Eau des Baux
Spice Bomb
Creed GIT
Aventus

Thanks for the suggestions. Where did you get your samples?

Top Bottom