What's new

Odd Culinary Proclivities of the Past

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You asked and I delivered. OK, none of you actually asked. Yep. I went and did it. This morning for brunch owing much gratitude to @CzechCzar I prepared, and consumed "Hash Filet Mignon".

Additional gratitude is extended to @GR5233 for his contribution for the crowning egg and a vegetable recommendation that could not be ignored.

As it would appear on a menu-

Corned Beef Hash "Filet Mignon"~
Cabernet Demi Glace, Corn & Lima Bean Ragout, Fried Egg

No pics it didn't happen you say?

View attachment 1778302View attachment 1778303

View attachment 1778304
View attachment 1778305

Of course I needed a slice of ciabatta. We aren't savages after all. Ultimately this was nothing short of darn good. I definitely would have put this on a brunch menu in "the day". But your reading a post from a guy that always put a baby carrot or 2 whenever rabbit was served. (Always a big hit on Easter Sunday) I'm obnoxious that way.

What's next? Stay tuned to find out. Bon Appétit.
now do this one

1705000945725.png

You asked and I delivered. OK, none of you actually asked. Yep. I went and did it. This morning for brunch owing much gratitude to @CzechCzar I prepared, and consumed "Hash Filet Mignon".

Additional gratitude is extended to @GR5233 for his contribution for the crowning egg and a vegetable recommendation that could not be ignored.

As it would appear on a menu-

Corned Beef Hash "Filet Mignon"~
Cabernet Demi Glace, Corn & Lima Bean Ragout, Fried Egg

No pics it didn't happen you say?

View attachment 1778302View attachment 1778303

View attachment 1778304
View attachment 1778305

Of course I needed a slice of ciabatta. We aren't savages after all. Ultimately this was nothing short of darn good. I definitely would have put this on a brunch menu in "the day". But your reading a post from a guy that always put a baby carrot or 2 whenever rabbit was served. (Always a big hit on Easter Sunday) I'm obnoxious that way.

What's next? Stay tuned to find out. Bon Appétit.
Nice Dahlia :w00t:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Very edible [better than whats on the plate] :D
That's not overly kind. If I'd seen a dahlia pavlova or dahlia porridge with candied marmite that you'd whipped up in the spirit of the thread I'd be more interested in your take on my dish. Otherwise I find your opinion rather offensive and perhaps best kept to yourself in the spirit of gentlemanly behavior.

Top Bottom