What's new

McDonald's Is Bringing Back The Double Big Mac - 24 Jan 24 - For a Limited Time! :-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hmmm...I might try one. ;)

Feeling really, really hungry? This burger's for you [if you're into fast food].

By Danielle Harling - delish - 10 Jan 24

"It's been four long years.

🍔 McDonald's fans can expect a blast from the past this month as the restaurant is bringing back a popular menu item. And before you start to moan and groan, no, it isn't the McRib. This time around, the Double Big Mac will reclaim its place on the McDonald's menu, but only for a limited time.

Nation's Restaurant News reports that the behemoth of a burger will include four beef patties (yes, four!), additional Big Mac sauce, pickles, shredded lettuce, chopped onions, and American cheese [extra cheese, pickles & onions for me] .

proxy.php

1705367838661.png Although the Double Big Mac won't be available until January 24, excitement for its long-awaited return is already brewing on social media. Some people are even willing to camp out to get their hands on the menu item (we don't think that'll be necessary though).

"A double Big Mac?? Smh I might camp out in the parking lot for one," one person tweeted. They then added that the "Big Mac sauce brings it out of you sometimes."
Even Big Mac nonbelievers have somehow been charmed into trying out the Double Big Mac.
proxy.php

[While Mickey D's confirmed pricing for the Double Big Mac has not been revealed (A McDonald’s USA spokesperson says the price of the Double Big Mac is determined by each individual restaurant and may vary by location), but fans can expect the new price to be close to its original price of $5.35].

"McDonald's Double Big Mac coming soon to US restaurants I don’t normally do big Macs but yes please!" said another user on X.

News of the Double Big Mac's return comes just one month after McDonald's announced that it was trying to create the “best burgers ever” this year. The fast food restaurant also hinted at a “larger burger" for the new year, and it looks like we'll be getting that much sooner than we expected".

Works Cited: McDonalds Double Big Mac Returns 24 Jan 24

proxy.php
"I'm Lovin' It". Mickey D's Slogan

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get two of the regular burgers and have the flavors apportioned correctly.
Yeah, the Double Mac is a permanent menu item in Canada and I have had one or two over the years but I find the two extra patties with no other modifications throws the whole burger balance out of whack. You definitely get a good taste of how flavourless and lacking in any kind of seasoning the McDonald's patties are.

Yeah, the Double Mac is a permanent menu item in Canada and I have had one or two over the years but I find the two extra patties with no other modifications throws the whole burger balance out of whack. You definitely get a good taste of how flavourless and lacking in any kind of seasoning the McDonald's patties are.
That's what I thought, same as the double Quarter Pounder. I have tried neither and never had a bite of a Big Mac my whole life. I do enjoy a Quarter Pounder every now and then.

If I want thet big a burger, I'll go to 5Guys, WayBack, a local Mom & Pop place or better yet, a homemade Baconator with thick cut butcher made bacon on a brioche bun.

IMG_20200904_181939.jpg

That's what I thought, same as the double Quarter Pounder. I have tried neither and never had a bite of a Big Mac my whole life. I do enjoy a Quarter Pounder every now and then.

If I want thet big a burger, I'll go to 5Guys, WayBack, a local Mom & Pop place or better yet, a homemade Baconator with thick cut butcher made bacon on a brioche bun.

View attachment 1781102

Now that's a good looking burger!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

View attachment 1781102

That's my favorite kind of eatery...a place where you bite into the burger and the grease runs down your arm and drips off your elbow into a shiny, shimmering pool on the red and white checkered tablecloth.

That's my favorite kind of eatery...a place where you bite into the burger and the grease runs down your arm and drips off your elbow into a shiny, shimmering pool on the red and white checkered tablecloth.
Me too. I'll take those places over and fancy hoidy toidy place.

We have a large supply of red/white and green/white wax paper liners for DIY homemade takeout in baskets.

I can't remember the last time I ate at a Mickey D's.

I don't even eat at 5 Guys anymore, which had long been a fav for me. The last few times I was glad that it was a short trip home, and that when I got home all the bathrooms weren't occupied!
:)

Last time I ate at McDonalds was over 18-20 years ago, believe it was on road trip, we were in 29 Palm California. not much in that town except Marine Base, 29 Palms, and a few fast food joints. My favorite McDonald thing was their Filet of Fish Sandwich.

Honestly McDonalds has changed from when I first started eating at McDonalds, portion shrunk, and prices went up. about the only thing I grab now from McDonalds is in an emergency is their Senior Coffee. Not great but price is right at $0.64/cup.

McDonalds use to be consistent from location to location, think that standard has not been held anymore.

Best Fast Food Burger IMHO is In n Out, their food is still consists, and the place is alway clean. Think the secret behind In n Out is all location are company own ed, they pay staff well, and hold high standards.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I suppose the Mickey-Dee fans will mark out over this. These last couple years have taken a real toll on fast food prices and now the one benefit it had ... fast food on the cheap ... has gone away and defltaed ( ;) ) my interest.

Top Bottom