What's new

No more Bigelow/Proraso at Bath & Body Works!

If you have tried any higher end creams and still prefer Proraso, you have a very unique sense of taste. The cooling is nice, though. There's a myriad of better choices. I can see why someone new to wetshaving would like it, but it's only the beginning of a greater good :).

I've tried most of the high end creams and Proraso is still in my top 2. It is a classic case of YMMV because I absolutely love the smell of it, yet many do not.

The run on this stuff was incredible! I stocked up and more than I will ever need. Ebay still has best price for original proraso for 7.99 a tube though. Buy multis b/c of shipping though

Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm not sure if it was because of the run on this or the inquires as to why they stopped carrying it, but it appears as if Bath and Body Works is going to continue to carry the C.O. Bigelow/Proraso green tube. I just stumbled across it on their site: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2257431&cp=2484526.2488784.2078994&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family

I can't believe the users on this board would make that much of an impact on their descision whether or not to carry a product. But I could be wrong.. And besides, what's going to happen now that we all have a 5 year supply?? :lol:

Oh, and if it's the same as Proraso, why do they say:

Developed by Bigelow Chemists

That makes no sense.

:001_rolle

-Mason

Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm not sure if it was because of the run on this or the inquires as to why they stopped carrying it, but it appears as if Bath and Body Works is going to continue to carry the C.O. Bigelow/Proraso green tube. I just stumbled across it on their site: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2257431&cp=2484526.2488784.2078994&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family

That's good to know. Not being able to find it on their web site is what prompted me to write to them in the first place.

I even wrote back to them to re-confirm what they told me. I received a message that they were indeed going to no longer carry it on the web nor in their stores. :confused:

I wonder if there was enough of a run on the product that it actually showed up in their sales tracking?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Now that everyone that wanted it has gone out and gotten some, maybe we can help them select their next shave cream. Maybe they would be interested in stocking one of the T's.

Bath and Body works by my house just got a whole new shipment of Bigelow's and set it all up with sale prices and everything. You see it as soon as you walk inside. Im in Chicago.

I just picked some up at Bath and Body Works outside DC. They didn't stock any other Bigelow cream, just the gel and foam, so it doesn't seem to me that they plan not to keep stocking it.

The Huntsville, AL store in Bridgestreet Towne Center has stacks of it. They must have gotten a bunch in as a couple of weeks ago there were only a few tubes out. No shortage here right now.

IMHO, i think B&BW planted a rumor that they were discontinuing it, SO THEY COULD MAKE A BUZZ FOR IT AND SELL MORE, taking advantage of people who think its going away!

Actually stock piled the stuff along with a botched order of proraso i got on amazon( i ordered 2 and they sent me 8!) Prob going to but the CO's on BTS for $12 shipped soon.

Top Bottom