What's new

MÜHLE R 94 ROCCA - Should I buy it

I can not say buy, or do not buy.

Do you need?

Or want?

If you buy and hate you can resell at small loss.

Will say a 20% loss put you in position of not eating, or not paying rent.

The only 100% way for you to find out if you love, or hate a ROCCA is too buy, and try.

Or if friend will lend you theirs to try.🥳

Good thing you bought it. Please let us know what you think.
For me it is a great daily driver that gives smooth, effortless shaves. It is not blade sensitive and is a looker.
Hope you love yours as much as I like mine.
And, yes, you need it. Duh....:thumbup:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The Rocca has no lather channels in the base plate if that is something you look for. I wanted the Birch wood one, looks great but was unsure of the cleanout while shaving so passed for now.
Run it under the tap and the water shoots out the sides of the razor carrying any foam with it and if you get the angle just right it will shoot out both ends at the same time

Just now, the razor came. Like the R41 GS, it looks solid and very well made.
However, the R94 is matte, while the R41 GS is gloss polished.
I haven't tried it in real conditions yet, but purely visually I like it.
11.jpg
12.jpg

That’s a though question. Technically the answer is no, you don’t. You have both ends of the spectrum already and if they provide great results then that’s it.

As @Iridian mentioned the Rocca is right between the other two leaning a bit more towards the R41.

My 2ct is that the Rocca is an amazingly comfortable and effective razor. I love my R41, but the Rocca gets me the same result with less of a scraping feel. I am a daily shaver and the Rocca is more of a daily driver than the R41 -although I can use that daily too.

Cheers,

Guido

Ps: I imagine you already know the B&B answer, right? :wink2:
Hi @Guido75 , whats the weight of the Muhle Rocca Matte full stainless steel handle - 120 gm or 80 gms?

Wow I am almost there to order. I love the all steel matte version. Hopefully the shaves wont disappoint!!
just confused, whats with the numbering in Rocca, R94, R95, R96.... what am I missing. I want to get the all steel option

just confused, whats with the numbering in Rocca, R94, R95, R96.... what am I missing. I want to get the all steel option

The all steel version is the R94. The R95 has a black handle and the R96 has a birch handle. If I recall correctly.

I will weigh the handle in a moment.

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

What is the weight of this beauty!!
The measurements are:
width: 42 mm
length: 103 mm
weight: 95 g

I am already aware of the answer to the question I asked in the first post. Do I need this razor? No, I don't need it. I haven't even tried it yet. I boiled it and left it in the cupboard without even thinking about her.
The reason for this lack of interest is that I simply enjoy the excellent shave I get with the Muhle R41 GS.

Maybe someday when I get tired of the R41 I'll reach for the R94, but at this point it's unlikely.

Otherwise, the ROCCA looks superb, extremely precise and beautifully made, and the price at which I got it simply obliged me to "shoot"

Do give the Rocca a spin!
It's an excellent daily driver. I predict your R89 will be relegated immedialety once you've used it 😉

I really enjoy my slurping beauty.
Cheers!
I'm not using the R89 (it's just a joke, I'm unlikely to ever reach for it again), but usе R41 GS! I shave once every 2-3 days, so the aggressiveness and efficiency of R41 satisfy me completely.

Top Bottom