What's new

How does the Timeless compare.What next?

Hey guys! I wanted to know how does the Timeless Ti.95 OC and the scalloped .68 compare to the other top tier razors. I also have the ATT Windsor SSRH with the Atlas handle, the Feather ASD2 and whole host of other razors from Muhle R41 twist, R41 GS, R41 twist R 89. Rocca Birch, Merkur, Parker, Pearl, Fatip, Yaqi etc.. And I've a blackbird landing soon in my den with both the plates.

Is there something that offers a better shaving experience compared to the Timeless (Tatara, Rocnel, Alysworth?) Or should I move on to Straights? Any advice, perspective is appreciated.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yates. Razorock (a lot of razors, a whole range of razors!). Yaqi (Mellon, Harlequin, Sentinel etc...). DSCosmetics. Lambda. Stando Polska (Etsy). Greencult.
There are also SE razors with Artist Club blades, before you move on to straights.

Wolfman. I think a Wolfman WR1 or WR2 can offer you possibly more. Then there are numerous Wolfman clones out there from Razorock and Yaqi that are often offering a very similar experience.

Or are you looking for the best American made razor? I have the razors mentioned and if you are on the "one must be best for me" mentality, I am afraid you should rather stop buying more razors and settle down now. I have a hard time picking my favorites, you should also try the Razorock slants or ... save yourself some money. See above! :)

Edit: Forgot Rex, Karve, Aylsworth.... hmmm. :)

I

Island

I have or have had many of the razors you listed. IMHO Timeless is hard to beat. My top tier is Timeless SS and Ti, Blackbird Standard and Lite, Lambda Athena, and Karve Overlander.
I agree with the above. The timeless is the smoothest, the blackbird to the most efficient, the Athena the most fun, and the Overlander the most mindless.

I love replaceable blade straight razors. The best of the lot, in my opinion, is the Kai Kasho Woody, with the Feather SR a close second. The best blades for these razors are the Kai Mild PINK blades.

Highly recommend giving this type of razor a try. Take your time learning. Start with just the cheeks until you get comfortable; the chin should be last. Use the right hand for the right side and the le the hand for the left side.

You may end up thinking, as I do, that this is the very best way to shave, or you may not. But in the meantime, it will be an interesting adventure and you will be able to learn a new skill. And even if you end up thinking DE razors are better, you will have become a better shaver, some will get better shaves from your DEs.

I have or have had many of the razors you listed. IMHO Timeless is hard to beat. My top tier is Timeless SS and Ti, Blackbird Standard and Lite, Lambda Athena, and Karve Overlander.

You might like the Lambda razors, the Ares V2 and Athena.
Can I have an idea how the Lambda razors behave compared to the Timeless? Overlander is on my list.
Don't forget about Yates. Really good razors.
How does it shave?

Yates. Razorock (a lot of razors, a whole range of razors!). Yaqi (Mellon, Harlequin, Sentinel etc...). DSCosmetics. Lambda. Stando Polska (Etsy). Greencult.
There are also SE razors with Artist Club blades, before you move on to straights.

Wolfman. I think a Wolfman WR1 or WR2 can offer you possibly more. Then there are numerous Wolfman clones out there from Razorock and Yaqi that are often offering a very similar experience.

Or are you looking for the best American made razor? I have the razors mentioned and if you are on the "one must be best for me" mentality, I am afraid you should rather stop buying more razors and settle down now. I have a hard time picking my favorites, you should also try the Razorock slants or ... save yourself some money. See above! :)

Edit: Forgot Rex, Karve, Aylsworth.... hmmm. :)

I've a Kai Captain and feather SR waiting before I moving on to cutthroats. I want a razor that betters my experience of the timeless or offers something to experience that's noticeably different. Does wolfman shave better than timeless?

Razorock slants have also been on my radar, Aylsworth looks interesting. I'm just looking for a razor that betters the timeless in efficiency and smoothness.
I agree with the above. The timeless is the smoothest, the blackbird to the most efficient, the Athena the most fun, and the Overlander the most mindless.
Athena sounds like fun. :p

Timeless I have had 3 and they didn't impress me, the workmanship of the razors is excellent... but there are razors out there that do better
like those listed by @Iridian
My2cent 🙌

I've had the best experience with Timeless. None has given me such smooth, efficient and close shaves.
I love replaceable blade straight razors. The best of the lot, in my opinion, is the Kai Kasho Woody, with the Feather SR a close second. The best blades for these razors are the Kai Mild PINK blades.

Highly recommend giving this type of razor a try. Take your time learning. Start with just the cheeks until you get comfortable; the chin should be last. Use the right hand for the right side and the le the hand for the left side.

You may end up thinking, as I do, that this is the very best way to shave, or you may not. But in the meantime, it will be an interesting adventure and you will be able to learn a new skill. And even if you end up thinking DE razors are better, you will have become a better shaver, some will get better shaves from your DEs.

Yeah, I've a Kai Captain and Feather SR waiting for me to try them out.

In my humble opinion the Timeless .95 (OC-SB-Scalloped) is probably one of the smoothest and most efficient razors on the market. For my mug anyway…
IMG_0350.jpeg

I've had the best experience with Timeless. None has given me such smooth, efficient and close shaves.
Good for you, the only timeless that managed to keep up was the slim and 78OC bronze, but then again it depends on which razors you've tried so far, obviously if you've only used Timeless "they're the best razors" obviously it depends from your shaving style!
There are many razors out there that are better for example "yates plate H" with a very affordable price, otherwise Ares "for me" better than timeless 0.95
I can also add Karve, which with its plates you can increase the efficiency as you want "it still remains fluid" I use the E-F-G plates

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I'm just looking for a razor that betters the timeless in efficiency and smoothness.
You should try the Blackland Blackbird with SB. Many prefer it. You might also like the Lupo .95 OC, Game Changer .84P, and similar Wolfman based designs better.
I prefer using the Timeless Slim .5 OC over the .95 OC as it is more efficient.
A cheap alternative that is also very efficient is the Yaqi Harlequin, or the Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 OC.

I am willing to bet my left nut that at least one of these might be more to your liking than the Timeless .95 OC! :)

Can I have an idea how the Lambda razors behave compared to the Timeless?

I only have the Lambda Athena, not the Ares.

The Athena has very little blade feel, the Timeless a touch more. The Athena is quite heavy compared to the Ti Timeless, about the same compared to the stainless steel Timeless. The Athena head is a bit thinner therefore more maneuverable although I have no problems with the Timeless. Both Athena and Timeless have a bit of blade tabs exposed (Overlander covers blade tabs). I find the Athena handle to be not quite as ergonomic as the Timeless handles, especially the Crown handle.

Good for you, the only timeless that managed to keep up was the slim and 78OC bronze, but then again it depends on which razors you've tried so far, obviously if you've only used Timeless "they're the best razors" obviously it depends from your shaving style!
There are many razors out there that are better for example "yates plate H" with a very affordable price, otherwise Ares "for me" better than timeless 0.95
I can also add Karve, which with its plates you can increase the efficiency as you want "it still remains fluid" I use the E-F-G plates
That's the point of this thread, to find something better. In the OP I've mentioned a few razors that I own and used.

I love the timeless its my main razor now
Ti 68 SB also had both the scallop and the OC which are great and I love the OC but sold it as the SB daily was better I felt ? Kinda wish I kept the OC though :)

do not own the Timeless 95 but want to get one at some point to try so I know for sure how it feels

the two wolfman I have had wr2 is .95 and 1.15 and loved them
the 1.15 was to much for my face daily the .95 was great but if it got ahead of me daily I had to take a break from it for a day or two to let the irritation down
so my next DE will be a Wolfman .85/1.05 dual comb in Ti with scallop cap and do think that will beat the Timeless for me based on the other two I had they are that good

the .95 Wolfman was of course more efficient than the Timeless .68
but the Wolfman are insane comfy but so close and for the efficiency I could do more with less passes so it kinda came out ahead overall as the timeless .68 I do need to do quite a bit of clean up for that super close shave

my goal is to just have one razor as I just want one that I find the best for every day shaving

so the dual comb for me with the Wolfman I feel the .85 wont get out ahead of me ever as the .95 rarely did and I loved the 1.15 for days to just do a 2 pass and be happy as the efficiency was fun for one pass and use something else for the rest of the shave

Tatara Adjustable also I am curious about but the Ti ones are $ and hard to get

also answered your Ti post and for me only Ti DE razors

the other thing I am getting soon is the Kai Kasho Captain or whatever its called straight style AC razor as I want to try that

NO desire to maintain a straight at this point in my life but never say never as once my kids are grown out of college and empty nesting maybe I would think its OK :)

I’ve had 5 Timeless razors in the stable for 4+ years now (.68 in SS and Ti, .95 in SS and Ti, and a bronze .38). I love them all and they are among the best available in craftsmanship and shaving experience. I’m in my mid 40’s and these will long outlast me.

I appreciate the superb craftsmanship and buy it for life quality of razors available today. For the price of going out to dinner ($50-$70), you can purchase a quality razor that could last generations. Spend a little (or a lot) more for materials, aesthetics, and personal satisfaction. :)

Not huge fan of Timeless razors. They shave super smooth, but not very efficient....and I've owned them all. For me the Blackbird is tough to beat followed closely by the Yates H. The ATT SSRH you list is also a very nice razor that hangs with the best of them in my den. You might consider the Lambda Ares if you like OC razors....this one is awesome and provides fantastic shaves. You already have a bunch of nice razors so it may be hard to find something that works better. But if you're like me, you'll keep trying to find "the one" that bests them all. I really need to stop searching....lol.

Top Bottom