What's new

MÜHLE R 94 ROCCA - Should I buy it

I can currently pick up a MÜHLE R 94 ROCCA from a Black Friday sale for €54.
However, I wonder if I need it, given that I already have two razors of the same brand MÜHLE R 41GS and MÜHLE R 89 GRANDE.
So I would like to ask people who have observations to share how the MÜHLE R 94 ROCCA performs compared to the other two I already have?
If I buy it, will it be an unnecessary purchase because the features of the R 94 overlap with some of the razors I already have?

That’s a though question. Technically the answer is no, you don’t. You have both ends of the spectrum already and if they provide great results then that’s it.

As @Iridian mentioned the Rocca is right between the other two leaning a bit more towards the R41.

My 2ct is that the Rocca is an amazingly comfortable and effective razor. I love my R41, but the Rocca gets me the same result with less of a scraping feel. I am a daily shaver and the Rocca is more of a daily driver than the R41 -although I can use that daily too.

Cheers,

Guido

Ps: I imagine you already know the B&B answer, right? :wink2:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
As previously mentioned the Rocca sits between the R89 and R41 leaning towards the aggressive end of the spectrum. I personally love my Rocca and find it just the right level of aggressive/efficient for me.
I have already answered why I think someone should purchase a Rocca in another post tonight so please if you are easily swayed in matters of buying shaving gear do not read this post.
The R89 and Rocca are two very fine razors, though mild the R89 gives a smooth, comfortable shave. The Rocca is obviously my favourite razor so I can only provide you with my biased opinion...

The Rocca is the greatest razor ever made. It feels solid and well built and the first time you assemble it you can just feel the quality of the engineering that has gone into it. The hollow handle gives the razor excellent balance and means it is not too heavy. I know some people can't get on with the blade chatter, but I think of the sound it makes as you shave as a feature and it lets me know how the shave is going without having to feel my face, and if you like to rince your razor under the tap you can get the water to shoot out the ends of the lather channels.

...but don't let my opinion influence you, make up your own mind how great it is.

The Rocca has no lather channels in the base plate if that is something you look for. I wanted the Birch wood one, looks great but was unsure of the cleanout while shaving so passed for now.

I shave every day and for me the R41 was too much. The R89 is a little more work but fine. The Rocca is great as a daily shaver and more efficient than the R89. Very smooth and the lack of traditional lather ports has never been an issue. It clears out lather just fine.

Thanks to everyone who joined. I have placed the order and have already received confirmation that I will receive the shipment tomorrow.
Still, even if I don't like it, which is unlikely, the price of €54 with free shipping tells me I can sell it at no loss.

on this forum the answer is always an automatic yes :) make it two and throw in other goodies for science.
just kidding, but no, really :straight:

P.s.: joking aside, I think you made a good deal for 54eur for a stainless razor. Lupos (or other RR SS razors) go for twice that in Europe unfortunately.

I am fairly sure, you will not regret your purchase.

I have been using R94 for a few months and it has never let me down (the blades have 😆).

Let us know your impressions.

The Rocca rocks, very comfortable razor for a hassle free, every (other) day shave. And it looks great. For that price, you cannot go wrong

I am fairly sure, you will not regret your purchase.

I have been using R94 for a few months and it has never let me down (the blades have 😆).

Let us know your impressions.
He shaves twice a week. For this mode I use the R41 GS (steel version) which, with its deep serration, fits perfectly. So far I'm very satisfied, it made me wonder if I need another razor.
But of course, I will definitely try the R94 and then I will share my impressions.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Good for you, although I can't believe you came on this forum with a question like, "Should I buy it?" That answer was always going to be yes. And you used the "need" word, which none of us understand at all.

Top Bottom