What's new

Lupo 127 and Mamba 92

I was reading forums before I signed up here, I don't remember if here or paste and cut
Looks like you've got two stalkers fans now, Smurfie. 😁

Regarding the Lupo, pfft I had a 72,it was great. I sold it for some reason I can't remember.
The 95 harvested so much love on the forum. I can't see alot of people who would need a 127 gap on a Lupo, but then this forum is filled with nutters who will try it just for the sakes of it. Can we put down bets on who will get first dibs?

*cough Iridian

Last edited:
Looks like you've got two stalkers fans now, Smurfie.
Canadian Lol GIF

Blade gaps are out of control these days. I’m going to hold off until they release the Lupo 311. That might be enough.
You like your razors rather mild, ha?
🤣

Speaking about the Lupo 1.27, I'm not sure if I'll be an early bird buyer, though I'm a fan of the Lupo series.

Both the .95 OC and SB Lupos are pretty efficient, but still smooth. This leap in blade gap could be accompanied by a loss of smoothness... 🤷‍♂️ but perhaps not.

Last edited:
Haha, so I might have gotten the name wrong, but I did at least get the nationality right.
🤣 we shall see.
I guess @GlazedBoker will be the first to publish one of his stellar reviews! In any case, he would have the advantage that his baseplate would not have to cross the big pond... 😉

I think we've all bought enough "won't break the bank" razors to totally obliterate the bank. 😅
Famous last words. 🍻😜

Not sure I'd bother with the Mamba as I'm not bonding as much with the Mamba or BBS variants as much as the Lupos or Gamechanger 1.05. I'm sure I'll love the Lupo 1.27 but what an odd number to bring to market. Do you think they tinkered for months finding the ideal blade gap where 1.25 was too mild but 1.30 was too aggressive?

I might be of the few who prefer the Mamba design over the Lupo design for SB plates.
What I'd really like to see is is a BBS and Mamba with a Lupo style taper to the blade edge, and their OC variants with Lupo style teeth and OC variants with Lupo style teeth but spaced wider apart, like GC JAWS does.

The outer teeth on the BBS OC plate are really thin, and I've had the outer teeth on OC heads bent because they weren't reinforced/thick enough. Lupo-style outer teeth are much better off in this regard.

They could also take a cue from dscosmetic and introduce a few top cap variants.

Looks like you've got two stalkers fans now, Smurfie. 😁

Regarding the Lupo, pfft I had a 72,it was great. I sold it for some reason I can't remember.
The 95 harvested so much love on the forum. I can't see alot of people who would need a 127 gap on a Lupo, but then this forum is filled with nutters who will try it just for the sakes of it. Can we put down bets on who will get first dibs?

*cough Iridian

I am such a nutter and immediately put the new Mamba in my cart last night but then had a crisis of conscious and decided against it. I even added another cheap razor that I had wanted to try for a while but then I realised it would be just for the sake of it.
As someone that has all the BBS plates and many other Razorock razors and handles (not to mention other razors) I think I fall into this category. lol
I will buy the GC .76 eventually though.

I have no real interest in the Lupo. The .58 is my preferred gap in that razor even though I have the .72 but ultimately I would really like to see Razorock release the Lupo DLC again. Can we get that petition going please. lol

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Not sure I'd bother with the Mamba as I'm not bonding as much with the Mamba or BBS variants as much as the Lupos or Gamechanger 1.05. I'm sure I'll love the Lupo 1.27 but what an odd number to bring to market. Do you think they tinkered for months finding the ideal blade gap where 1.25 was too mild but 1.30 was too aggressive?
I have to agree, I simply like the Game Changers and Lupos a lot more than either Mamba or BBS.

And the BBS, looking almost like a Mamba, seems to be a later improved version of the Mamba design. So I am a bit surprised that they offer another Mamba with a higher gap. They have a BBS line with a lot of options by now, too, after all.

I think they have too many different razors and plate options by now. Getting a particular one can be tricky if they are offered only in small number batches. I enjoy the options, I just find it incredibly annoying that you have to rush upon release or you might not be guaranteed to get the plate or razor you desire a few weeks later.

I have a Lupo .95 and love it. I also have a Russian razor, which I can't recall how to spell out in English (kOAnGPN - but the N is backwards for English and the G is more like a 6 and the A is not an A) in .130 gap. The Lupo is at .95 and the Russian razor are both excellent, despite the difference in gaps. I also have a Rex Ambassador that I have used at 5 or 6, whatever is the max gap, and have had great shaves if I am not careless. I don't think the gap matters as much as we think it does.

Top Bottom