What's new

Mamba Changer .84?

So here is an interesting little thing I discovered...

I put a Mamba cap on a GC .84 baseplate and the fit was *perfect*. I was just goofing off and had already shaved for the day, but threw on a little cremo on my cheek just to see if it was a workable combo.

Initial reaction is that it feels a lot more like a mamba than a game changer, so the question is now: if you put a .68 OC or .84 OC plate under a mamba cap... do you essentially get an OC Mamba???

I know that some folks have asked for that and this very well could be a workable solution. Paging all Mamba/GC owners, I want to see if there are any good combos!

PS: The GC top on the Mamba .70 plate DOES NOT WORK as the curve of the mamba plate does not "flush" against the GC top cap.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I tried mixing and matching a Game Chnager JAWS 0.84 with a Mamba 0.53. Both ways increased blade exposure. Didn’t shave with either as I prefer the JAWS shallow to neutral and the Mamba steep to neutral and they both are happy clampers with the stock cap/baseplate combinations.

I tried mixing and matching a Game Chnager JAWS 0.84 with a Mamba 0.53. Both ways increased blade exposure. Didn’t shave with either as I prefer the JAWS shallow to neutral and the Mamba steep to neutral and they both are happy clampers with the stock cap/baseplate combinations.
Crazy! I was kind of thinking of the Tatara set up with the different caps and base plates all being interchangeable... The .84 base plate with the mamba cap felt useable for sure. I'll have to do a proper shave with it and report back 🫡

Top Bottom