What's new

Gin Recommendations

I was a Tanqueray man for years. I mostly drink gin in GnTs.

Then I discovered Hendrick's. Love it except when I hate it. Like when I polished off an entire fifth in a night. It is that smooth! If you are not careful you can wake up on the floor at 10:00 AM with an empty glass and the party monkey pounding your head with a hammer.:cursing:

Did I mention the Hendrick's Martini? Nectar of the Gods!

- Fill a Martini glass or Old Fashioned with ice
- Fill a tumbler half full of ice
- Pour 3oz of Hendrick's and 1oz of Noilly Pratt vermouth in tumbler
- Stir mix for 30 seconds
- Dump ice from Martini Glass/Old Fashioned
- Twist wedge of lime in Martini Glass/Old Fashioned
- Strain tumbler into Martini Glass/Old fashioned

Enjoy!

Tanquery 10 is my gin of choice; traditional martini style, grapefruit twist. As far as I know (it's been a while since the Tanq rep came into my bar), Tanq 10 is the only mass produced gin that uses fresh, hand picked and hand cut botanicals.

If I'm just having gin and tonics, I'm very happy with Bombay (with lime) or hendricks (with cucumber).

Tanquery 10 is my gin of choice; traditional martini style, grapefruit twist. As far as I know (it's been a while since the Tanq rep came into my bar), Tanq 10 is the only mass produced gin that uses fresh, hand picked and hand cut botanicals.

If I'm just having gin and tonics, I'm very happy with Bombay (with lime) or hendricks (with cucumber).

Tanq 10 is fantastic. I like the grapefruit twist idea - nice one!

Hendrick's Gin is great stuff, but for daily use I enjoy Seagram's gin. especially if your going to mix with tonic. Leave the expensive stuff for drinking straight.

Tanq 10 is fantastic. I like the grapefruit twist idea - nice one!

Thanks mate.
I checked at work today with one of the reps and it turns out my memory served me well. Tanq No. 10 is indeed distilled using fresh grapefruits and lemons. Using either of these as a twist in a martini, or even as a garnish, will really bring out the flavours that infused during the distillation process.

Enjoy!

Anybody try the new Beefeater 24? Just picked up a bottle at BevMo but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Top Bottom